3 replies to this topic

#1 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:02 AM

Hello!

In Baldur's Gate, we have this strange situation where Duke Belt teleport the party from the Duke Palace to the Thieves Guild after divining Sarevok's location "through the power of my God".

Now I wonder what kind of spells those two are, since "Teleport" and "Teleport without error" affects the caster only and I can't think of a divination spell (priest or wizard) that would make you scry the location of a person.

Can someone help me understand here ?

Thanks!

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

Heh, well it is a scripting action, LeaveAreaLUA().

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:50 AM

Heh, well it is a scripting action, LeaveAreaLUA().

Thanks! But I meant to ask if in P&P there might exist such spells or if it's safer to just think of an artifact/special power that grants to teleport people somewhere else and ask your God something expecting a quite exact answer. :cheers:

#4 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:27 AM

There are lots and lots of stuff. In D&D, in some compendium, you'll find the ability to do anything you want.

I don't think the developers of Baldur's Gate looked in a manual though ;)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee