Photo

What character class of NPC would you like to see made?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:54 AM

Hello,

If you could come to SpellHold Studios home page and see a new evil female NPC......what class would you MOST want her to be?

Post your choice!

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

A single-class mage. I don't think there are any evil female mages.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Fighter Mage

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#4 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

assassin

#5 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

Monk, Bard, or Druid(Yes I know)
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#6 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

Ronin, this question is for you. (or, I geuss, anyone who wants to say something about this sub-subject)
There are currently 3 female assassins and there is currently 1 male assassin being made, all evil. So that is a total of 4 assassins.
If this new NPC is an assassin (making 5) do you think there might be an overkill of assassin NPCs?
Now, of course, on the other hand, one of the females isn't entirely bug free, the other 2 are not full NPCs (they were one day NPCs) and the male is not complete. So, this could be a good decision after all.
I geuss I am really just curious about your choice.

Keldon :new_thumbs:

Edited by Keldon, 22 February 2007 - 12:02 PM.

#7 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:10 PM

I can make a one day npc but it would look like a one day npc. I would like to see a full blown female assassin npc with dialogues, interjections, and maybe a romance that doesnt look and act like an one day NPC. I've tried one that hasnt been updated in a very long time and found it unacceptable. I also wouldnt complain about an evil female mage. Its your choice though, make what you want and if its made well people will use it. I have contemplated asking AndyR over at G3 if I could borrow a kit from sword and fist and make a NPC thats a HexBlade but I dont have the time to do it right so I just wont do it.

Edited by ronin69hof, 22 February 2007 - 12:10 PM.

#8 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

In my opinion thieves are plenty well covered. Yet another thief would make me want to puke.

Okay not really. Just saying that thieves seem a pretty overdone class.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#9 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

Still you can't demand a person to have talent for the 'arts' ;)

P.s. shouldn't this be rather a poll? Just... wondering.

Edited by Deathsangel, 22 February 2007 - 01:21 PM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#10 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

Kael, you bring up an interesting point and cause me to wonder....what character class has never been an NPC, but people most want to see?

Edited by Keldon, 22 February 2007 - 04:53 PM.

#11 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

Unfortunately, unless you're talking vanilla BG2 ever pure single class has been done. Unmodded, monks, barbarians, sorcerers, are non-existent and bards, paladins, and single class druids thieves and mages are rather lacking. Apart from those many complain about Aerie and Ano being annoying leaving only Vicky as a cleric (she's also the only pure cleric)

Just thoughts to chew on.

#12 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:20 AM

(she's also the only pure cleric)

You could wait for Gavin, but that will be a while. Tutu is out, but BG2 will take a bit longer than the 5 months it took for the Tutu release.

I can't think of a single female mage. Sure, there's Tashia, but she's a sorceress.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#13 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:33 AM

(she's also the only pure cleric)

You could wait for Gavin, but that will be a while. Tutu is out, but BG2 will take a bit longer than the 5 months it took for the Tutu release.

I can't think of a single female mage. Sure, there's Tashia, but she's a sorceress.

Mage Trio mod in progress

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#14 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:40 AM

I don't know. If an NPC has a story, it is ususally closely attached to her class, so the choice is out of my hands. And if the character doesn't have a story - do I really want to play her?

#15 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:13 AM

I don't know. If an NPC has a story, it is ususally closely attached to her class, so the choice is out of my hands. And if the character doesn't have a story - do I really want to play her?

Amen

#16 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:41 AM

Hi Kulyok,

When the original question was posted, it was with the intention that this "new evil female NPC" would be complete. A story, banters, interjectiosn....the whole bit.
With this is mind, what class would you most want to see made? Currently, a single class mage seems to be getting most of the votes...do you agree / disagree with this choice?

#17 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:42 AM

Um. I will play a well-made character regardless of her class, though I admit I prefer fighters, since my main char is a sorcerer, and, well, there's a certan NPC inclined towards magic, too. As for the straight mages - having played as a sorcerer myself, and with Kelsey in the party afterwards, I don't think I'll be playing with this class again.

I mean, I can tell you right away that I prefer a male NPC, not a female one, then someone else will come and say they prefer good characters, not evil ones then someone else will request a dwarf romance, while the others will be chanting for a friendship path in the background... you get the idea. :) Just go with whatever class you like.

#18 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

Kulyok,

I certainly understand what you are saying, and I feel that I need to be clear that I am not trying to get people to decide something for me (since this particular comment has come up a few times now). What I was hoping to accomplish was to discover what the majority of this community feels is lacking in way of NPC character classes. Don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate all the support and comments I have been getting, I just didnt want people misunderstanding the purpose of this post.
Once I have this information, then it could influence me as to what NPC I make next. (uhh, not that I have actually completed one yet.....) :whistling:

So people, if you are dying to see a particular class of NPC, please post it so it can be taken into consideration!

Peace
Keldon :new_thumbs:

#19 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

CLERIC!

I love the class, and I really love seeing how religion affects a character's life. Now if you can make a non-priestly sort who worships and is open about his/her deity kudos to you.

Bards are an interesting idea but I don't particularly like how they've made the class. Now IWD and NWN2 did very well on them, but BG2 not so much.

And yes I know I suggested some classes but the cleric is the one class I've never seen as a firm character (not one-day) for BG2 that isn't part of some big mod.

I'm gonna be done now though.

You could wait for Gavin, but that will be a while

Shameless self-promotion (yeah whatever) I'm currently beginning work on my own cleric as well. (Rixy from my thread) /Shameless self-promotion Unfortunately I have no idea how long before he is finished.

#20 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:13 PM

A single-class mage. I don't think there are any evil female mages.

Ninde. ;)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.