Free space inside the Baldur's Gate.

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 sirthaddeus

sirthaddeus

ale drinking highwayman

• 78 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

i am guessing this never got picked up or worked on?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#42 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

i am guessing this never got picked up or worked on?

Apparently not.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#43 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:47 AM

Arn't there rules against necroposting? No, that must just be me...

#44 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

If the thread has seen no activity for since November 2007, it is safe to assume that nothing will be done. In the future can you start a new thread to inquire instead of resurrected an old post. Or another suggestion is if the thread is this old, PM the people involved and see if they are going to start the project up or not.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#45 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:12 AM

Well, uh, yeah. That too.

#46 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

If the thread has seen no activity for since November 2007, it is safe to assume that nothing will be done.

This is on my back burner, which means it hasn't been abandoned but it might be a very long time before there's any progress unless I get help. Part of the issue is that pro5 did some work on the main area then disappeared with it, but I don't think what he did was so major it can't be reproduced. I did put out an informal call for dialogue writers and area artists (for the small interiors of the tower - Rabain did the main area). Someone even bit on the area art but I don't know if he's still around.

Then again, since Jarno has apparently learned how to mod, maybe he should lead this effort, since he started the topic... <_<. Frankly though, it doesn't even need modding expertise to get it started, just writers and artists.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#47 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

Long time no see. :) I'd be willing to help write.

#48 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

I'd be willing to help write.

If you'd like, you could start with post 17 on the first page which has some short character sketches and the area sketches as well. The characters should all have a few lines of dialogue at least, some more than others. The soldiers might not say a whole lot if they're on duty. The only character I've given any thought to is the castle warden, who would probably be a stern individual with a suspicious streak (he's a military man and an inquisitor). But everyone is pretty much wide open as far as their personalities etc. The most interesting characters might be the prisoners in the dungeon. There are some quest ideas in the other posts to be fleshed out a bit too.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#49 CuChoinneach

CuChoinneach
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

Wow, I would have liked to see this mod happen. Too bad I don't have time...I might've taken it up.

Designer/Director of the first unofficial add-in game modification for Baldur's Gate, "Dark Side of the Sword Coast".

#50 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

What leahnkain posted several years ago still stands. Please don't necropost.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#51 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:17 AM

I don't think we mind if people (necro)post ideas and comments here.* We (Yovaneth and I) have been working on this in a private forum, albeit slowly. If anyone with serious interest and writing, coding or artistic experience wants to help out, please let us know.

* Except along the lines of "is it done yet?"

#52 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I don't think we mind if people (necro)post ideas and comments here.* We (Yovaneth and I) have been working on this in a private forum, albeit slowly. If anyone with serious interest and writing, coding or artistic experience wants to help out, please let us know.

* Except along the lines of "is it done yet?"

So, with this one, how many mods are you currently working on/maintaining? :P

What about DSotSC for Tutu, how's that going?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#53 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

So, with this one, how many mods are you currently working on/maintaining? :P

What about DSotSC for Tutu, how's that going?

By "comments and ideas" I meant constructive ones about the mod, not necroheckling :P. Besides, Yovaneth's been doing most of the work on this (so far).

(And yes, I have a lot of mods on the orcish plate as you can see from the signature, including some that aren't even there... not proud of it really but I'd get bored if I had only one or two mods to maintain, as I'll usually get stumped by something beyond my skill and no one else can or will help. Happened with patching DSotSC a few years ago but WeiDU spell/item/cre patching functions have grown by leaps and bounds since then, so it might be feasible to pick up again, but even with the macros it's mind-numbing work.)

#54 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:00 AM

I have a bunch of photoshopped underground areas beneath the Blushing Mermaid and the sewers connecting the harbor. I made them a few years ago when I had a bout of area making and found their descriptions in the BG1 manual fascinating.

If you or anyone working on this is interested, please contact me.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#55 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

I have a bunch of photoshopped underground areas beneath the Blushing Mermaid and the sewers connecting the harbor. I made them a few years ago when I had a bout of area making and found their descriptions in the BG1 manual fascinating.

Sounds cool - that might fit in to what we're doing.

#56 WithinAmnesia

WithinAmnesia
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

What happened to this project? I see people don't like necro-ing threads here but this is a really special project and I am invested into finding out what happened to this project before it fell off the face of Faerûn.

I have been trying to get in contact with the holder's of this mod but they are all inactive. If this gets really bad I might just post up a project wanted with a cash reward (I know that that is frowned upon but hey this project might need a kick in the butt to get going). I really want this project to see the light of Lathander!

So please if anyone has any information on this project or who has the project assets / 'work permit' on it please contact myself here:

- Quite Active: https://forums.beamd...ect-dev-info/p1

- Less Active: http://www.shsforums...-withinamnesia/

- Less Active: mattwow3@gmail.com

#57 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

'Ere. (Pokes project a bit.) It says it's not dead. It doesn't want to go on the cart.

In fact, I've just been discussing this with our main developer Yovaneth, who has put an enormous amount of work into this project over the last several years, quietly but cunningly. The main issue is we are both quite busy and don't have a whole lot of free time for non-paying projects these days. Nevertheless, there is already too much content in this for us to commit it to the dead mod cart (one of the largest carts imaginable) quite yet. We could use a writer or two for fleshing out dialogue a bit. And we wouldn't ask for cash, but I don't know if we'd frown on it (well, I might, but then I'm always frowning; it means nothing... seriously, maybe a Kickstarter is what this project needs). Anyhow, don't get your hopes up for an imminent release, but if you think you might be able to help out (with writing or whatever), feel free to drop us a line.

#58 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Could the location assets be released, then anyone could patch in their own plots and NPCs?

#59 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:46 AM

Could the location assets be released, then anyone could patch in their own plots and NPCs?
If you are interested at this level, why not just contribute such to the mod itself?

If on the other hand you have an NPC you would like to be able to respond to situations in the Seatower, I think that would have to wait for something resembling a release, or perhaps something like Crossmod. I suppose we could at least release a list of area names etc., but I'll leave that for Yovaneth to decide.

#60 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

I'd only get in the way at this point.  My modding talent is still at the "cumbersome" level.  I was just imagining a conflict of plots among different mods.  I don't know enough lore to suss out remedies.  Is this island "government only", or is it essentially another district but dominated by a government building?