27 replies to this topic

#1 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

-

HOW TO TRANSFER A FACE FROM ONE SAVEGAME TO ANOTHER SAVEGAME USING WRYE BASH:

The following information might or might not be useful: A lot of it is stuff that can be found in the Wrye Bash readme, but I figured it is better to condense it here. Expect instructions on how to merge mods and how to ween your savegames out of generic races.esp soon :)

If you just want to transfer over a face from a save game to another save game and BOTH SAVE GAMES ARE USING THE SAME BEAUTY MODS then:

1. Download Wrye Bash here

2. Make sure you read the readme, I believe you need to download Python software, I'd link it but I'm trying to encourage people to RTFRM first and THEN ask questions ;)

3. Open it up, click on the SAVES tab at the top of the screen

4. Click on the the GAME YOU WANT TO TRANSFER THE FACE TO (not the other way around), right-click, select IMPORT, FACE then choosse the savegame you want to import FROM.

5. Hit OK and you're done.

SITUATION #1: REPLACING MOD DEPENDENCY ON YOUR SAVES

Now recently I wanted to merge the Tabaxi_BAB.esp file that came with the Tabaxi race into Beautiful People.esp, but I wanted to still play my savegames. If I disable the file I was using, Tabaxi_BAB.esp, and then enable Beautiful People.esp, the game is going to crash, simply because the savegame is still looking for Tabaxi_BAB.esp, but it can't find it. So what I did was I took the .esp file that I merged with TES 4 Plugin utility (if anybody wants a step-by-step on how to merge beauty mods so you can use Soya's Hair on Tabaxis for example, I'll post that too) and did the following:

1. Place the .esp you want the game to start using in the /data folder (in my case, it was my merged beautiful people.esp with merged tabaxi_bab.esp)

2. Open up Wrye Bash

3. Click on the Saves tab again

4. On the right-hand side, you'll see a box that "file". It should list the mods that the savegame that you selected depends on.

5. Scroll down in that box until you find the mod that you want to replace. In my case, I was replacing Tabaxi_bab.esp with Beautiful People.esp.

6. Right-click on the .esp in the box, and then click on "change to"

7. Find the .esp that you want to change to (in my case it was beautiful people.esp)

8. Click OK, then click SAVE on the bottom.

9. Close out Wrye and you're done.

Now you should take note, this ONLY WORKED because I merged Tabaxi_bab.esp into Beautiful People.esp. If for example, I decided I didn't want Tabaxi_bab.esp and I wanted to use regular beautiful people.esp, I wouldn't be able to do it that way. My game would CTD as soon as it loaded.

SITUATION #2: SAVEGAMES WITH ATTACHED MODS

Now I had a case recently where someone was kind enough to send me a save of her favorite character, but there were a ton of mods attached to it. If we both use the same beauty mods, it wouldn't be a problem, you could just use the first method that I described and that would be that. But if you're in a situation where say, a save game uses Beautiful People and you use Cosmetic Compilations, then you can't copy over the face without going through some steps first. I should mention that there MIGHT be an easier way of doing this, if someone knows I'd be happy to hear it, but unfortunately it's not like a companion mod where you can just change the beauty .esp to a .esm and then change the dependency in Wrye like in what I just talked about. Soooooo.... what do we do?

1. Go to your Mopy/Extras directory

2. Find the file called blank.esp

3. Right-Click, select copy

4. In the copy file you just made, name it something you can remember, like face library.esp

5. Stick face library.esp into your /DATA folder

6. Open up Wrye, find face library.esp

7. Right-click on face library.esp, scroll down to "import" then select "face"

8. Find the Save game you want to IMPORT YOUR FACE FROM and click ok

9. Open up the TESCS (construction set)

10. Click on the little yellow folder on the top left hand menu

11. Put an X next to Oblivion.esm, face library.esp, and THE COSMETIC MOD YOU WANT TO USE (for example, beautiful people would be beautiful people.esp, etc etc etc)

12. highlight face library.esp, and click on "Set as active file"

13. Click "OK". There might be some messages saying "sg(NAME) cannot find hair or something similar, and then it asks "continue load?" Click on yes to all. Don't freak out when everything loads, I know it looks scary but it really isn't. Get up, walk around, watch some tv if you're that nervous :)

14. In the window that says "object window", you will see on the branch it says "Actors" then "NPC". Click on NPC.

15. On the right-hand side, you'll see a column that says "EDITOR ID". Click on it to sort the column by alphabetical order.

16. You're going to look for an EDITOR ID called sg (in lower case) (something, usually UNKA, BOKA ETC) (character name) PC. So for example, Jade is sgUNKAJADEPC. Double-click on it.

17. If a window comes up, you've just delete your entire hard-drive. Just kidding. You'll see a window that says NPC. First look to make sure that the RACE is correct under the RACE menu, on the left side of the NPC menu. Click on the FACE tab on the top right.

18. In the FACE tab, you'll see two menus under that tiny little face preview window. One says HAIR and the other says EYES

19. Choose a VANILLA HAIR style. Any of them will do. Do the same for EYES (usually says default, depending on your race).

20. Click OK, then click the little button on the top of the TESCS that looks like a little floppy disk to save.

21. Close the TESCS and open up Wrye Bash again.

22. Fine the SAVE tab. Click on it.

23. Fine the SAVEGAME YOU WANT TO IMPORT YOUR FACE INTO. Right-click, find "IMPORT", then "FACE"

24. Now instead of looking for a SAVEGAME< you're going to point it to the face library.esp, located in your /data folder. Hit ok.

25. A window will come up. On the left-hand side, you will see your character's ID that you saw in the TESCS (sgUNKAsomethingsomethingPC). Click on that, then click OK.

26. Start Oblivion and load the savegame. Now your character will have whatever vanilla hair and eyes you chose for them in the TESCS. However, now you can access the CHANGERACEMENU without it crashing on you :)

SITUATION #3: IMPORTING FACES FROM SAVEGAMES TO COMPANIONS

This one has been asked a lot recently, and with the release of Jade I'm sure people that have downloaded the mod are eager to use her as a companion. So here we go:

1. Go to your Wrye Bash directory. You should see a folder called EXTRAS. Inside, there should be two files: one is a bashed list 0.esp (might not be there if you're using an older version of Wrye Bash) and 2. a file called blank.esp

2. Copy blank.esp and paste it into your Oblivion/data directory. Rename the .esp file to something you'll remember, like face library.esp. This file is going to keep all of the faces that you import into it. So techincally, you could import hundreds of faces into this file for safe-keeping if you wanted to.

3. Open up Wrye Bash

4. Click on the tab that says "mods".

5. Locate the file that you just named (face library.esp or whatever it was), right-click on it and choose Import -> Face

6. Locate the savegame that you want to import the face FROM. (in this case it would be the Jade the Tabaxi.ess savegame) then hit OK. You will get a message that says "Imported SG -something-something-name of character-PC.

NOTE: If the character that you want to use uses a cosmetic mod like beautiful people, you need to follow these extra steps:

a) Find the name of the cosmetic esp (ie beautiful people.esp) in the Wrye Bash "Mods" tab
B) Right-click, and then click on "Copy to .Esm". What this is going to do, is it's going to allow your companion mod to use the .esm instead of .esp file to look for hair/eyes/etc

7. Open up the TESCS (construction set)

8. Click on the little folder icon to load the .esp's you're going to be with. Put an X next to Face Library.esp, the name of the companion mod's .esp you're using (the popular choice would be Companion Neeshka, so put an X next to companion Neeshka.esp, or whatever mod you're using), and the name of the cosmetic .ESM you made if it applies (NOT the .esp. So for beautiful people, you would use beautiful people.esm, not .esp. Very important!) We'll also need to load the Tabaxi_whateverbody.esp you're using.

9. Set your companion mod's .esp as the Active file and click "OK"

10. After everything loads, look in the Object Window. Click once under the column "Name" to sort the list alphabetically by name so we can find what we're looking for faster.

11. Locate Jade under the name tab and double-click on her row to bring up her info

12. Locate your companion's name (in this case, Neeshka) under the name tab and double-click on it to bring up your companion's info

13. We're going to be transfering information FROM Jade and INTO Neeshka. So first thing we'll do is change Neeshka's name to Jade. NOTE: DO NOT CHANGE THE ID COLUMN (where it says 1ncmNeeshka) change ONLY the name (Neeshka) column.

14. Now lets change Neeshka's race from Dark Elf to Tabaxi.

15. Now click on the Face Advanced tab (it's the furthest right, you might have to click on the little arrows on the top left of the render window to get to it). Do this for both the Neeshka window and the Jade window.

16. Go to the Jade NPC window and click "COPY". Now go to the Neeshka NPC window and click "PASTE". You have just copied and pasted the slider settings from Neeshka to Jade.

17. Almost done. Now underneath the NPC box for Neeshka, you'll see options for "Hair" and "Eyes". Set the hair to "soyahair03" and the eyes to "tabaxi18".

18. Click OK on both NPC menus to close them.

19. Click on the little floppy drive icon on the top left of the TESCS menu to save your changes.

20. Open up the OBMM and activate everything like you normaly would, but DON'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE YOUR COSMETIC MOD'S .ESM. Even if you, lets say use Beautiful People for your companion and your main character, your character uses BP.esp, your companion uses BP.esm. Anytime you load your companion, you need to load your .esm as well! Otherwize she will end up bald in-game!

Now, lemme stretch my hands before I get carpal tunnel syndrome....

Edited by SeV, 06 May 2007 - 02:39 PM.

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#2 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

I should also note that this alse mildly applies to companion faces, I can write a separate thing on that if anybody really wants to know. Just chip in for some arthritis cream and I'm good to go...-

I would really like to have that info if you don't mind typing it up. :cheers:

Here you go

Posted Image

#3 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the cream! Updated with instructions on how to put faces onto companions :)

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#4 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

Its good and all. But I have read the ReadMe and I have realised I have to download two extra things. I have except for the second one. It comes up with a page that says What is wxPython? And it have no download links on it at all.

Also, When I downloaded Wrye Bash, I had two folders, Data and Mopy, which I had extracted to the Oblivion/Data folder. But how do I open it..? I have manage to find two things that I can open in Mopy > Extras, they are Bashed Patch, 0.esp and Blank.esp. When I try to open them, it comes up in CS and a few error messages...

I dont know what to do now... =\

Nevermind, I sorted it out.

Edited by PoPc0rN, 06 May 2007 - 03:28 PM.

▐▐ 'Over A Year Without A Signature' - PoPc0rN 2006/2007▐▐

Posted Image

#5 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for adding in the companion transfer SeV. :cheers:

Unfortunately though, I keep running into problems trying to make it work.

At first I was trying to use Jada's face, but everytime I tried to enter the Bloated Float, the game would CTD. I also noticed that in the CS, when I was trying to set her up, in the race menu, there was an option for Tabaxi, and an option for TabaxiDUPLICATE0000, the duplicate one being the one that contained the Human/Tabaxi settings.

When I tried to use Jade as a regular Tabaxi, the end of her tail seemed to be attached to something in deep space or some shit like that, and was stretched out in a thin line from her to wherever.

Any insights?

EDIT: Just tried again, now when I enter the BF, the whole screen goes black aside from the HUD, but I can still move around, and hear the people talking.

Edited by Soul_Slayer, 06 May 2007 - 11:46 PM.

#6 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:19 AM

@ Soul_Slayer - The Tail issue is because you are using a human skeleton with a beast race, the two don't get along! That is probably the cause of the CTCD as well.

#7 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

@ Soul_Slayer - The Tail issue is because you are using a human skeleton with a beast race, the two don't get along! That is probably the cause of the CTCD as well.

But, Jada has a tail with a human body, and there's no problem with her tail, and the stretched tail happened when I tried to use Jade for the companion.

I'm so confused.

#8 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:24 AM

yes, but, so do argonians/khajiit, you'd need to change the skeleton for the npc, to the beast one =)

#9 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:52 AM

Thanks Hector and Kaelis, it's working now. :cheers:

#10 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

np, mate! glad you got it working =D

#11 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

Thank you ! Sev Very useful ! :cheers:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 07 May 2007 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

#12 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hey, how can I simply change my companion's hair in CS?

I mean how to PROPERLY change hair.
:wacko:

I loaded Rhianna and Ren's hairpack in CS.
Found Rhianna and changed her yellow chicken hair.

Then saved.
Now, loading new changed plugin, cause Oblivion to freez while loading. :angry:

Anyway, someone help a CS noob.
Whatever Im doing wrong.

#13 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hey, how can I simply change my companion's hair in CS?

I mean how to PROPERLY change hair.
:wacko:

I loaded Rhianna and Ren's hairpack in CS.
Found Rhianna and changed her yellow chicken hair.

Then saved.
Now, loading new changed plugin, cause Oblivion to freez while loading. :angry:

Anyway, someone help a CS noob.
Whatever Im doing wrong.

You cant make one ESP dependent on another like that. There area a few ways to do it. One being a mod merge.

#14 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

You cant make one ESP dependent on another like that. There area a few ways to do it. One being a mod merge.

Uh..Crap.

Ok, so what do I do?

#15 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

Uh..Crap.

Ok, so what do I do?

Ok well first of all this will reset your compaion so make sure s/he doesnt have anything important on them. Next open both mods again like you did before. Now under file go down to tools then combine loaded plugins. After you have made a new combined plug in make a back up of your rens hair esp then rename the newone the same as the old rens.

Now just open that one up and change your companions hair to your likeing :)

#16 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

Do I have to combine ALL plugins or jusr Ren's and Rhianna?

EDIT1: Nvm.

EDIT2: Oh, heh heh, Ok, I combined all the pluging (Or I don't know, maybe only Ren's and Rhianna?) and named new file as DD.esp.

Edited by DS Divine, 11 May 2007 - 09:18 PM.

#17 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

Do I have to combine ALL plugins or jusr Ren's and Rhianna?

EDIT: sheez, all thi CS mumbo-jumbo is just beyond me :lol:

I loaded Ren's and Rhianna pluging.
Then went to File-tools-Combine Loaded Plugins.

Then What? How can I combine plugins, if I can select only one plugin there?

No it is asking what to save the combined plug in as :lol:

Just type "Ren's and Rhianna pluging" or something.

#18 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

Ok, Now that I have "DD.esp" (supposed mix of Ren and Rhianna) what and why do I have to rename again :P?

After you have made a new combined plug in make a back up of your rens hair esp then rename the newone the same as the old rens.

"The new one" You mean the one I just combined?
and why do I have to rename it?
Do I have to delete Ren's and Rhianna plugins?

EDIT: Well I made it!

...exept that there are now two Rhianna's waiting for me in the Feed Bag :ROFL: And the one I changed have no voice.

Oh well..

Edited by DS Divine, 11 May 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#19 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

Turn the old one off :D

#20 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

Turn the old one off :D

Already did :D

Everything seems to work, exept the voice, I extracted Rhianna's sounds again, lets see if it will work.

Thanks Spike for patience :)

Edited by DS Divine, 11 May 2007 - 09:47 PM.