• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

Okay at IESDP it said this command destroys the creature for the rest of the game. How literal is this. What I want to do is to let some look as if he Dimension door's out of there. So I use the visual effect and DestroySelf, but can I call up on him to appear again later in the game via scripts, and if so did he loose his info about how many times he talked with the PC.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:46 AM

You could deactivate him instead, if you want him to show up later.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

What I want to do is to let some look as if he Dimension door's out of there.

ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)

Retired from modding.

#4 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

What I want to do is to let some look as if he Dimension door's out of there.

ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)

Ah, so that is the difference between the two. Thanks

P.s. New Question 1 (still loath to start new topics for this): Now that I am add it where can I find the contents of seq.ids. A bugtester suggested this as part of a cutscene

DisplayStringWait(Myself,~NO! Hahaha!~)
MoveToObject("girl02")
SwingOnce()
DisplayStringWait(Myself,~On the altar with you...~)
ActionOverrride("girl02",SetSequence(SEQ_SLEEP))
Wait(2)
DisplayStringWait(Myself,~Oh, Great Cyric, Highest of High, Black Sun, Prince of Lies I hereby sacrifice this girl, so that you may claim this place of worship in your name!~)
PlaySound("CAS_P07")
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPWIRHL","girl02")

However, according to the installer it gets stuck on the SEQ_SLEEP line or in the neighbourhood, but the rest looks fine so I wonder if this works...

edit - Just found it via NearInfinity that indeed SEQ_SLEEP is correct so what is wrong with these lines why the sequence won't parse?

P.p.s. New Question 2, how do I get coordinates of the map back with IE or NI, I think I succeeded at this once, but can't reproduce it. I don't just want to play the game to get my X and Y coordinate...

Edited by Deathsangel, 03 May 2007 - 11:58 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#5 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

ActionOverride is mispelled.

#6 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

ActionOverride is mispelled.

:doh: What you mean dyslectic... thanks :hug:

#7 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

P.p.s. New Question 2, how do I get coordinates of the map back with IE or NI, I think I succeeded at this once, but can't reproduce it. I don't just want to play the game to get my X and Y coordinate...

If you can get IETME... just use it to open the area (either from override or Open Original Area from Game). Then move your cursor around and at the top it will show you the X,Y coordinates of your cursor ;)

I bet DLTCP can do it too... but I don't use it.

Cuv

#8 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

If you can get IETME... just use it to open the area (either from override or Open Original Area from Game). Then move your cursor around and at the top it will show you the X,Y coordinates of your cursor ;)

I bet DLTCP can do it too... but I don't use it.

Cuv

Tilemap Editor, okay thanks I haven't used that one before ;)

And as I am usuall to do

*a new question:

Momentarily I use this for a certain script:
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)

However, I want to make it more dynamic, by setting it for 30 days in game. So... euh... how do I do that. I know the token of GAMEDAYS so the game apparently tracks for it and I need not make a timer, but how do I summon this info and use in this script.

* And another question:
If certain conditions are met this person should appear in front of charname. Now, as I assume, I must append this part of script to the one of Player1 or else it wouldn't happen... right?

Thanks once again,
The Deathsangel

#9 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

However, I want to make it more dynamic, by setting it for 30 days in game. So... euh... how do I do that. I know the token of GAMEDAYS so the game apparently tracks for it and I need not make a timer, but how do I summon this info and use in this script.

CalanderDay(xxx)?

Edited by GeN1e, 07 May 2007 - 01:25 PM.

Retired from modding.

#10 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

If it is in your GTIMES.IDS, you can use it... a number of mods have this kind of code:

SetGlobalTimer("MyTimerName","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)
(game time)
or
RealSetGlobalTimer("MyTimerName","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)
(real time - wouldn't suggest using this one :) )

Take a look at GTIMES.IDS in NI, DLTCEP, or on the IESDP.

#11 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:26 AM

CalanderDay(xxx)?

Can this be used as CalanderDayGT(xxx) (can't seem to find it in IESDP as either identifier or action)? If not it won't work well if you are by accident in a dungeon (for reasons not needed to know now, he won't show up in one), for then script fails on the next day for it doesn't meet the requirements.

If it is in your GTIMES.IDS, you can use it... a number of mods have this kind of code:

SetGlobalTimer("MyTimerName","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)
(game time)
or
RealSetGlobalTimer("MyTimerName","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)
(real time - wouldn't suggest using this one :) )

Take a look at GTIMES.IDS in NI, DLTCEP, or on the IESDP.

In GTIMES.IDS are only a number of days recognized, which you can use like ONE_DAY, TWO_DAYS ... FIFTY_DAYS, that doesn't say if CalanderDay works...

Yes, I know of the setting global timers. I use them aswell, however, in this case that isn't handy. The guy's script ain't just going to be called upon as it isn't linked to an area, thus I can't let it be set, unless I do so somewhere else. The question is what would be the best place... An idea is the Player1 script, but I don't know if that will work properly... or if that is done so to say.

Edited by Deathsangel, 08 May 2007 - 03:28 AM.

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:41 AM

I used ActionOverride("O#Xan",DestroySelf()), then (later, or at once, depending on how you want it handled)

SetGlobalTimer("O#XanexchangedEscapedTimer","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY)

and then I add a script to the area where he reappears (AR5500, in this case):

IF
GlobalTimerExpired("O#XanexchangedEscapedTimer","GLOBAL")
Global("O#XanexchangedEscaped","GLOBAL",1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("O#XanexchangedEscaped","GLOBAL",2)
MoveGlobalObjectOffScreen("O#Xan",Player1)
ActionOverride("O#Xan",Dialogue(Player1))
END

#13 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

Can this be used as CalanderDayGT(xxx) (can't seem to find it in IESDP as either identifier or action)?

All three variations are present (is, LT, GT). You should look in 'Triggers' section, not in 'Identifiers' one.

Retired from modding.

#14 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

Can this be used as CalanderDayGT(xxx) (can't seem to find it in IESDP as either identifier or action)?

All three variations are present (is, LT, GT). You should look in 'Triggers' section, not in 'Identifiers' one.

Ah, that is the mistake, thanks than I will use this one

@Kulyok: I don't have a specific area I want the create to appear, that is why I have the problem. I would like to be able to bypass that little thing to create a bit more randomeness. Annoying thing is quest isn't related to a NPC, so I can't call upon a script to check it with set global timers... thus I need a code that turlly checks on the time not a timer, for I can't really set it anywhere... unless I can do it within the Player1 one (as asked) for that is always called up in the game... I just hope with a simple CalanderDay the game will check this script even if none of the running (because you are in an area or appointed to player/NPC) ask for the script to be checked. Guess I need a really WeiDuNinja to answer it... or my english needs to improve, for I had two people suggesting timers, but I tried to explain I can't use them. Not because I can't code them... Kido uses them aswell, but because you need to be set somewhere. In your example Xan is in the party and thus his scripts are already running and within his script you can set the Timer and can be called by any other script to be checked. Now I need it on the fly so to say.

#15 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

In your example Xan is in the party and thus his scripts are already running and within his script you can set the Timer and can be called by any other script to be checked. Now I need it on the fly so to say.

If you can't guarentee it will be in a specific area, you'll have to use baldur.bcs.

Visit the IESDP