• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

I don't think it's an engine bug, if you turn the AI completely off you can use shields without any issues. (That is probably also the reason the issue isn't more of a problem for most people.. I play witht he AI turned off most of the time and I imagine most people do so as well.)

Btw, I noticed this doesn't just affect the main character though.. I've seen it happen on Kagain as well.

I can confirm this behavior. 

#22 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yes, I've noticed that but didn't bother much. 

Edited by Vlad, 09 August 2015 - 10:54 PM.

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

I had an imported ToB character (generic fighter with sword and shield) murder everyone in Candlekeep without stopping when getting hit (the Watchers do hit) on this WeiDU.log so it would seem like something else is behind this :unsure:

Spoiler

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#24 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

My bet is that it has to do with an ActionOverride -command ... like say if your resistances go over the 85%limit which triggers the lowering of them(if you have the Refinements mod installed), which stops the commanded character. But which mod does this is not known. So again, if it's anyone else than the main character, we can easily find the subject with the LStest run. Yes, the LStest mod does the exact same thing for the main character, but that not the issue here.

Edited by The Imp, 10 August 2015 - 10:25 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#25 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

My bet is that it has to do with an ActionOverride -command ... like say if your resistances go over the 85%limit which triggers the lowering of them(if you have the Refinements mod installed), which stops the commanded character. But which mod does this is not known. So again, if it's anyone else than the main character, we can easily find the subject with the LStest run. Yes, the LStest mod does the exact same thing for the main character, but that not the issue here.

I might do this once I've got time and muse for it.

To be honest, I never spent much thought on the AI on/off toggle and just assumed the only thing it did was to turn player-selected scripts on/off but that is clearly not the case. There is some kind of very basic AI running even if you have the "none" script selected (which is empty).

So, it might actually be an engine problem after all?

I had an imported ToB character (generic fighter with sword and shield) murder everyone in Candlekeep without stopping when getting hit (the Watchers do hit) on this WeiDU.log so it would seem like something else is behind this :unsure:

Wouldn't a ToB character pretty much one-hit everything in Candlekeep?

Anyway, I wasn't very specific about how the bug occurred:

I only ever tested/noticed it when being shot at by arrows. The first time I noticed it was while fighting the bandits at the raided caravan and I tested it with a 3 char set-up; one shooting the shield-guy and the shield-guy hitting another character. With that set up I could reliably reproduce the bug.

I also had it happen without a shield (had a spear equipped and was being shot at by at least 4 archers) but it seems to be a much more rare occurrence than it is with a shield equipped.

Edited by Ulb, 11 August 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

The Candlekeep Watchers can take upto 3 ToB character hits before chunking :P

Also just to be sure, I did CLUA in a mini-army of Watchers to get CHARNAME some quarterstaff hits :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod