Photo

Pictures of Oblivion Characters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#1 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Some Specific Posting Guidelines (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)
Welcome! This thread encourages people's feedback about whatever is posted here. However, any criticism of presented screenies, character ideas, stories, etc., should be very specific and constructive. This kind of criticism is a great way for us to learn and improve our skills.

However, due to some extreme and abusive criticism around the time of our 50th (original) thread (which was thankfully cleared out by a moderator), it became necessary to post the following:

NO criticism should be directed at the PERSON - only at his or her WORK.

Also, whatever criticism is presented, it should NOT be negative in general terms - such as, "That screenie is really lame." This type of non-specific criticism only insults and does not provide any help whatsoever. Or even worse, this kind of criticism: "You are a silly man with a silly idea." If you really must say something negative to someone outside of this simple "code", keep it off this thread!

Another bottom line rule on this thread we have learned over time: If you find a post really offensive, REPORT IT AND IGNORE IT! The moderators know how to quickly deal with any such situation, and will remove any offensive posts, if they are actually offensive. Arguing or making demands regarding the post, invariably ends up worsening the situation, and can even result in all involved parties getting a warning.

Also, some posts can be too vague and subject to interpretation - so please word your posts very clearly to avoid any misunderstandings, especially if they are critical in nature.

Regarding receiving comments or not receiving comments to your post:
Comments are hit or miss on this very fast moving thread. This thread moves so FAST that it is hard for lots of us to comment on peeps' screenies. So many, if not most screenies may appear to go unnoticed, because no comments occur. I am sure many of us have worked hard on something, and it appears to just fly by the pages, because of this very popular thread. Many of us try to take time to comment because it is fun to give others feedback and generally seems appreciated. But often no one does. If you really feel like it always happens that your post is ignored, ask a question about it. Whenever you directly ask about something, it is almost always answered by someone. Or even repost it - and point something out about it that you like or want feedback on.

And the best way to get comments? Positively, constructively/specifically comment on others work too!

Alright! Glad that is out of the way. Have fun and thanks for your contribution to this thread!

(Written by greatfool1 with direction from other contributors to this thread. Please PM greatfool1 if you do not agree with any part(s) of this.)

P.S. Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Prior thread (#2) here

Edited by Spike4072, 06 May 2007 - 02:04 PM.

#2 Scoffs-at-You

Scoffs-at-You
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

I need feedback -_-

Scoffs, I love it, personally =D

Great stuff =)

@Sev: Oooh.. Avalon looks great, there =D EDIT: Actually, the whole screenie looks great =D

Thats a nice looking character and a nice looking screen! I hope to see more of her!

Great pics everyone! I like how your character is turning out, Kalia!
I'd love to play Oblivion and make more screens, but my brother constantly plays Diablo 2 on the good computer. ALWAYS. NEVER OFF IT. THE WHOLE DAY.

Why the good PC? Diablo 2 is stone-age old? :S

Posted Image
I need feedback -_-

It's so hard judging a character when you throw in Exnem's err..... personality into the mix, but I think she looks really good Scoffs.

Btw, congrats on your character winning the unmodded contest... it wasn't even close? :blink: You won by like 20 votes :lol: I was happy to have Jade squeak in 3rd :P

I know it's a little dark, but I like this picture:
Posted Image

Yeah, Exnem's armor is a little... distracting :lol:
Thanks, and Jade won first place in the modded section, not third :)
Avalon looks amazing, btw.

#3 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

Should I go ahead and make the next thread or was someone already planing on doing it?

I consider it third, Mystyk and Floydian dropped out for some reason....

Posted Image

Now for Kaelis' favorite theme: lesbians! EDIT: (inside joke he actually hates hot lesbians) EDIT EDIT: (joking about hating the hot lesbians)

Posted Image

Edited by SeV, 06 May 2007 - 02:05 PM.

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#4 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

I consider it third, Mystyk and Floydian dropped out for some reason....

Poor Luna didnt even get a vote :(

Now for Kaelis' favorite theme: lesbians!

Posted Image

:Tasty: Umm, what was I talking about?

Edited by Spike4072, 06 May 2007 - 02:03 PM.

#5 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

WooHoo!! New Thread. Time to create some new material :)

Floydian1, Do you know (Or anyone) of a good companion mod and how to change its face?

▐▐ 'Over A Year Without A Signature' - PoPc0rN 2006/2007▐▐

Posted Image

#6 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

XD!

Oh /wow/!

On another note, spike, could you change the link to SeV's topic to the new SHS one? =)

#7 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

Done :)

#8 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

Floydian1, Do you know (Or anyone) of a good companion mod and how to change its face?

I'm writing up how to import a face rite now:

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#9 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

Nice now her and Sia...... ;)

Just a recap....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#10 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

Is that 2nd one a wedding shot? :blink:

#11 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

Now for Kaelis' favorite theme: lesbians! EDIT: (inside joke he actually hates hot lesbians) EDIT EDIT: (joking about hating the hot lesbians)

LOL.

For the record, it was something about an animation series. the guy always managed to put in a couple of lesbians =P

Done :)

Thanks! =D

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 06 May 2007 - 02:11 PM.

#12 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

LOL.

For the record, it was something about an animation series. the guy always managed to put in a couple of lesbians =P

What animation series would that be? I saw a name on credits of something I saw last night just wasnt sure if it is the same person. It even had the lesbianish stuff :P

Edited by Spike4072, 06 May 2007 - 02:18 PM.

#13 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

something on gametrailers, I believe. SeV linked me to them =P

EDIT: One by this guy was called "Haloid" =P

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 06 May 2007 - 02:17 PM.

#14 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm writing up how to import a face rite now:

Ok, Thanks.

Is that 2nd one a wedding shot? :blink:

Haha! Looks a bit like one :P Maybe Floydain1 is trying to tell us something.

Posted Image

#15 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:24 PM

here's my newest and first Dremora character

Posted Image

i know the necks not perfect but hey neither am I
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#16 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

Haha! Looks a bit like one :P Maybe Floydain1 is trying to tell us something.

Oh only just realised it could be taken as that. Mind you Sia's bi-sexual anyway ;)

Example, changing companion Valeria:

1. Get Wyre Bash
2. Wyre Bash comes with a blank.esp file, take a copy of this and rename to something like facelibrary.esp and stick it in your oblivion data dir.
3. Within Wyre Bash select this facelibrary.esp and import the faces you require from your saved games.
4. I'm using Beautiful People so I need an esm version of this file (you can run the esp version and esm version at the same time, your companions will use the esm whilst the save game characters will still use the esp), use Wyre Bash again to create an esm version of it and stick that in your data dir to.
5. Open the tes construction kit and in the data file menu select oblivion.esm, Beautiful People.esm, GG_valeria.esp (set this one as active) and facelibrary.esp *note other companion mods might use other esm's as well be sure to select these.
6. Once loaded, save.
7. Look for Valeria in the npc list, in this case she was an imperial female and open her window, look for your character under what ever race it is and open that window to. Change Valeria's race as required then copy the face data over from your character, I find the hair and eyes don't copy over but the hair and eyes are listed in there windows so you can just select as desired.
8. Save, all done.

Jade was a little more involved as I had to make an esm of the Tabaxi race mod to and add soya's hair styles to the race.
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#17 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

Example, changing companion Valeria:

1. Get Wyre Bash
2. Wyre Bash comes with a blank.esp file, take a copy of this and rename to something like facelibrary.esp and stick it in your oblivion data dir.
3. Within Wyre Bash select this facelibrary.esp and import the faces you require from your saved games.
4. I'm using Beautiful People so I need an esm version of this file (you can run the esp version and esm version at the same time, your companions will use the esm whilst the save game characters will still use the esp), use Wyre Bash again to create an esm version of it and stick that in your data dir to.
5. Open the tes construction kit and in the data file menu select oblivion.esm, Beautiful People.esm, GG_valeria.esp (set this one as active) and facelibrary.esp *note other companion mods might use other esm's as well be sure to select these.
6. Once loaded, save.
7. Look for Valeria in the npc list, in this case she was an imperial female and open her window, look for your character under what ever race it is and open that window to. Change Valeria's race as required then copy the face data over from your character, I find the hair and eyes don't copy over but the hair and eyes are listed in there windows so you can just select as desired.
8. Save, all done.

Jade was a little more involved as I had to make an esm of the Tabaxi race mod to and add soya's hair styles to the race.

Is that how I can change the face of my companion? Thanks :D Also, if that is, does it matter which companion I download?

Posted Image

#18 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

Well, after a long time working on IG Hector's Face and teeth and skin, I am proud to unviel him.

The following passage shows how henpecked Hector is by a particular girl, a girl named Nina (Thanks Luchaire!)

Nina says "Ohhh, Hector! I heard a rumour, these exquiste shows in Divine Elegance are are half off! Buy them! Now!" Hector replies with "I am the lord of the Lunar pairs. I am the Lunar Lorkhan!" Nina says "You can be whoever you want after you buy me those shoes! In fact I'll offer you a deal... *whisper......whisper*.

Hector liked this deal

What now Hector, hmmm, you want to buy them or not?" Hector's ultimate comeback - "Yes, dear." Hector says, sprinting off.

"Oh, he is just TO easy" Nina laughs.

A Devilish Grin -

Posted Image

@ YorkMaster - Download Slof's Dremora Textures, they look really good and make the body smooth, but evil!

@ Sev - How do you know they are Lesbians and not just Bi? Ethier way, its hot! As Rumples would say..... Nice Tits!

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 06 May 2007 - 02:37 PM.

#19 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

here's some Morals for everyone :cheers:
it just goes to show : Know your Alchemy 'cause you never know what's its going to do

Posted Image

this
Posted Image

or

Posted Image

;)

cheers
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#20 Magicflame

Magicflame
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

here's my newest and first Dremora character

Posted Image

i know the necks not perfect but hey neither am I

He looks rather unhappy between all those sweet girls. :unsure:
But then Hector's char appeared... :blink:

Brothers in Arms!
"Have you ever seen a massive Nord Warrior accidentally hit himself in the face with his own warhammer in the haze of a battle?
I haven't, but I really hope I will someday..."
(Julan, Ashlander Companion)