• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

#1 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Some Specific Posting Guidelines (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)
Welcome! This thread encourages people's feedback about whatever is posted here. However, any criticism of presented screenies, character ideas, stories, etc., should be very specific and constructive. This kind of criticism is a great way for us to learn and improve our skills.

However, due to some extreme and abusive criticism around the time of our 50th (original) thread (which was thankfully cleared out by a moderator), it became necessary to post the following:

NO criticism should be directed at the PERSON - only at his or her WORK.

Also, whatever criticism is presented, it should NOT be negative in general terms - such as, "That screenie is really lame." This type of non-specific criticism only insults and does not provide any help whatsoever. Or even worse, this kind of criticism: "You are a silly man with a silly idea." If you really must say something negative to someone outside of this simple "code", keep it off this thread!

Another bottom line rule on this thread we have learned over time: If you find a post really offensive, REPORT IT AND IGNORE IT! The moderators know how to quickly deal with any such situation, and will remove any offensive posts, if they are actually offensive. Arguing or making demands regarding the post, invariably ends up worsening the situation, and can even result in all involved parties getting a warning.

Also, some posts can be too vague and subject to interpretation - so please word your posts very clearly to avoid any misunderstandings, especially if they are critical in nature.

Regarding receiving comments or not receiving comments to your post:
Comments are hit or miss on this very fast moving thread. This thread moves so FAST that it is hard for lots of us to comment on peeps' screenies. So many, if not most screenies may appear to go unnoticed, because no comments occur. I am sure many of us have worked hard on something, and it appears to just fly by the pages, because of this very popular thread. Many of us try to take time to comment because it is fun to give others feedback and generally seems appreciated. But often no one does. If you really feel like it always happens that your post is ignored, ask a question about it. Whenever you directly ask about something, it is almost always answered by someone. Or even repost it - and point something out about it that you like or want feedback on.

And the best way to get comments? Positively, constructively/specifically comment on others work too!

Alright! Glad that is out of the way. Have fun and thanks for your contribution to this thread!

(Written by greatfool1 with direction from other contributors to this thread. Please PM greatfool1 if you do not agree with any part(s) of this.)

P.S. Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)
-----

Welcome, one and all, to a new beginning for the picture thread, welcome, and may you enjoy your stay!

#2 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

Oh look another companion ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#3 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Wow that was fast. :D

Oh look another companion ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

S373N released Jade?!
Where where!

By the way, anyone know where to get the playable Dark Seducer and Golden Saint Armors? I've had no luck. (Version that works with Exnem's would help)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hey HP, planning to share any of those retexes? :D
Very nice. :D

Repost:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep Posting!
~Shadow
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#4 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

A few more before the fight. B)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

How do I post my screen shots like that? I'll try now :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image - I forgot to type Tm in consol :(

Posted Image - Mod that makes magic look better.

Posted Image - My face got covered up :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There nothing special. Sorry for stretching the forum.

Edited by PoPc0rN, 05 May 2007 - 03:47 PM.

▐▐ 'Over A Year Without A Signature' - PoPc0rN 2006/2007▐▐

Posted Image

#6 Karioudo

Karioudo
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

Well, I'm new here! B) Both at serious screenshotting and in these screenshot threads. And new at playing a female character (Exnem's gorgeous body mod made me do it :P).
Her face still needs a lot of work - I'm used to making guy faces so yeah... any advice is much appreciated ^-^ I should also mention that the textures aren't made by me. They're actually Sims2 skins and it took a lot of time, cursing, swearing and blowing up Photoshop getting those textures to fit on Exnem's body and Ren's head. Still needs a lot of tweaking...

Anyway, enough talking from me. I present to you...
Myst!
Making friends
Making friends - different angle
She likes flowers

A clear screenshot of her actual skintone - it's grey-purplish - will come later, as I don't have time to make a screen of it now. Hope you like her so far ^-^ It's going to be weird playing a girl this time XD

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

#7 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Well, I'm new here! B) Both at serious screenshotting and in these screenshot threads. And new at playing a female character (Exnem's gorgeous body mod made me do it :P).
Her face still needs a lot of work - I'm used to making guy faces so yeah... any advice is much appreciated ^-^

Her face looks really good to me! I'm still getting the hang of female faces too.

By the way, anyone know where to get the playable Dark Seducer and Golden Saint Armors? I've had no luck. (Version that works with Exnem's would help)

You can find those on Tessource...I found three of them...but I'm not sure about an Exnem's compatable version...

I also found a Dark Seducer and Golden Saint playable race on PES, but those use vanilla meshes.

Edited by cyborgakadjmoose, 05 May 2007 - 04:15 PM.

CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#8 sanityCheck

sanityCheck
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

I have a quick question. To give my character a personal texture, do I have to make a new race? Is there a way to make just a saved character load a texture, not every humanoid in game?

#9 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

I have a quick question. To give my character a personal texture, do I have to make a new race? Is there a way to make just a saved character load a texture, not every humanoid in game?

well, you'd have to make that character a custom race. Unless it's not a vanilla race to begin with. You would change the textures in CS.

Edited by SeV, 05 May 2007 - 04:37 PM.

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#10 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

(I Mistakenly put this in the old thread after number 200 sorry about that so this is just a repost of it with a few edits)

wow (I'm saying that a lot today aren't i?) i take a break from this thread for a few hours to play oblivion, cut the grass and have supper and when I look back here thread one is finished... i need to remove more distraction from my life...

Anyway i have a big update screenshot wise, i started a new character named Namina, a mystic elf. Nte these are just from the prison and about one minute after I got out, enjoy

Don't Leave me here!
Rats!
flaming rats]
Even the dead bleed
I said smile you idiot!
woohoo! now we can get started!
I will not move until I figure this thing out
Thats a really bad way to go
This one isn't exactly at the top of the list either
Mage duel
Minus one assassin
Darn, missed
Don't you accuse me again
On the road again...
Gutted
Free at last
and who might you be?
Just a little extra, a base character shot
Hello all

I normally would comment on all the people above me but there are FAR to many for that so ill just go with. Amazing screenshots everyone, keep up the good work!
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#11 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

anybody know what mod these are from?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

Derikan and Darjin have a chat.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

:lol: as Rumms would say....... "nice tits" Floyd! :P

Quick shot of Avalon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't want to tire her out before Kaelis gets a chance to post....

Edited by SeV, 05 May 2007 - 05:14 PM.

#14 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

anybody know what mod these are from?

they come from this mod http://canadianice.u...hp?topic=5171.0

Edited by Karandras, 05 May 2007 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#15 sanityCheck

sanityCheck
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

well, you'd have to make that character a custom race. Unless it's not a vanilla race to begin with. You would change the textures in CS.

I think I get it. Thanks. :)

#16 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hey Sev, (should I call you that or S373N? :lol:) where did you release Jade? I can't find her.

Two screens. Nothing big.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone know how I can get the second shot as my avatar without it looking crappy and blurred? Help please.
EDIT: Nevermind, got it working. Horray for new avatars! :D

Edited by Shadow', 06 May 2007 - 08:01 AM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#17 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

She's here shadow`: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=26345

Use the alternative Megaupload link until they clear my submission into the archives

#18 --Rumpleteasza--

--Rumpleteasza--

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

:lol: as Rumms would say....... "nice tits" Floyd! :P

I certainly would. And aren't they just.

Well, I've been buggering about with Ren's hairs and I decided to try a new look for Shamanih. I'm shuffling round BAB's clothes as well and trying a few new combinations. I'm a shameless subscriber to the skirts/dress/tunic over trousers thing, so poor Sham's going to have to suffer through it as well.

Posted Image

Clipping issues... oh well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not sure whether I still like her with the ponytail though. I think her face might look better if the hair's swept away from it.

Posted Image

Don't eat me...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know this is a repost, but it makes me giggle. <3

Posted Image

#19 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

Oops, didn't log in. I r so smart.
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#20 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

I'm sorry to be bringing up the cute baby picutes fatherly routine, but I just put Jade's face into Neeshka and her reactions to the little preliminary speech is SOOOOOOO cute! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look at those little ears go! :lol: I think I've fallen in love all over again.... :wub: