• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#21 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

And then theres non BG too...
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#22 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

And then theres non BG too...

Ah, yeah, I was going to say that too, but... forgot. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#23 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

I'd love to see some 'scenes' - and some landscape art, too... :) I think we should try to explore *all* avenues, and as many different subjects as we can! :D

#24 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

I'd love to see some 'scenes' - and some landscape art, too... :) I think we should try to explore *all* avenues, and as many different subjects as we can! :D

Absolutely, I fully agree! :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#25 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:37 AM

Inspired by Wee.

Class pictures. Whether post all your warriors(Fighters, Rangers, Paladins, Monks?) or post a Bard this week, a Paladin in the next challenge, or some other way you can think of.

EDIT: I suppose you could do Candlekeep Class of '68, but it would likely be rather small.

Edited by Kellen, 21 April 2007 - 05:43 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#26 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:59 AM

Personally, I'd like to see a 'What came after?' challenge...that would show what happened to PC when he chose to ascend as Evil,Good or Remain mortal. Mortal ascending to Godhood are known to change appearance in Faerūn so why wouldn't PC also change?

You could even draw your female PC with Cyric in a hot tub :devil:
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#27 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:24 AM

As I can't even draw a proper stick figure, I like to see good artists sending their works to such forum, and so I would like to suggest: Volo, or the few scenes that are played between him and Elmister, in the Baldur's Gate Manuals.(a visual representation of Volo and Elmister teaching the main char as a young child...)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#28 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

I actually woke up this morning with an idea in my head - why not make one or two challenges about SHS? Maybe let contributors submit alternative logos (which actually would give us people who can do photoshop but not draw a chance), draw the Asylum or in any other way an aspect of or even portray how they view SHS.

Did that make any sense? :huh:

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#29 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

I actually woke up this morning with an idea in my head - why not make one or two challenges about SHS? Maybe let contributors submit alternative logos (which actually would give us people who can do photoshop but not draw a chance), draw the Asylum or in any other way an aspect of or even portray how they view SHS.

Did that make any sense? :huh:

That made a lot of sense, and it's a fantastic idea! I will remember this one. Thanks!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#30 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

I'd like to see an Imoen challenge.

#31 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

How about a Minsc challenge?
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#32 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

I'm sure we will deal with all of the joinable NPC's eventually - and they have all been suggested already!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#33 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

The new oblivion folks inspired me, so :Bow:

How about Challenges that deal with non-BG themes. Afterall we have sections for NWN(1&2), IWD(1&2), TES(all), BG(1&2), KotOR(1&2), and PS:T. What about fanart for those games?

Favorite enemies could be an interesting and varied topic. Favorite NPC could give both some fanart making, and let us know who's liked the most. Draw a [Insert (Pr)class or race here].

#34 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

My ideas?

Bhaal in his glory

Immy!

Boo (maybe he IS really a giant space hampster)?

The Janson family during a night out in Athkatla

Some Modded NPC's given equal time as the Bioware folk (or is that a copyright violation?)

The party as kids/old folks

<CHARNAME> and Co sitting down at the D&D answer to videogames and creating characters to play named Shed and SConrad (Eep, I am going to go STRAIGHT to New Jersey for that one, I'm sure)

Demigorgan - 'Nuff said

AERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Couples
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#35 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

Some Modded NPC's given equal time as the Bioware folk (or is that a copyright violation?)

Nah, as long as it is free. :) See Bad Kelsey challenge.

Also, I think all the aforementioned ideas have been used in Attic quizzes, so, if you are a reader, I'd really recommend you to browse these. There are on-topic and off-topic stories in every quiz - hard to tell which are better.

#36 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

Inspired by my latest post in Xan challenge topic, something I don't think has been mentioned yet:

The almighty GIRDLE OF GENDER-BENDING! :naughty: :twisted:

(The effects of which need not be limited to Edwin alone, kplzthx.)

#37 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:34 AM

that would be fun! Lets put it on Anomen!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#38 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

:lol:
You're pure evil, vilkacis :)
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#39 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

that would be fun! Lets put it on Anomen!

Oo, I like that! Problem is, what do we call him? "Lady Anomen" just doesn't work for me. Anomina? Annamon?

...Imoen? :blink:

Goddammit, I have a headache now. :wacko:

:lol:
You're pure evil, vilkacis :)

Nope, just Chaotic. :whistling:

Or perhaps I should say, "I'm not a Tanar'ri... I just play one on the internets." :devil:

#40 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

Or to Minsc, to be Minsca.
"Eack, who would live with a rat like that. Stop following me." "The world really need a warrior that's intelligent and strong, and doesn't live in these rags."

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.