• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:00 AM

i like option2....

now the tone you want to take with eddy is a combination of wit and sardonic humor, right??? sorta like showing your bravado and wit....proving you are the intellectual equal of edwin, who obviously values intelligence the most of all his traits... :P :P :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#22 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:31 AM

i like option2....

now the tone you want to take with eddy is a combination of wit and sardonic humor, right??? sorta like showing your bravado and wit....proving you are the intellectual equal of edwin, who obviously values intelligence the most of all his traits... :P :P :P

Oh yes. :) In my opinion, intelligence and wit would appeal to Eddie more than anything else, so there will be plenty of such opportunities to impress him. Mind you, the other options will work as well, and you are free to insult him back very often, he'll only break up the romance if you're *really* cruel to him. You'll know those options when you see them, there should be no risk of him dumping you accidentally.

#23 Merja

Merja

Blessed with uncommon common sense

• 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:38 PM

The analysis is very close to my own, in fact.  As for Gladys...if she's an Aerie-type simpering woman, who confuses 'female' with 'weak' I probably wouldn't like her, no. Still like your writing though. 

:lol: Thanks for the compliment, likewise :lol: And no, Gladys is not Aerie-like...

Oh yes.  In my opinion, intelligence and wit would appeal to Eddie more than anything else, so there will be plenty of such opportunities to impress him. Mind you, the other options will work as well, and you are free to insult him back very often, he'll only break up the romance if you're *really* cruel to him. You'll know those options when you see them, there should be no risk of him dumping you accidentally

LOL, there's always autosave, especially since you want to get him voiced by a great sounder :lol: gotta love that accent.
Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person good night.

#24 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:40 PM

hey, howsa about posting a link or a downloadable wav of any voice snippets you have already?? i mean is there a voice actor for eddy yet??

or just elvira saying...

"sniff!!!!"

or something elvira-ish...

elvira-mistress of the dark..hahahhahahhahh :) :) :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#25 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:18 PM

hey, howsa about posting a link or a downloadable wav of any voice snippets you have already?? i mean is there a voice actor for eddy yet??

or just elvira saying...

"sniff!!!!"

or something elvira-ish...

elvira-mistress of the dark..hahahhahahhahh :) :) :)

Happy to see you excited, but I think we'll keep the voice samples secret for the moment. They should be experienced within the game, as they are meant to. :) We do have Elvira's and Dekaras' lines done already. A voice actor for Edwin (with proper accent) has been found, though I can't say how far along that part of the project is.

#26 Jesara

Jesara
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 12:53 PM

Very funny. I love the wordplay. I've always wished I had more choices in what I could say to Edwin, it would be such fun trying to outdo him. :D

#27 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 03:15 PM

Very funny. I love the wordplay. I've always wished I had more choices in what I could say to Edwin, it would be such fun trying to outdo him. :D

Oh, you'll have *plenty* of chances to verbally spar with Edwin! :D And yes, sometimes you'll be able to outdo him too. Glad you like what you've seen so far! :)

#28 -Kir-

-Kir-

Posted 25 April 2003 - 03:50 AM

By the answer #4 I see that Evil Barbie firmly has her place in the project. Which is fun... but how does it conform with INT>=14 requirement? ;)

Besides, will there be a proof-reading phase? Answer #1: "Remind me to show you some of my scars"; answer #4: "Well, I, like, killed..." (I think so, though I'm not a native speaker).

#29 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:58 AM

By the answer #4 I see that Evil Barbie firmly has her place in the project. Which is fun... but how does it conform with INT>=14 requirement? ;)

Lol! I assume Laufey had too much fun writing this one to resist putting it into the romance. Supposedly though the PC was trying to be sarcastic. :)

Besides, will there be a proof-reading phase? Answer #1: "Remind me to show you some of my scars"; answer #4: "Well, I, like, killed..." (I think so, though I'm not a native speaker).

The romance was once posted in the Attic so I assume it was spellchecked by the enthusiastic crowd. But the pre-beta testers are finding misspels and reporting them to me all the time, so hopefully we will be all set. Please contact Laufey for more detail on this one.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#30 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 25 April 2003 - 07:10 AM

Those uses of "I" and "me" are correct.

#31 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 11:42 AM

Evil Barbie is too much fun to leave out. ;) My idea is that the PC choosing this response most likely is being sarcastic, teasing Edwin a bit.

I think these particular sentences are correct, but I hope that the beta testers will find any other potential typos.