Photo

Any interest in another Play by Post campaign?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:53 AM

If you are unfamiliar with play by post, it moves more slowly than a gaming session in your dining room.

Unfamiliar with play by post, and with real life sessions as well.
Hence I haven't a clue how to play :)

Playing is easy, just use your imagination. Would probably be good to play an easy class like fighter or thief if you have never played before. Us "oldtimers" can help ya out alot.

#22 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:16 AM

If you are unfamiliar with play by post, it moves more slowly than a gaming session in your dining room.

Unfamiliar with play by post, and with real life sessions as well.
Hence I haven't a clue how to play :)

There's a column on the Wizards web site that's been talking about how to play for some time now. It's good if you're generating your first character.

http://www.wizards.c...x=dnd/arch/play is the link for the archive.

Once you actually start playing it's easy enough. The DM will describe what's happening and you simply need to post what your character is going to do in response. Once you start playing it's easy enough to pick up, and I'm sure the other players and berelinde as the DM will be happy to help you out. If there's something you want to know ask them, or ask around the forum and someone else will try to help. :D

Edited by Bluenose, 12 April 2007 - 03:47 AM.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#23 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:55 AM

This group is gentle on newcomers. You won't be expected to know everything at once, and the medium will allow you the time to look things up.

Both Bluenose and Ronin have the right of it: you just read the DM post and post what your character would do.

It's best to carry on conversation in character, but you'll pick that up quickly enough.

Once the forum is set up, I'll post links to character creation and gameplay tools, along with instructions on emailing dice rolls.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#24 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:11 AM

I would enjoy being apart of this too. Could be fun. *ponders of what kind of char she could inflict on this group*
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#25 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

Rogues and Clerics are very welcome. I'm kinda thinking that I'll go with the Wizard over the Cleric. (We'll see)
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#26 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

I would go with a VERY stubborn elven ranger that would give you all a headache at times. But she would be kind and loveable at the same time.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

Posted Image

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#27 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

Ah. Well we'll see what B says. But really, I doubt she's likely to have a problem with it.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#28 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:38 AM

There's room for 8 or 9 players besides the DM. More than that, you'd never get around the corner. If igi decides to join, there party would be full.

Edited by berelinde, 12 April 2007 - 09:53 AM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#29 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

Okay then. But if igi decides to not join, I will gladly fill the space.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

Posted Image

#30 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

If we go with 9, you could still fit in the party.

But that would definitely close it.

Check your PMs.

berelinde's mods

#31 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

I have just finished school and therefore have returned to SHS. :cheers:
I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of this campaign should there still be room for one more player. :whistling:
I would play a neutral evil assassin. :devil: Please let me know if there is room for me. :unsure:

Many thanks! :cheers:
Keldon

Edited by Keldon, 07 May 2007 - 12:14 PM.

#32 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

Hello everyone!

I am new to SHS but have been trolling for some time now.
I too am very interested in taking part in this play-by-post campaign, if there is still available room.
If there is not, could someone please be so kind as to point me to one that still has rooms for players to join?

Dirt Squirrel
Knowledge is Power, and power corrupts, so study hard and be Evil!

I'm so good that, if I didn't already exist, someone would invent me!

#33 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hmm.. If you ever start a new campaign, count me in!
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#34 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:45 AM

Hmm.. If you ever start a new campaign, count me in!

And me also (behind Altariel in the pecking order, of course). I love roleplaying so would be prepared to fill in any necessary gaps in a group's make-up :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#35 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

Unfortunately, I'm maxed out, and won't be starting another campaign at this time, but there's no reason someone else couldn't start one :) It certainly looks like there's the interest for it!

berelinde's mods

#36 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:25 AM

I would be intrested too, although I might be kinda out of the loop when it comes to the rules, but how needs them when chaos is on one side, the party or the monsters, I wouldn't care, I would still be on it's side.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#37 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

There's a possibility that I might, potentially, start a freeform rp some time after I get back.

@SirK. I'm guessing a paladin? :D

#38 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

You know, I might be able to coax SirBarneyDink into DMing a 2E campaign...
He's a tepid forum user, but an avid DM. Let me see what he has to say.

berelinde's mods

#39 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

That would be really great Berelinde! I am still very interested in taking part in this!

*Hugs*
DS
Knowledge is Power, and power corrupts, so study hard and be Evil!

I'm so good that, if I didn't already exist, someone would invent me!

#40 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'd be game for one as well. Been an awfully long time since I've been a player and not a DM (and I'm afraid I don't have the time to be DM for a campaign), though I'll sit behind the others in pecking order.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri