The biggest running Mega-WeiDU Install of all

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 russ

russ

bilbo_faramir

• 78 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

It's me again. I installed TDD after BG2 Fixpack and I got the Anomen error. Upon investigation it's not really an error at all it's just that both the Fixpack and TDD try to do the same thing to Anomen's ToB bcs file (if he's a paladin his title changes on his character screen). The warning can be ignored.

I also got a lot of typos (maybe hundreds) and it was the same typo. It looks to me as if a "GLOBAL" or a "LOCAL" is missing from conditional variables. But it was done so often (and I think Horred did most of the writing on this mod) that it seems that WeiDU is just being hypersensitive. Is this the case?

Thanks.

#42 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

good to know that someone has checked the TDD error and it can be ignored.

with regards to weidu warning about typos in globals: this is weidu being overly sensitive and can be ignored as well.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#43 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

no one needs permission for how they play a mod on their own install, or even how they share it amongst friends. if they wish to release modified versions (including translations): yes, permission is absolutely needed. but for their own installs? no extra permission after the original releasing of the mod is needed.

We all knew who would have problems with this thread. :)

I for one am thrilled. Once we get some people who can work comfortably in German as well as English we can do a lot for people doing big megas.

#44 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

@ russ

Please can I get your modified Nalia.bcs file because I don't know how to use NI?

You must install TDD after NEJ2 but before fixpack to avoid this error.
With LuvNalia installed the order is: NEJ2 - NEJ2V602 - LuvNalia - TDD - BG2fixpack

Edited by Leonardo Watson, 14 February 2007 - 10:29 AM.

#45 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:08 AM

I wish you luck. The installation problems you encounter is just a head of the iceberg.

#46 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

Leonardo, you wrote earlier that the install was not biffed. How did your group install Reign of Terror without biffing? I recently experienced with that and could not get to even the first Artemis/Jarlaxle cutscene - the game blackscreens and has to be killed.

NOTE to MODERATORS:
Could you assign Leonardo's guest postings to his logon, so that he can update previous posts?

Edited by Azazello, 14 February 2007 - 10:22 AM.

#47 russ

russ

bilbo_faramir

• 78 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

@ russ

Please can I get your modified Nalia.bcs file because I don't know how to use NI?

You must install TDD after NEJ2 but before fixpack to avoid this error.
With LuvNalia installed the order is: NEJ2 - NEJ2V602 - LuvNalia - TDD - BG2fixpack

If I were to do that your game would be unplayable. Your Nalia.bcs is probably very different from mine (given the number of mods you are installing). Installing my bcs file over yours would eliminate the changes your mods have made to the bcs file. You really shouldn't be playing with so many mods without having NearInfinity, DLTCEP or, Shadowkeeper. I would recommend the first two. Remember, the goal isn't to install without errors but to be able to play. And I have never been able to play without using one of these programs to fix a bug. (I have even used a hex editor to make changes to files.) NearInfinity is the quickest to learn (make sure you have the most recent version of java installed by going to the java website). BTW when I finish installing all the mods I plan on installing (only 1/3 through) my own nalia.bcs file will be different from the one I have now.

Vlad's warning is a valid one and the only way I know of to see if all these mods interact properly is to play them and see what bugs pop up. All it takes is for one mod to overwrite rather than patch a file and another mod or your whole game can be messed up. Even in patching one mod could place an end instead of a continue() and an entire script could be ruined. When you have this many mods it is actually quicker to just play and see what happens then to go through all the tp2 files and check them. (I actually started doing that once). And I haven't even started to mention .dlg, worldmap and .are file problems.

This is one of the reasons I asked earlier if weidu can be used so that a mod writer could patch a bcs file or replace blocks within a bcs file even if the mod writer does not know the exact contents of that bcs file. This is the source of this particular error.

#48 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

I'm not a modder but there has to be a way for WeiDU to be able to patch a file that has been patched by another mod without the modder having to know the exact wording of any prior patches.

There is, but unfortunately it's not as straightforward or as nice as are/cre/itm patching. Take a look through Fixpack's tp2 (particularly OBC's Additional Script Fixes) if you want some good examples of script patching that doesn't use REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK--which I find to be utterly and completely worthless, for just these reasons.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#49 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

Have you changed the Nalia.bcs from the override? I thought, if the file inside the mod is changed before installation, it's always the same source-file and WeiDU does the needed changes - or am I wrong?

#50 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

There is a way to assign guest posts to members, but it involves editing the database directly, which I'd rather not do. :) I would suggest starting a new thread - if you would like, I can create a forum for the Mega-WeiDU Install?

#51 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:18 AM

I can create a forum for the Mega-WeiDU Install

I thought this was it???

When BP started it had to be installed with TDD + SoS + TS and with BGT it was a mega install! Leonardo Watson was just taken it to a hole new level!!! :cheers:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#52 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:25 AM

Point taken ;) I just thought some sort of workroom environment might be beneficial to the development of the new age mega-install ;)

#53 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:01 AM

Point taken ;) I just thought some sort of workroom environment might be beneficial to the development of the new age mega-install ;)

Thats good wording actually. "New age Mega-install". This forum was meant for BP+BGT but never conceived what these good people are attempting. Too bad Horred has not stopped in to comment. I would be interested in what he thinks of this.

I guess if you decided to make it new forum it would have to be titled the super mega install. Won't help us much though untill somebody translates that mega german thread into English. That would seem to me to be a necessary first step.

And Russ is 100% right. Even if all 180+ components install error free there are other things that could go wrong. So there is a lot to consider here.

#54 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:57 AM

I'm with Chev, let's keep this thread as-is. I made my request because I wanted to see the install list in 1st post re-organized, but that can be done in another post, not another thread.

#55 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:43 AM

As I have promised, now the entire installation instructions are translated into Englisch. It was much more work than I thought before. Sorry, if it sounds awkwardly, but this is not my mothers tongue. I had to delete the log file, because the attachment would be too big.
Please download the attached file.

Attached Files

#56 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

As I have promised, now the entire installation instructions are translated into Englisch. It was much more work than I thought before. Sorry, if it sounds awkwardly, but this is not my mothers tongue. I had to delete the log file, because the attachment would be too big.

That .pdf must have taken a good deal of time to work on. Great job! More comments to follow when I have time to read it through more fully but I can see just by glancing at it that you worked hard on it and should be thanked for your efforts by the community. :Bow:

First thing I noticed is that you have expanded thief stronghold installed pre BGT. I thought that 2.14 no longer over-write things? In erebusant's latest posted install log he has 2.14 after BGT and after the "big" mods but before BP177. Can somebody clarify?

Edited by zodden, 25 February 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#57 -Tivaan-

-Tivaan-

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:11 AM

All I can say is WOW :rolleyes:

#58 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

The improvements continue...

Now I have installed version BGT-WeiDU v1.03. The most important first: Now the kits can be installed after BGT. Forget all contrary remarks from my instructions. I will test some combinations next time.

some troubles with D0QuestPack v2.3 seem to be solved

actual bug report:

1. within Check the Bodies Fast Forward to the end of the conversation there should appear the cutscene to the 1-st fight against Sarevok. instead of this appears the announcement "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS and it an endless loop of the last conversation begins.
This mistake occurs only with the following eady-made characters cleric, +Cleric, BGCleric. (Gabriele)

2. Vic's Imoroved Irenicus Dungeon causes a crash in the Irenicus Dungeon when ROT is installed. (Marvin)

3. The MTS Trilogy of Crap; Part Two v2: The component "Add Scroll of Mike Summoning to Irenicus' Dungeon" adds some data to ar0602.bcs. Because of the missing continue() the intro of ROT cannot start. Should be fixed by the author. (Marvin)

4. misinformation

5. On the road from Beregost to Naschkell when resting a mage attacks with gigantic color whirl and kills half the party. It's Rhialto the Marvelous from Wild Mage Additions. He looks absolute beautiful, but he is much too strong at this time. (Luke, Marvin, Telpion). This happens with BGT-WeiDU v1.02, but apparently not with BGT-WeiDU v1.3 (Telperion, Wertax)

6. After installing Azengaard crashes the game in some cases. (Gabriele, Telperion)

7. The Katana "Celestial Fury" and " Celestial Fury +5 " is not useable. Have tried out several constellations, but the Katana remains unusable. Also some versions of the " Katana +3 " variations of this sword show this quality. (Lobo-mau)

8. Branwen is after casting "stone to flesh" hostilely. (Lobo-mau)

9. All 1-hand weapons with german translations are not useable for a fight with two weapons. All 1-hand weapons with english translation function flawlessly.

10. quest with Mae'Var in the thieving's guild. I solve just the tasks for MaeVar and also already have the documents for his betrayal. If I talk now, however, with Renal and agree to kill MaeVar, the thief's guild (not MaeVar) become hostilely minded and attacks me.

The fact that the gang become hostile only happens after taking away the documents from MaeVars guild house and speaking with Renal. It makes no difference, whether I accept the order to kill MaeVar or not. The opposite solution (Renal betray) functioned, however, without problems. (Lobo-mau)

11. I was the only one, who had installed the Raziel mod. It is not compatible with NEJ, never mind whetherit is installed before or afterwards.

The improvements are continued...
For more detailled information see here: http://kerzenburg.ni...e...717&page=14 (in German only)

I am curious about your experiences

Edited by Leonardo Watson, 28 February 2007 - 10:40 PM.

#59 kimmel

kimmel
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

A question for Leonardo about the pdf installation instructions: should 1stmod still be used? I'm sure I recall Bigg saying somewhere that it should not be used anymore, given the improvements in the Fixpack (see http://www.shsforums.net/index.p...howtopic=22760)

#60 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

Leonardo

I read in the .pdf about the HLA's from refinements not being able to be used if you have installed divine remix.

There is a workaround though that will allow you to use the priest and druid HLA's from DR version 5 and the HLA's from refinements for all the other classes.

Directions:

Remove the files Refinements/Hlab/Cleric/copy/*.2da, Refinements/Hlab/Druid/copy/*.2da and Refinements/Hlab/Multiclass/copy/ LUCM0.2DA, LUCR0.2DA, LUCT0.2DA, LUFC0.2DA, LUFD0.2DA, LUFMC.2DA.

Thread

http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=9293

I use this method myself and works fine.

Also you mention that the revised hell trials from DOquestpack can not be installed due to a conflict with fixpack. There is a workaround for that as well and its located here:

http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=8676

Just a note. Once the BGT version of BG1 NPC project comes out of beta the order will have to have BGT installed before any BP family mods like SoS, TDD, etc. At least that's what they tell me. The latest beta is PRO5-3 and it fixes alot- you should PM Cmorgan so you can get a copy for your team to test out.

I am thinking of trying out your install order with the latest versions of all the mods next week (BGT is now 1.04, BGTweaks has been updated as well as a few other mods on your list recently)

As allways thanks for your hard work. That .PDF will be very useful to keep open during an install as its helpful.