Photo

Get rid of Archive Invalidation for good!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

Here's something interesting: http://www.bethsoft....howtopic=689314

Claims are high as removing archive invalidation without needing OBMM is what we're all after... opinions? Someone tested this with several texture mods?

#2 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

no but.... I don't really mind using the archiveinvalidation feature in OBMM... it's one button click? :mellow:

Edited by SeV, 06 May 2007 - 11:05 PM.

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#3 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

Its Quarn, so, I'm pretty much certain that it'll work, that, and it works the same way as some other things appearantly do. the files, however /must/ be newer (the ones you're replacing the defaults with), but, that sounds like the standard stuff. It sounds good, I've just not bothered to install it, yet =)

#4 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:36 AM

It works for almost everything.

If anyone is using my Better Redguards mod (which apparently very few are :P), when version 2.0 is released in a couple weeks, it will require OBMM's Archive Invalidation, as Quarn's method does not work for invalidating the unique NPC face textures - the game is hardcoded to only take those from the .bsa directly. I can get around it with OBMM, though. This is the only way to get NPC faces/bodies to match and to properly use my redguard face texture.