Challenge #1: Player Character

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Gaias

Gaias
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:25 AM

That goes to ALL OF YOU, btw. :D

I would be submitting something that resembled a drawing (I think :unsure: ), but I do not possess a scanner at this point. Waiting until the taxman :devil: gives my return to do some serious hardware buying.

#22 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

These smilies here are more detailed than what I can do, I cant even draw a strait line so my stick figure would look really bad. :cheers: to all the others with artistic talent.

#23 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

I have to agree with Ronan. I can edit and that's the best I can do. And often enough that turns out scary.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#24 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:57 PM

Yay, a challenge :D !

My present character from BG:
Amawyn - Neutral Good, Half-Elf musican, stats (3rd ed):
Str: 6
Dex: 10
Con: 10
Int: 12
Wis: 12
Cha: 12

Posted Image

#25 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

Awesome, you guys are so talented. :D
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#26 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image
1 of Kova's Concept Art, FMT or MT
Posted Image
unnamed Barbaran battling at Tarnalin Tunnel. Observe a familiar MT in Background ;)

Edited by Zyraen, 12 March 2007 - 10:02 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#27 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:01 PM

I second what Gaias said! That's one hell of a drawing, Galsic, and it would look amazing shaded and/or colored!

Heh, I must admit, coloring ain't exactly my forte at the moment, though I am working on it.

I'm really hoping that I can get you out of lurker mode more often...

Well, outside of Layers of Reality, I really have little to contribute to the forums, so... :ph34r: .

...and see you participate in the future challenges as well.

I'll see what I can do :) .

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! And kudos to all the other entrants, as well (Zyraen, thems're big axes :blink: ).

BTW, ye did say we can post more than one idea, right? Hee hee, here's another one I came up with over the past couple of nights: LG monk...of some sort. Um, call her Celineen for now (I recycle names for my PCs, anyway :P ). Even tried some rough shading this time, though coloring'll have to wait for another drawing.

And now, I think I'll wait for the next challenge :) .

Attached Images

• img059.jpg

(I like parentheses.)

#28 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:18 AM

Hot dayum! I am so happy to see all you guys participate with such amazing pieces! Didn't I tell you this would be fun? :D Galsic - the shadowing looks really good, so you have no reason to be sparing it! I got some Imoen vibes off of that monk because of her face and hair. :blink:

A few more days to go until the next challenge, boys and girls, still time to participate!

Edited by Ilmatar, 13 March 2007 - 02:18 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:23 AM

Very nice, Galsic. I was instantly reminded of Imoen as well. :)

#30 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:30 AM

I'm at work and can use teh high technology. Scanner, w00!

001.png

Same guy. (He's a sketchy character. ...get it?) And yes, I'm aware that there's any number of things wrong with this one. <_<

I <3 Black Blade of Disaster. Too bad it sucks in BG2. (But on the other hand, you look pretty cool swinging that thing around.)

#31 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

Way cool!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#32 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:44 AM

Creative use of lunch break: Finding Out That Colouring Things In Photoshop Is A Lot Harder Than It Looks.

002.png

I have a shirt like that. Frog buttons are awesome.

#33 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

Ooh! :woot: Nice reflections, vilkacis! The best way to use your lunchbreak (right after to eating, that is) is to contribute to our challenge. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#34 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:00 AM

The only thing I can do. A little painting over a black and white portrait. This is the picture of an Air Genasi I was planning on playing for an rp. In the end he changed into a Sea Genasi and the portrait got scrapped.

Attached Images

• Wind_Duke_2.jpg

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#35 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:14 AM

If you did the portrait underneath, too, you've got no right saying you can't draw!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#36 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:26 AM

Nope. That was found on Elfwood. As said I can paint(using Gimp or Microsoft paint) on another person's image. That's it.

#37 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:30 AM

I think I promised to sketch something, so here goes. Not very hard to see that my player characters look very similar if I'm allowed to use a portrait or a drawing. Beard is the way to go.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 13 March 2007 - 06:33 AM.

#38 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:41 AM

Beard is the way to go.

Amen to that. :D Thank you, and Kael, for participating! :cheers:

#39 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:52 AM

These are all so lovely. :) I wonder if there'll be a gallery for each challenge later on?

#40 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

A gallery? Of only me? Heh (<-- that's a nervous heh btw) Or a gallery of each contest.