My PC (Delayed due to battle)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hi,

Since I discovered this forum a bit late after the first challenge with the subject to draw your PC, I thought I could share it now if its alright.

IŽll try to catch up with the current challenges.

Attached Images

• Abdel.png

Edited by flysoup, 19 March 2007 - 06:33 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

Aww, he looks like a necromancer from Nox game through and through! Very cool.

#3 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:43 AM

Oo, scary. (Nice pic, though.)

Judging by the skull on his chest, I take it he's not good-aligned? :P

#4 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:55 AM

Well about his alignment, he started out as a youngster with a chaotic neutral alignment but the road that whas colourized in red corrupted his mind.

The same goes to the player of the PC (that would be me) I am rather corrupted and the sanity has turned into insanity from all the unhealthy hours of gaming with this baldurs gate infection that I seem to be unable to get rid of. :woot:
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#5 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:02 AM

Wow. That. Is. AWESOME. :woot: Suits the image of the Bhaalspawn amazingly well, and the proportions, the pose, the weapons are all made with wonderful talent. The only thing that bugs me slightly is the leg/foot in the back. It might be a little in a wrong angle and would do with deeper shading, but then again, it's in the background so I can see why you left it sort of merged with the background.

His story, or the development of his alignment seems really realistic as well. Hats off to you, good sir!

So cool. *fangirling* I really hope to see more of your stuff in our challenges! So how about drawing Gorion for us, eh? :D

Edit: In my fangirl rantage I forgot to say: thank you for posting this even though you missed the challenge itself!

Edited by Ilmatar, 19 March 2007 - 07:04 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#6 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

Hi thanks for the comment, and actually you are right about the foot in the background, it looks weird and twisted. But thats typical me I work quick and forget to stop and look if it all looks right.

I work in a quicker way so I wont loose the feeling and mood in the drawing. And then afterwards I check for errors though this time the foot escaped my critical eye ;)

Here is a quick colourization in the computer.

Attached Images

• Abdel.png

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#7 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

Ha, I totally know what you mean. You work on a drawing for a long time and when it's finally almost finished, you take a look at it and go, "Aww man, why didn't I notice that before..." :D But the foot is a minor thing anyway, doesn't bother that much.

And ohmigod, please be the father of my children. :wub: That was the first thing I thought when I saw the colorization. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#8 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

Wow. Amazing work!

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#9 Lady Lesatho

Lady Lesatho
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

Oh wow! :wub: He looks absolutely wicked!

Great work!
o O ( ) O o
Nathan Explosion: Price check! Clean up, Aisle Six! Rotted body landsliiiiiiiide. And don't forget our special sale on every bone broken chickennnnn! Hurry! Enjoy our tasty hammer smashed face! Uh, Aisle Three.
Pickles: By the POWER OF ALL THAT IS EVIL, I COMMAND YOU TO AWAKEN AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH!

#10 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

This does look good! That fur's (looks like fur) a neat touch, too.

Edited by Galsic, 20 March 2007 - 10:31 AM.

(I like parentheses.)

#11 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the comment.

Aye it is fur indeed from all the wild dogs, wolfs and all the other tiresome furry creatures that constantly has to come in the way for the Bhaalspawn.
"Chef of Goblin Pies"