• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:32 AM

The Fanfiction Challenge is a monthly challenge we?ll be hosting here on SHS. Each month a topic will be provided and writers are challenged to come up with a story or stories that fit the topic. Story length or quantity is not limited by an ?at least?, or ?no more than? so whether it?s 10 words or 10,000 (kudos) it will be accepted.

Topics can be suggested, but it?s likely to be on a first come, first used.

We're holding the fanfiction challenges because there are so many writers here on SHS complaining about how they lack inspiration, critiques or comments (okay maybe they aren't all complaining, but they're hoping for it!); here you get them all.

Plus we have to counter that Fanart Challenge somehow?

While the people who participate in the challenges won't get 'awards' per se, you can have cookies. Okay, maybe no cookies, but those who submit On Topic stories will be sure to get comments by other writers and authors- and if you see a story which you think deserves a comment, do so! It's inestimably helpful to receive comments on stories, so if you have a moment, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Critique can be asked for, and if you ask, we'll definitely make an effort to do so. And please, please, please do not ask for critique unless you want it and can take it well. We don?t want to hurt feelings, but critiques can appear to be nothing so much as tearing your work in two. If you see a story which has a 'critique pls', do be somewhat gentle unless, of course, the author has asked for brutality!

Of course, if you see a story which you'd like to critique and it has been asked for, we fully encourage you to do so - the more critiques received, the better!

Primarily, we hope you have fun writing, and working with themes you might never have otherwise. The fanfiction challenge is as hard or as easy as you want it to be - but keep in mind that the more you put in, the more you get out, so if you have some extra moments to go over what you've written or write something extra, I would fully suggest that you do it, if only for your own satisfaction of a job well done.

And if you don?t submit something we will track you down. Yes, you! The one reading this right now. I will track you down. Mwahahahahaha! :devil:

#2 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:49 AM

I'd like to suggest a topic for next month's challenge: the fall of Irenicus and Bodhi. We all know they once attempted to drain the Tree of Life before, and were exiled from Suldanessellar for it. But what exactly happened? What did Irenicus actually do, and what was the actual response from Ellesime and the rest of the elves?
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#3 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

Sounds like an interesting topic. We'll definitely have that one coming around some time :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#4 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder