Photo

World map far too large

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:43 AM

Speaking only for myself i find the world map far too large for my actual resolution setting. I use 800x600 and every time i switch to world map view to find a new area i have to scroll around like hell.

I love the new world map, so don't get me wrong, but i think a smaller one would be much more handy.

So why does it have to be so large? I guess to make it compatible with all those mods around but couldn't do a smaller one also do the trick?

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:40 AM

I was thinking the same thing. On one hand, the standard BGT-WeiDU Worldmap is too compressed (some labels are written over other), and on the other hand, the Worldmap mod is too wide. :unsure: But I still like it.

Edited by Anomaly, 21 April 2007 - 02:59 AM.

French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:55 AM

Maybe they can shrink it for some future release. V6.6? :whistling:

#4 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

Maybe if it were possible to have the worldmap divided into regions to ease scrolling a little. I had a little trouble finding even Windspear hills-and I knew where approximately to look :ph34r: It might be impossible, but me and my 800*600 also love to dream :rolleyes: Yet on a sidenote, I REALLY LIKE THE LOOK of the new map, it just makes it a bit harder for me to play :unsure:
EDIT:eliminated two extra smileys for the sake of self-respect

Edited by Tassadar88, 21 April 2007 - 08:17 AM.

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost