71 replies to this topic

#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image
#1 Challenge:
Your own Baldur's Gate series Player Character !
Deadline: Friday, 16th March
Post your piece in this topic!

And so the Weekly Fanart Challenge starts with an easy one. It gives a lot of freedom and room for imagination, so I'm looking forward of seeing lots and lots of PC's here during the following week. Medium is free as long as the work is your own - photomanipulations are okay too!

I will not hear any talk of "I would if I could draw." Do a stickfigure wielding whatever weapon your character wields, saying something s/he might say! Make a photomanipulation! A collage of clips you've cut out from newspapers! This is not a contest, nobody wins and nobody loses, so you don't have to be ashamed of your supposed lousy drawing skills.

Go go go! Draw!

EDIT: Thank you everyone for participating! This challenge is now closed but comments are still welcome here.

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:38 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:39 AM

I'll start to get this thing going!

Posted Image
I think her high charisma is comparable with the size and bareness of her boobies. But you wouldn't really believe it that she has a high intelligence too. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#3 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:53 AM

Um... been a while since I doodled anything, but here's Arraval - Elven FMT, penchant for backstabbing and anything sneaky...
Posted Image

Not a terribly good pic or scan or anything, but didn't want to leave Jaina all by her lonesome...

:cheers:

DtD

#4 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:05 AM

Huzzah! An entry! Super! Thank you! :cheers: Jaina is very happy to get some company, especially from a fellow rogue. :D

#5 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

I like this idea. I'm going to have to get my scanner working. 'Course that means a trip to the electronics store and downloading the drivers from the 'Net.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#6 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

Gasp! Beware of fresh air poisoning! It's worth the risk though. :)

#7 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

Okay, I promised Ilmatar I'd do *something*, so rather than flex my incredibly puny artistic muscles, I decided to try and make you all smile at least.

This is a terrible interpretation of my usual PC, Cassie. She has no set class but I usually play her as a vanilla fighter or a ranger of some sort. She's a half-elf but this sketch doesn't show it very well...at all actually. :)

So...here we have our beloved CHARNAME in the slums of Athkatla, doing what she does best: putting up with those *annoying* NPCs.

EDIT: Oh, in case you can't read the text, it's pretty clear if you click the image, just ah...don't mind the crappy handwriting. Does being left handed count as an excuse? ;)

Attached Images

• WF1.JPG

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#8 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

No scanner here. But I do have MS Paint!

rasputin.png

Malach, TN human necromancer. (Well, thief/necro dual. Shush you, it was completely legal in BG1.)

From a roleplaying perspective, you can't expect to hang out with Imoen for ten years without picking up some sneaking skillz. From a powergaming perspective, necromancers don't get access to invisibility spells... :whistling:

(Besides, it's so much more fun to toss Melf's Acid Arrows at people than having to keep Knock spells memorised. And you eat a lot less fireballs if Imoen can concentrate on maxing her trap searching early on.)

#9 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

:lol: Haha! Wonderful entries, Ace and vilkacis! Thank you for participating!

Keep them coming people! You've got six days left, so I'm hoping to see many more <CHARNAME>s here! :D

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

Here's a picture of Gavin, when he was a PnP cleric. We weren't playing in a Forgotten Realms setting, so he was a cleric of Pelor.

This portrait is very old. I never dated it, unfortunately, so I can't say how old it is. Had to have been after 3rd edition rules, though, to have been Pelor. Edit: couldn't have been much after it first came out, though, because I was deep into my crew-cut phase at that point.

Attached Images

• Gavin0001.jpg

Edited by BGhead, 11 March 2007 - 02:47 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#11 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:00 PM

Here's a picture of Gavin, when he was a PnP cleric. We weren't playing in a Forgotten Realms setting, so he was a cleric of Pelor.

This portrait is very old. I never dated it, unfortunately, so I can't say how old it is. Had to have been after 3rd edition rules, though, to have been Pelor. Edit: couldn't have been much after it first came out, though, because I was deep into my crew-cut phase at that point.

That's too funny! I had to view it from the top down and I was wondering what the heck was happening. The last bit then hit me and made me laugh out loud. Yep, that's our Gavin, all right!

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

Heheh, great entries. I may sketch something myself, we'll see.

#13 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

Heheh, great entries. I may sketch something myself, we'll see.

You MUST, I insist! :D

Thanks for participating, BGhead! I confess, I laughed out loud!

Plenty of time left to draw your PC's, people! Eeeeverybody, join the fun! (I have an exclamation mark day ! ! )

#14 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

Don't know if this'll qualify as 'art' but my drawing is actually spriting. Here is Dasbella, my current protagonist. She's a fighter and uses the Ravager. Sorry, couldn't help it but to submit this sprite :wacko:

Posted Image
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#15 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

Sprites are a lot of fun and they will do very well! Looks wonderful, very Bhaalspanish outfit. :D

Edited by Ilmatar, 11 March 2007 - 05:06 PM.

#16 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:54 PM

Sprites are a lot of fun and they will do very well! Looks wonderful, very Bhaalspanish outfit. :D

I always wondered if there was a connection. Unfortunately I have 0 artistic talent, so the best I could do is provide pretty pictures. Well I did a color job of something too, but it wasn't BG2 pc. (It wasn't even an rp pc in the end, cause I changed from an Air Genasi) If you want me to put it up I suppose I can.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#17 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Oho, you pulled me out of lurker mode. Good job ^_^ .

I actually didn't draw this one solely for the challenge, but the challenge did prod me into drawing it.

Serlina: CE Necromancer

Attached Images

• img057.jpg

(I like parentheses.)

#18 Gaias

Gaias
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

Good proportional job you have done there. Would look killer shaded. :)

Definitely feeling the 'playful neurotic psycho' within the expression. Good work!

#19 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:38 AM

I second what Gaias said! That's one hell of a drawing, Galsic, and it would look amazing shaded and/or colored! I'm really hoping that I can get you out of lurker mode more often and see you participate in the future challenges as well.

That goes to ALL OF YOU, btw. :D

#20 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:21 AM

That necro is awesome :) Talk about killer!

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression