Photo

RELz: Tabaxi v1.5

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Just in case anyone was interested and missed it - there's an updated version of the Tabaxi. See my sig for linkage.

Not a big deal, really, but thought I'd give a heads-up.

Added:
Several missing normal map textures (face and body)
Support for Corwyn's and Growlf's bodies

#2 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:33 PM

thank you, very good job!
but could i ask you one thing? could you post me a picture of the exnem body on tabaxi? i had it on in game, and it looked.... not right...

#3 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

I can't, sorry. I don't use (and never have used) the Exnem body.

To get it to work right, make sure you're using Tabaxi_Race_BAB.esp or Tabaxi_Race_BAB_Robert.esp. If you use the Tabaxi_Race_Default.esp, you'll have texture problems. Easy to fix though, if that's the case.

#4 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

o ok, thanks.

#5 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:17 PM

Well, this is probably a stupid question, but I never claimed to be all that smart.

If I install this version, will it mess up the textures on my Hubaxi character?

#6 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:57 AM

Well, this is probably a stupid question, but I never claimed to be all that smart.

If I install this version, will it mess up the textures on my Hubaxi character?

More than likely, depending on how you set that up.

If you're using 1.4, you don't really *need* to update. The only thing 1.5 really added were a couple missing normal maps, which probably don't matter to you anyway if you're not using tabaxi body textures. Actually, given that in nearly two months nobody ever noticed (or at least mentioned) that normal maps were missing, it's probably not a big deal anyway. I only added them in and updated for the sake of completeness really.

#7 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

Here's another question, can you run 1.4 and 1.5 at the same time?

I still haven't got Jade's textures working right, now it seems all the body details are on her right leg. I'm sure it's my fault, I'm not a modder, and the CS tends to confuse me (should have seen how many times I had to re-open the CS just trying to get Keari's textures set up like I wanted)

Edited by Soul_Slayer, 10 May 2007 - 06:34 AM.

#8 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for updating the kittens Luch :cheers:

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#9 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

Here's another question, can you run 1.4 and 1.5 at the same time?

I still haven't got Jade's textures working right, now it seems all the body details are on her right leg. I'm sure it's my fault, I'm not a modder, and the CS tends to confuse me (should have seen how many times I had to re-open the CS just trying to get Keari's textures set up like I wanted)

For now, stick to 1.4 until we figure out what is going on with your textures.

Have you modified the tabaxi .esp at all that you're using? If so, how about just emailing me a copy of it (luchaire at gmail.com) and I'll take a poke at it and get the texture pathing sorted out. You said before that you're using tabaxi_race_default.esp? If you haven't modified it at all, then it's a pretty simple fix, too...

#10 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, I had to edit it to get Keari's human skintone, then I fiddled with it trying to get Jade's straightened out. :wacko:

Looking back up to your post to zombie, perhaps I should use Tabaxi_Race_BAB.esp or Tabaxi_Race_BAB_Robert.esp, since I use Exnem's bodies. :wall:

#11 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:30 AM

Since you're already using that .esp, let's just get it fixed up.

Open it in the CS and fix the pathing so it looks like this if you're NOT using Robert's Male Body:

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you ARE using Robert's Male Body, then set it up like this (note the only difference highlighted):

Posted Image

That should clear it up for you, assuming you have the right textures in the right place. If you're still having problems, download this file here, extract the files and copy all four .dds files to the "Data\Textures\characters\tabaxi\female\" folder. Should do the trick. ;)

#12 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:19 AM

Here is what mine is currently set at:

Tabaxi_settings.jpg

If I change those settings, won't it mess up Keari's textures?

#13 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

Yes. You can't have it both ways. The best way to have handled the "modified" character would have been to create a duplicate tabaxi race (right-click on "Tabaxi" under the "EditorID" column and select "Duplicate") and modify that, leaving the original intact.

You actually could do that now. Duplicate the race you have now set as Tabaxi. Set the texture paths as indicated in my screenshots above. Then load Jade and change her race via the "showracemenu" command. The race will still have the name "tabaxi" (it'll show up twice in the race selection menu), and all the abilities, but should have the right appearance.

Or, again, email me the .esp and I'll do it if you're worried about borking something. ;)

#14 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

I don't know if this is important or not, but Jade is set up as Keari's companion, using the CompanionNeeshka.esp, here are the settings from that esp:

Jade_comp.jpg

The Tabaxi plug-in loads after the Neeshka plug-in.

#15 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

The Tabaxi plug-in loads after the Neeshka plug-in.

Which means it completely overrides the Neeshka plug-in for the race settings.

Again, the only clean way around this is going to be to create a duplicate/alternate race for one or the other of the characters - it's impossible to have two characters of the same race using different textures. The game simply doesn't have that sort of individual resource allocation.

I don't know a lot about how the companion stuff works (don't use companions, don't plan to use any, think the whole thing is bollocks), but I think you could probably make this work by changing the editorID for Jade's race in the Neeshka plug-in. Change it from "Tabaxi" to "TabaxiFurry" or anything. Then, assuming she has an NPC spot somewhere (again, I don't know how this works), you'd have to be sure to indicate her "new" race.

Or just send me the silly Tabaxi .esp and let me fix it for you! :P

#16 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:20 PM

Use Wyre Bash and convert the Tabaxi ESP to an ESM. Open up the Neeshka .esp and Tabaxi .esm, change Neeshka to A Tabaxi, disable the Tabaxi .esp and activate the .esm

Enjoy.

#17 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

I'll have to try after I install my new HD, hopefully, I don't lose anything, but the old one is making it hard for me to get stuff off of it.

#18 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:20 AM

I'm Back!!! :cheers:

Believe it or not, Jade's textures seemed to have fixed themselves during the re-install. :cheers:

Thanks anyway.