• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

As the NWN2 thread. What are you and where are you at in NWN, SoU, or HotU

Currently my Halfling Sorcerer Athran (HotU) is on his way through a strange village of slaves in the Underdark. After that he plans to return, for he will have done all he could to weaken the Valsharess and strengthen his allies. With him is the mysterious Nathyrra, a Drow Assassin, and a skilled mage, and the ever fun (or annoying) Deekin, a not-too-realistic Kobold Bard.

Athran maintains a growing companionship with Nathyrra and looks to Deekin as a kindred spirit, both seeking to prove themselves in a world that ridicules their races.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

Finished OC+HOTU for the first(and hopefully the last) time bare days ago. I was bored by Chapter 3 of OC, but I was determined to see it to the end at least once, and so I did. SOU proved so bland I didn't even go past the gates, but HOTU's opening movie and the fact that female character was shown very close to naked(whereas Daelan and Valen retained pretty solid-looking underwear later, pah! Talk about sexual harassment) caught my interest, and I finished it, too. The talking sword was nice. The "hey, let's betray these people - they are not hot, and I am" was nice, too, though the drow queen's lusty approach to my female character was rather shocking. Valen dumped his whole romance dialogue on my PC, but, man, was it boring... even Aarin Gend in the OC was better. And, for some reason, I suspected that Aribeth, when we'll be freeing her from the ice, will be naked, too - she wasn't. The Sleeping Man was funny, especially after Panov's books. And the very ending led me to believe that ToB epilogues were a _good_ solution... this game is dangerous. :(

#3 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

Haven't played SoU yet, but have finished NWN and HoTU as well as a few player made modules. I bought NWN2 at the same time as the Diamond Edition of NWN so haven't gone back to the first one. I need to go back and get into it again :)

#4 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

I just beat HOU and SOU awhile back both were preety decent though the thing that bites me is you never really know what happens to Xanos or that dwarf chick (I never used her forget her name lol)

But the ending in HOU was quite cool to see what happend to all the party members and cool npc's and of course yourself!

Edited by Vicen, 21 June 2008 - 09:27 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#5 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:02 AM

I made a point of playing through the entire NWN OC and the two expansions before playing any modules...so yeah, I'm done.

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#6 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

Technically I'm at Chapter 3 of the NWN OC (can't even remember my character, doesn't really matter there wasn't much scope for characterisation in the OC). I gave up out of boredom (What? You want me to go and fetch another set of random crap for you while you ad the ten or so other people you've brought from NW just sit here, and gabble on about how important this all is? Sod off.) NWN OC was so incredibly tedious without any originality, creativity or inspiration. I don't know why they bothered.

Never played SoU. I loved HotU , played with a fairly yummy half elven mage, but sadly he couldn't romance Valen :crying: .
However the game ate my shape-changing amulet from my inventory preventing me getting past a certain point in Chapter 3. Re-loading didn't help. I mean to return to it one day. Some day :unsure:

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage