Buying Fade vs Killing Mallon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Mahng-

-Mahng-

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

I have the choice the buy Fade from Mallon or to just take her and off Mallon in the process. Intelligence tells me to buy her, for her own sake. Personal integrity says to just execute Mallon for his violation of human (tiefling) rights. But I want to know, will less events occur later on in the story if I buy Fade? (since the Pasha will not be angry that I stole his property).

#2 Silmarien

Silmarien
  • Modder
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

At this point in time, I don't think picking the 'buy Fade' option will reduce future content... Elysia?

#3 -ridcully-

-ridcully-

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

I myself bought Fade, and the whole relationship bit went fine. When Fade finds out, she's a bit furious, but if you know how to answer her questions and do the right thing, you should be fine.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

Ok thanks, but I'm not worried about the relationship - I'm sure this honeykitten is in the bag as far as that goes. I ask the question because it seems likely that the Pasha will come after me if I DON'T buy her, which means more battles and more loot. I'm just wondering if I will miss out on anything by buying her. (Ever read those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books - I'm the kind of guy that would hold onto the pages and go back to read what would have happened if I chose another route.)

#5 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

I don't think you will have any thing to fear on will you meet the Pasha or not.
As far as I know on that would be what Miss E has decided but has not let any one see yet. Speaking for those that love Fade, I would say if Miss E has taken our feelings into account, then either way you choose we will get to get our hands on the Pasha for what he did to her. And what have we said we would like to do to him, well let your imagination run amuck on that to the utmost evil thoughts.

The path then would be will he come for you or will you go to him. Which will make the replay enjoyable to try both paths.

But then we must be patient for Miss E.

#6 Malakii

Malakii
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

...(Ever read those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books - I'm the kind of guy that would hold onto the pages and go back to read what would have happened if I chose another route.)

I completely understand. I am most of the way through a SoA Fade game but I find myself "quick saving" often. The reason? When I get to dialog options, I have to play through (and screen shot) the different options and reactions that are available. I then redo the one I liked best before proceeding. Fade is just so fantastic and well written that I can't help it.

As far as Mallon, I too bought Fade. I think we'll still be facing off against the Pasha...after all, did Mallon really pass on our payment to the Pasha? Will the Pasha honor his deal or will he be so bent on "possessing" Fade that he might consider going back on his deal, attempt to kill [CHARNAME], and take Fade back (he is a bad guy after all)? Of course, Golden Thief makes a good point in that Miss E may also give us the option of tracking down the Pasha ourselves to enact some "pay back" and free the others he has enslaved.

In any event, thanks so much Miss E for a wonderful NPC mod that keeps us coming back to BGII. :cheers:

#7 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

CAn someone tell me where can I find fade after she gets kidnapped? I don't understand the clue we are given, to be sincere.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#8 Beetle

Beetle
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

<Spoilers>

Fade can be found on the second floor of the Guarded Compound in the Temple district.

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to anger. No, wait, hold on. Fear leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side. Hold on, no... First you get the women, then you get the money, then you... Okay, can we forget that?" - Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

#9 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

Yes, let's say I wasn't able to find her because I already took care of the guarded compound party and so I've never had the idea that they could be in the back of the building.

By the way, I stopped fade from destroying mallon's body; I'm finding a new problem > she doesn't speak anymore to me, and she doesn't answer to player dialogues (I mean, I take my charname and force talk with her, but she has nothing to say).

Seems like my current lovetalk is 31 ;)

Edit:NVM; discovered that I've got to go to a inn ;D

Edited by Sergio, 28 July 2014 - 02:45 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#10 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

The choice here is mainly from a role-playing point of view, as far as I know.   If you know how to talk to Fade, you can calm her down even if she gets upset.   Thing is, depending on whether you are role-playing or not.... do you want to support slavers by giving them money, or would you rather destroy them?   Personally, I always massacre the whole filthy lot of them, simply because I hate slavery  :P

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1