Photo

How to make a "Beautiful Character"

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Amox

Amox
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

Hello fellow modders. I've been trying to make a face using the Construction Set Facegen, but there's an issue I can't deal with. I can't modify the NPC's face because the preview screen seems to be jammed. By that I mean I'm unable to see the changes unless I reopen the NPC editing window. I've been trying to check the preview box under the screen before the head box, but it doesn't do a difference. I just see the whole character but I can't move the camera nor see the changes which are the result of messing with the sliders. Also it happens whether I try modifying a face on vanila Oblivion or with mods. I've used the CS facegen in the past and everything was working fine.

#22 -Your Name-

-Your Name-

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

Posted Image

#23 -Your Name-

-Your Name-

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image

How do I edit my posts here? I meant to post a different image of a characted I made, but I poste dthe wrong image. Sorry!

#24 -Doug-

-Doug-

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

Did any of you here see a 5 headed monster in oblivion?
well i saw, and it was my main character, how i did that? i finished writing and compiling a program about one week ago, it's a real good... uhhh...
let's call it a multi head adder auxiliary, since it works like this: adds many(5)modified heads at one body, making the face look godly even if you make a bunch of weird faces(actually, if you do 5 beautiful faces everything will be ruined...)
so, you are asking yourself now, well, i tried to fight myself in the game,USING DEADLY REFLEX...
results:i won, with a decapitation as bonus, the program i made couldn't hold the 5 heads together as he should, and they splitted and started bouncing around, while attached to a invisible neck(WTF?)
so you could eventually see one head being splitted in 3, 5, 2, 4 every time it bounced in the floor :blink:
and so, as a even worse side effect, i could see the rather square looking faces splitting out, which were way uglier than any normal face in oblivion :doh:

PS:the program i made has no name nor version, but doesn't have any bugz except the one above :rolleyes:
for the curious:it's something like a hook, just like Oblivion Script Extender, one of the best things ever made for oblivion!

still it was a great program, can make faces much more realistic in oblivion except when some shadows get in the way, making black dots appear on your face but that was just a minor problem that i took out with about 3 clicks starting in the main menu :D

i would try it on fallout, but...

OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE???

i don't want that experience again

#25 -Billy Whiteside-

-Billy Whiteside-

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Could someone please make a Sephiroth character? I have this game for the PS3 and I don't really have the time to make him myself... Please? :)

#26 -Nitweed-

-Nitweed-

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

This is very helpful, but you do seem to be underestimating the effect the nose can have on the profile of the person.

#27 -Tyler D-

-Tyler D-

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

hey i downloaded a female head nif file can i use that to overwrite my normal female head

#28 -Tyler D-

-Tyler D-

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

hey i downloaded a female head nif file can i use that to overwrite my normal female head

you can see the head here I want a head like that

http://rembrandt2.exblog.jp/17834931

#29 -heaven-

-heaven-

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

Thank you for the tutorial! However, I've run into a weird...glitch? Known bug? Just an oddity? I have no idea. I know this thread is near a decade old now so I'm not sure if anyone is around that would even be able to help, but I'll give it a shot.

I get my Bosmer looking like I want her to look, save. 

31050614896_dd999eab40_h.jpg

I quit for the night and reloaded the save in the morning and --- WTF?

30943967272_25329f3100_h.jpg

It's a nearly identical sculpt, except the age has been reverted back to -1000. When I adjust the age back to where I want it, it messes with the sculpt. So, like any perfectionist, I took screenshots of all the slider numerical values before I adjusted the age and then attempted to get them back. Okay...did pretty good. Not 100% but close enough to make me happy. Name my character, am ready to set off on my merry way. BAM!

Look at her again, and what do you know, her age has been reset AGAIN. So, despite being able to sculpt her how I would like with the age I like, it's apparently not actually possible to play her that way because something is resetting it. Is there a way to get around this?