Photo

All My PCs

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

That's because those are, what's their name, shalvars I think (urgh, language barrier). They'll probably look more accurate after you get some sleep :D And I'm daring you to guess who that from "Hungry Dreams" image is ;)
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#22 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

That's because those are, what's their name, shalvars I think (urgh, language barrier). They'll probably look more accurate after you get some sleep :D And I'm daring you to guess who that from "Hungry Dreams" image is ;)

I of course know who that in the "Hungry Dreams" image is...but I won't tell.

Still, I didn't imagine her eye to be *THAT* bad. :o

- :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#23 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

You read, and you didn't review. Shame on you :D

Well, yes, it's that bad, and if you've seen that image "Team Spirit" then you know what happened to her arm. What? Did I overdo?
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#24 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:35 AM

You read, and you didn't review. Shame on you :D

Well, yes, it's that bad, and if you've seen that image "Team Spirit" then you know what happened to her arm. What? Did I overdo?

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

:unsure:
Really, I still plan on reviewing. I'm just so busy these days. Also, I'm going to offer some corrections of spelling and the like (though overall it's pretty good), so you might even get an extra PM as well as a review. ;)

"Team Spirit"...I'm not sure if I saw it. I recall seeing your PC before in total, but I'm not sure about that picture. Where did you post it? I haven't checked the group for a while now, so if you posted there, I might not have seen it yet.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Jazhara7, 25 May 2008 - 01:36 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#25 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

Oh, come on. I was kidding. :cheers: On a side note with the way my mistakes are pilling up, I'll need a damn beta

Here you go: Link
Posted Image

#26 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

Ah, yes. I've seen that one in the contest. No, the arm isn't that bad. But the eye I never imagined to be that bad.

Actually, I was expecting some badly and slightly unhealed wound, missing eye, awful scarring. The whole programme, you know. In a way, the bare skull is anticlimactic after that, but it's still awful to look at.

The arm...*shrugs*. I guess I'm desensitised, but I've seen so many bone arms in my time, it's just not that bad. Now, the connection between the bone arm and the rest of the body: *THAT's* something that can give a person nightmares. That's also why the bare bone in the face is so awful to look at, because you can't help but see the connection between bone and tissue.

Oh, and I could be your beta, if you want. :) I'm mostly not reviewing out of lack of time due to me needing about 15 minutes to remember my Fanfiction.net password...so I often put it off for later if I am busy. But betaing is something that I could do. :)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#27 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:53 AM

I'd be most and sincerely grateful if you'd some beta-ing :Bow: Grateful for reviews as I am, it still stings when they start to point out grammar errors. I may know four languages but I am by no means expert in each.

This kind of extreme scaring happens when the hero in question doesn't want to fight, doesn't know how to fight, and doesn't have the mentality of a hero/leader and is generally thrown form frying pen into an oven. I was so sick and tired of heroes who came out on top of every challenge. Though, now speaking to you, I wonder if I hadn't overdone it with her.

This one was done with temperas. My first traditional medium drawing that wasn't for school. MotB offers so much potential for roleplaying a slightly deranged characters.

Masquarade.jpg

Edited by Orthodoxia, 25 May 2008 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

I'd be most and sincerely grateful if you'd some beta-ing :Bow: Grateful for reviews as I am, it still stings when they start to point out grammar errors. I may know four languages but I am by no means expert in each.

This kind of extreme scaring happens when the hero in question doesn't want to fight, doesn't know how to fight, and doesn't have the mentality of a hero/leader and is generally thrown form frying pen into an oven. I was so sick and tired of heroes who came out on top of every challenge. Though, now speaking to you, I wonder if I hadn't overdone it with her.

This one was done with temperas. My first traditional medium drawing that wasn't for school. MotB offers so much potential for roleplaying a slightly deranged characters.

Masquarade.jpg

I'll gladly be your beta. I can PM you my email address, if you don't have it already. I'll go through the previous chapters again too, and write down the grammar mistakes in the meantime, okay?

Yeah, I think you might have overdone...at least if you still want to call it "scarring". I think this is beyond scarring. This borders on disfigurement. :P Though I agree, MotB lends itself well to playing such PCs. Also, I have to work on making the looks of my characters a bit more rough too. I've managed to have some of them have some character roughness over the course of the gameplay (the best examples being Noriko from Baldur's Gate, which you might recall from her glomping Xan. :P She wen't...well, not really Emo, but rather apathetic and depressing after Spellhold, though she improved again after the end of SoA. The other example is Shariveillin, who, believe it or not, went Emo for some time. Only for a few days, though, after which she kicked herself in the rear to get it back together again. She was rather cold though dutiful, denying to herself she was hurt, though. That lasted about a year, and then "The Fall of Aielund" happened. She took a bit to open up completely again, though she didn't show it - she was her old cheery self on the outside again, and in the end she really was that way again, though she had matured a little bit too. Still she's a squirrel lots of the time still - too much energy, you see.), but I have never managed to transfer that grittiness to their looks.

I saw that one over at your deviantart account. I absolutely love it. ^_^

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#29 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

It took me three days to do the feathers and there's about 4 millimeters of paint the paper :wacko:

I think that by default I stir away from the mainstream of various PCs who, while they are strong and capable, still have issues that they manage to overcome those during the story (I'm talking about fanfiction mainly). I have read about so may strong fighters, noble paladins and quick-on-the-feet rangers who look good in shining or leather armor (and there's a choice of good stories there) that I felt the urge to create someone more diminutive.

My characters don't change for the sake of others (for instance: fire spreading throughout the city is not going to move Ele'ena unless it comes knocking on her door and then she would ran away). The change has to be forced upon them by some profound incident.

Yeah, and now back to drawing.
Posted Image

#30 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:16 PM

Some blatant fanart of Sammi's sorceress wannabe bard bhaalspawn 'cause she''s too cute for words :P I used her as an excuse to practice digital coloring.

Sammi_Somara.jpg
Posted Image

#31 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Some blatant fanart of Sammi's sorceress wannabe bard bhaalspawn 'cause she''s too cute for words :P I used her as an excuse to practice digital coloring.

Sammi_Somara.jpg

Ohmygawd. I love the hat, it looks almost exactly like the one she wears whenever I draw my 'modernized BG' pictures. (BTW, thats part of this "Beregost High School" story I'm sorta doing through pictures on DA)
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#32 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

Lot of dust on this topic that I wonder if I should just chunk it away. In any case, I was reluctant to make another topic so it will have to go here.

Ok, I'm very nervous about posting this. This is the cover of my small pet project, a short BG2 comic inspired by a song (I'll tell which one once it's over). It shouldn't be longer than 10 pages or so. I hope everything is visible enough and if it isn't... well shadows *are* there to conceal things ;) Let's see if I can keep interest in this project.

ItF_0.jpg
Posted Image

#33 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

LE DROOL! When can we expect more? :D

#34 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

Wow, can't wait to read the fanfic!

#35 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

LE DROOL! When can we expect more? :D

After I'm finished with pencils and then with coloring... eh, soonish.

Wow, can't wait to read the fanfic!

It's a comic silly :)
Posted Image

#36 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

Oh, and I'll still just have to say, the way you're partially using smooth coloring and partially a loose/rough crosshatch for shading works well to give the pictures a neat and tingly surreal wibe. Me likes. ^^

#37 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

Dox, ah Dox, how do you color without getting out of lines? paint Bucket, or what?

#38 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

Oh, and I'll still just have to say, the way you're partially using smooth coloring and partially a loose/rough crosshatch for shading works well to give the pictures a neat and tingly surreal wibe. Me likes. ^^

"Surreal wibe" was something I was aiming for but it's all mostly because I love my pencils and I HATE inking on screen!!!

Dox, ah Dox, how do you color without getting out of lines? paint Bucket, or what?

Tablet. Tablet. And more Tablet.
...Dox? :blink:
Posted Image

#39 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

...Dox? :blink:

O-R-T-H-O-D-O-X-I-A. Kinda long... So I shortened it a litttle. Oh, well, maybe not a little... :D

#40 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

And now that Xan is here the melodrama can begin!!

Now I feel compelled to warn you. This is my first comic (I'm lying, third) and I'm still very much learning the inns and outs of it so the pace of the story might be a little out there. Paneling is a pain, I'll tell you that.

ItF_1.jpg

Edited by Orthodoxia, 02 November 2008 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image