30 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:33 PM

Ah, Eddie! :D Lovely and romantic as ever. Btw, Dorotea, I couldn't help noticing which picture you're using for your test PC. Just a little bit Oedipal, isn't it? :D :D :D

#3 jurts

jurts
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:48 PM

Geez, weez, that's sooo sweet :)
Hmm... I have the feeling that I've seen the protagonists pic somewhere... where? Isn't that supposed to be Elvira's pic?

Well, seems like you are nearing the completion of the mod... that's wonderful :)

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:59 PM

Geez, weez, that's sooo sweet :)
Hmm... I have the feeling that I've seen the protagonists pic somewhere... where? Isn't that supposed to be Elvira's pic?

Well, seems like you are nearing the completion of the mod... that's wonderful :)

That's Elvira's pic, yes. :D Hence my comment to Dorotea. The early part of the romance is now playable, but there's plenty of programming to go yet. (I'm too wordy for my own good, I guess.)

#5 Merja

Merja

Blessed with uncommon common sense

• 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:32 PM

Btw, Dorotea, I couldn't help noticing which picture you're using for your test PC. Just a little bit Oedipal, isn't it?

LOL, now, I always pictured Edwin to have a morbid fascination with his mother and a poor and nearly aggresive relationship with his father. So Oedip is good. :lol:

:lol: :lol: can't wait can't wait can't wait :lol: :lol:
Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person good night.

#6 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:50 PM

Btw, Dorotea, I couldn't help noticing which picture you're using for your test PC. Just a little bit Oedipal, isn't it?

LOL, now, I always pictured Edwin to have a morbid fascination with his mother and a poor and nearly aggresive relationship with his father. So Oedip is good. :lol:

how did you know???

have you been reading the stories???

elvira is a rather...ahem...formidable woman, with a temper like a drow priestess who just found out her servants accidentally called the orkin man on her pet spider collection....

his dad...well, aggessive is not quite the word...more like resigned disgust...hehehhehhe
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:55 PM

Ah, Eddie!  Lovely and romantic as ever. Btw, Dorotea, I couldn't help noticing which picture you're using for your test PC. Just a little bit Oedipal, isn't it?   

Lol! I love this portrait, and besides I was supposed to be the voice of Elvira, so I have every right to use it. ;) But, yeah - it kinda hints on this 'special' relationship ...

As for completion of the mod, sigh, gals/guys don't get excited - there is tons of scripting and debugging yet to be done, in fact as far as I know I am entering the hardest stage of all.

Any good scripters out there?

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#8 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:02 AM

*grin* Well, in my stories Eddie's mother is a *very* formidable woman, and his relationship with his father isn't that good. Now, his *real* father on the other hand...

#9 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:03 AM

Lol! I love this portrait, and besides I was supposed to be the voice of Elvira, so I have every right to use it. ;) But, yeah - it kinda hints on this 'special' relationship ...

'Course you're entitled to use it. ;) Your voice *is* Elvira's voice after all.

#10 Merja

Merja

Blessed with uncommon common sense

• 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 01:19 AM

how did you know???

have you been reading the stories???

elvira is a rather...ahem...formidable woman, with a temper like a drow priestess who just found out her servants accidentally called the orkin man on her pet spider collection....

Of course I've been reading, I'm a fan :D The lady is indeed a force of nature, but her in-story relationship to Edwin is not nearly oedipal. 'Tis very normal, though slightly protective. I was thinking of something else. :wub: LOL, in-depth psycho babble: by the way he acts, it is highly improbable that he has any siblings, and was probably a long awaited and well loved child. That ego takes years to build. :wub: Add that to a good relationship to female parent, see where it leads :D

*grin* Well, in my stories Eddie's mother is a *very* formidable woman, and his relationship with his father isn't that good. Now, his *real* father on the other hand...

*shrudders* I don't think you'll like Gladys. No, no, sir. :lol:
Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person good night.

#11 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:19 AM

Edwin strikes me like a man with a lot of female influence in his life; he's very clean, and mannered even in insults, plus he does have a liking for women in all shapes and sizes. To me it implies a strong maternal figure, Elvira or not :wub: LOL, in-depth psycho babble: by the way he acts, it is highly improbable that he has any siblings, and was probably a long awaited and well loved child. That ego takes years to build. :wub: Add that to a good relationship to female parent, see where it leads :D

*shrudders* I don't think you'll like Gladys. No, no, sir. :lol:

The analysis is very close to my own, in fact. :) As for Gladys...if she's an Aerie-type simpering woman, who confuses 'female' with 'weak' I probably wouldn't like her, no. Still like your writing though. :D

#12 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 09:39 AM

more screen shots!!!

and more patented edwin sarcasm and insults, please...

something witty, wicked, barbed, funny and sarcastically lovable...

in another words, eddy being eddy... :D :P :lol: ;)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 10:19 AM

more screen shots!!!

and more patented edwin sarcasm and insults, please...

something witty, wicked, barbed, funny and sarcastically lovable...

in another words, eddy being eddy... :D :P :lol: ;)

Oh, there'll be plenty of Eddie being his lovable self. :D This screen shot will have to suffice for the moment though, wouldn't want to spoil the story. :)

#14 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 13 April 2003 - 10:35 AM

Is the crop cutting off the PC line at the bottom intentional, or did something go wrong with the screen capture or image upload or what?

#15 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 01:23 PM

It was intentional - I wanted to show more of previous Edwin's dialog.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#16 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:35 PM

Are there more than those three PC replies?

#17 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:01 PM

Are there more than those three PC replies?

Yep. I am afraid - Edwin's romance is rather verbal and consists mostly of wittisicms exchange between the two, since it is written for a PC with Int=>14.
:D

And that is why I love it so.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#18 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:47 PM

Can you list the other PC replies without too much trouble?

I want to see if Kismet owes me a Pabst Blue Ribbon, you see.

#19 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#20 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:58 PM

Thanks.