Pictures of Oblivion Characters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
202 replies to this topic

#1 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Some Specific Posting Guidelines (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)
Welcome! This thread encourages people's feedback about whatever is posted here. However, any criticism of presented screenies, character ideas, stories, etc., should be very specific and constructive. This kind of criticism is a great way for us to learn and improve our skills.

However, due to some extreme and abusive criticism around the time of our 50th (original) thread (which was thankfully cleared out by a moderator), it became necessary to post the following:

NO criticism should be directed at the PERSON - only at his or her WORK.

Also, whatever criticism is presented, it should NOT be negative in general terms - such as, "That screenie is really lame." This type of non-specific criticism only insults and does not provide any help whatsoever. Or even worse, this kind of criticism: "You are a silly man with a silly idea." If you really must say something negative to someone outside of this simple "code", keep it off this thread!

Another bottom line rule on this thread we have learned over time: If you find a post really offensive, REPORT IT AND IGNORE IT! The moderators know how to quickly deal with any such situation, and will remove any offensive posts, if they are actually offensive. Arguing or making demands regarding the post, invariably ends up worsening the situation, and can even result in all involved parties getting a warning.

Also, some posts can be too vague and subject to interpretation - so please word your posts very clearly to avoid any misunderstandings, especially if they are critical in nature.

Regarding receiving comments or not receiving comments to your post:
Comments are hit or miss on this very fast moving thread. This thread moves so FAST that it is hard for lots of us to comment on peeps' screenies. So many, if not most screenies may appear to go unnoticed, because no comments occur. I am sure many of us have worked hard on something, and it appears to just fly by the pages, because of this very popular thread. Many of us try to take time to comment because it is fun to give others feedback and generally seems appreciated. But often no one does. If you really feel like it always happens that your post is ignored, ask a question about it. Whenever you directly ask about something, it is almost always answered by someone. Or even repost it - and point something out about it that you like or want feedback on.

And the best way to get comments? Positively, constructively/specifically comment on others work too!

Alright! Glad that is out of the way. Have fun and thanks for your contribution to this thread!

(Written by greatfool1 with direction from other contributors to this thread. Please PM greatfool1 if you do not agree with any part(s) of this.)

P.S. Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)
-----

Welcome, one and all, to a new beginning for the picture thread, welcome, and may you enjoy your stay!

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 05 May 2007 - 06:20 AM.

#2 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:03 AM

Bwahah Knux! You copied the same dman thing! :cheers:

Welcome to the first new thread!

#3 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:12 AM

I am present. Thanks to Hector for sending me a message :coolthumb: Everyone else must be lurking.
I only have reposts from the other place as I haven't played at all today.

I will begin with my main character, Krystal:
Posted Image

Which reminds me, I need an avatar.

Who's next? :D

B)

Edited by MystykStar, 05 May 2007 - 06:14 AM.

#4 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

Well, to start the ball rolling...

Some older shots of mine, still having PC troubles, so, not as yet been able to take shots of the lovely Avalon.

Posted Image
Uraea Rendarin, my chimer character =)

Posted Image
Tenaki Rendarin, her skin textures served as a base for Avalon's own.

And, I'd like to note (and will put this in the OP, of course) That, you do not need to use imageshack, etc, anymore, you can use the attachment function with your posts, enjoy!

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 05 May 2007 - 06:24 AM.

#5 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#6 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

I'd rather not Knux, those attachments take up a lot of space! And man, Sai sure looks good! I could just eat her up.

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 05 May 2007 - 06:21 AM.

#7 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hey, we can link images here? Please let us know if we should post linkies instead -- wanna get along well in our new home! :wub: (Heeeey - what a cute wub emoticon! Uh-oh, new emoticons for me . . . this is *not* helpful for my addiction!)

MystykStar - :hug: (OH! They're all so CUTE!) SOOO happy to see you & Krystal here! LOVE the armor she has in that shot!

Well, I'll linky. Just cause I'm used to it. Wait -- attachments??

Repost - but now this piccie's more appropriate . . . .
000PipHappyCheera.jpg

Thank you so so so much to everyone on this board for welcoming us here, esp those who set this thread up. :cheers:

Well, I'll attach for now & link later . . . I like my well-organized photobucket acct. But heeey - I can probably see attachments at work! (Uh, not that I would spend my whole day looking at piccies. :whistling: )

Floydian1! Yahooey!

#8 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

Oh, Hi all. :rolleyes:

So, this is our new PoOC Forum.

I uploaded 14 very new, very latest screenshots of mine:

Introducion Pic:
Natalie, A Bard, A Thief, A Noble..
Posted Image

In The Dark Forest

..Found Something..

Natalie B&W

A Small Story (Not very good at story-screenshotting, But I give it a try)

"Natalie Decided to rob Countess of Chorrol. So She came up with an idea.
She heard rumors about Countess beeing upset for some reasons latelly, so Nat decided to cheer her up a little.
She performed dance to the Countess
While Countess (And especially her bodyguard) liked Nat's dancing, she still remained sad.
The precious painting of Countess' deceased husband was stolen!
Natalie agreed to help.
After finding The Painting, at night, Natalie sneaked into the County Hall and moved toward display case with a large Varla Stone in it... (Yeah, Im very bad comic maker <_< I know.)

Some Random Shots:
The Third One is Needless One

The View Inspired Natalie to write a poem
..Two poems actually

Oh! How Cute! A Swimming puppy!

The Fire Caverns (Something about this pic remind me of NWN2..)
Fire Caverns 2

EDIT: Thx to Hector to guide me here :)
EDIT2: ..Gotta remind myself to always shut down FlashGet before playing..sorry about these squares in the right upper corner..its a FlashGet.

Edited by DS Divine, 05 May 2007 - 09:58 AM.

#9 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

Can I make a request? Please try and do links, sometimes iamge don't like to load, and links do help reduce clutter! But thats only my opinion!

#10 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

I'd rather not Knux, those attachments take up a lot of space!

Don't worry about space (if it's server space you're talking about) - please, feel free to use attachments at will. It'll be faster to load the page for visitors that way, too.

Anyway, welcome, everyone! Glad to see you here! :D

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#11 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

I guess I will just repost this for now. i havent really made anything new yet after all that stuff started.

"My master wants to know your progress on the hunt."
Posted Image

"So she sends her little pet. To important to come in person? Maybe I should send you back to her in pieces."
Posted Image

"Are you challenging me? Fine I shall stand here with my eyes closed. Strike me down if you think you can."
Posted Image

"Gladly"
Posted Image
two
Posted Image
three
Posted Image

"Did that really just happen? That was way to easy. Wait, what is happening to her body?"
Posted Image

"That was a very nice try but now it is my turn."
Posted Image

"My master said not to kill you but she never said I couldnt hurt you."
Posted Image

I found the option for thumbnails on Photobucket it was hidden away.:D
This thread will tell you how to do it for those that want to know :)

Edited by Spike4072, 05 May 2007 - 06:28 AM.

#12 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:27 AM

Sweet Spike is here! Welcome Spike!

#13 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

thanks, Seb, mate! I'd like to take this opportunity to be (slightly) off topic, the SHS (New) Download Centre, is open for anyone to post their mods on, should they wish =)

Glad to see this moving again =D

Nice to see you here, Spike ^__^

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 05 May 2007 - 06:34 AM.

#14 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

How dare you say something offtopic Knux?!?! I'll tell the mods over at Bethsoft and they'll come over here and spam you! How would you like that, they will be making even more pointless threats! :lol:

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 05 May 2007 - 06:36 AM.

#15 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:38 AM

*snip*
Tenaki Rendarin, her skin textures served as a base for Avalon's own.

I always feel like I'm spamming when I quote pictures :)
I like her dress. I was looking for one sort of like that for a character I made, from a PSX game I have. Not sure what yours is, but I was hoping someone out there had made something from around the 19th century.

Hey, everyone's moving in, great ;)

#16 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:39 AM

MystykStar - That dress is from Shivering Isles.

#17 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:44 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#18 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:44 AM

MystykStar: Mine is from SI, the "Black Finery". I personally love it, but, I'd like to see some other mods that might have something similar, too =)

#19 MorrowindFan

MorrowindFan
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:45 AM

hello guys, thought i'd drop by. i'll go in-game here in a few to get some new screens. :whistling:

nice site btw. :clap:
It was the mightiest of mighty weapons in Morrowind, it was great and silver, a killer of large beasts, with three blades and a handle.

It was godly

It was a fork.

#20 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

Had to make my way over here after the barrage of PM's I received at the other place... :P

So as not to have wasted my last post there, here's a repost:

Qeesha, a redguard using my "better redguards" mod and equipped in some of my favorite BAB gear:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh.. and hi and stuff! :D