Problem With the game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Ian-

-Ian-

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

First off i love this mod! But I think there may be a problem with it. I just finished The Underdark and I was going to go to Watcher's Keep but I got there and then The movie voice the tells about Watchers keep didn't work instead it said Gloves of Feathertouch. And then I went to talk to one of the people that stand in front of the keep and it said Root of the Problem and gave some of the stats and stuff for. What is going on! Any help would be welcome.
P.S. I have these mods installed
Ashes of Embers
BG2 Tweaks
D0 Tweaks
Dugeon Be Gone
Soluafein
Dark Ritual
Weimer's Item Upgrade(new version)
Unfinished business
Quest Pack

If you need anything else just ask!

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

I don't think it's a Fade problem-as far as I know, Fade has absolutely no Watcher's Keep related content.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 DragonMaster

DragonMaster
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

First off i love this mod! But I think there may be a problem with it. I just finished The Underdark and I was going to go to Watcher's Keep but I got there and then The movie voice the tells about Watchers keep didn't work instead it said Gloves of Feathertouch. And then I went to talk to one of the people that stand in front of the keep and it said Root of the Problem and gave some of the stats and stuff for. What is going on! Any help would be welcome.
P.S. I have these mods installed
Ashes of Embers
BG2 Tweaks
D0 Tweaks
Dugeon Be Gone
Soluafein
Dark Ritual
Weimer's Item Upgrade(new version)
Unfinished business
Quest Pack

If you need anything else just ask!

Well now I've got some of the same mods installed as you do including Weimers Tactics mod and haven't had any problems with the Fade mod going to WK. Sounds to me it might have to do with a concflict of the Gloves of Feather touch which I don't have in my possession. Never bought them. Not even sure which mod they are from.

If you are still in AMN leave the gloves in your strong hold.<not sure if you got the multi strong holds or not> and than try and go to WK and see what happens.

DragonMaster

#4 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:28 AM

I don't know what the problem should be but I think that the Feather Touch Gloves were either from Amber or from the Rogue Rebalancing Mod, so maybe you previously had those mod (almost sure that gloves are from Amber) installed and something screwed up.

Make backups of your clean (after patched and baldurdashed) override folder, your chitin.key, baldur.ini, bgMain and dialog.tlk and use them after you have to uninstall - reinstall mods, it will make your life a lot easier.
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#5 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

This sounds like your classic corrupted dialog.tlk, with messed up strrefs. Been installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling a lot mods lately? That would explain this. Completely reinstalling the game (or using a backed up dialog.tlk if available) and reinstalling your mods should fix it. Not a Fade-related problem, though.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett