Photo

WM for TUTU

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Nazar

Nazar
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

If I just want to run BG1 easy tutu should I be using wm6....does not say to in forums on G3 under staet of the union...thanks in advance

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:27 AM

No, you shouldn't be using this worldmap. EasyTUTU provides a functioning map for all BG1 zones already.

#3 Nazar

Nazar
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:31 AM

No, you shouldn't be using this worldmap. EasyTUTU provides a functioning map for all BG1 zones already.

Thank you for the quick answer....back too installing....lol

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

If I just want to run BG1 easy tutu should I be using wm6....does not say to in forums on G3 under staet of the union...thanks in advance

WM6 will only work with BG1 Tutu.

It takes a village...

#5 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:44 AM

erebusant, what information would be needed to adapt this map to work on EasyTutu distributions? I would certainly be willing to do all the legwork...

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

erebusant, what information would be needed to adapt this map to work on EasyTutu distributions? I would certainly be willing to do all the legwork...

What I needed to do for the BG1 Tutu installation was to:

1st - list all the correct areas by the .are after cross-referencing them to the BGT areas,
2nd -then look at each one to see which areas needed to have entrances added to them.
3rd - add the specific entrances to the ares using the "add tutu entrance" .tph or whatever it's called (it's been a long time since I looked at it)
4th - cross-reference the travel links and update them to the existing and new entrance names and areas for the tutu areas from the entrance names and areas listed in BGT.

OR:

Completely build it from scratch (which would actually be easier now)
1. - List of WM Area Names with .are extensions (ie; Ulgoth's Beard - FWbla d bla.are)
2. - List of Existing Entrance names for each area, and where they are located on the area map (x,y coordinates)
Then it's easy to add entrances and flag the areas properly to appear when they should, and to build travel links for each area. There's only a few areas now that really need to be made to appear by script now that I know more about how it actually works.

It takes a village...

#7 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Cool - some folks will kill me if I don't get a BG1 NPC version 15 out soon, and I am getting distracted by some of this other stuff going on - but I will come back to this after conferring with Macready and seeing if we can come up with some data from the new EasyTutu_ToB version. I think I can get this info together, and help code some of it up. That map is just too nice not to have access to on EasyTutu installs.

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:53 AM

I thought the main reason WM wasn't compatible with EasyTutu was that it required the BG2 Fixpack. Since the latest EasyTutu beta includes some components of that, I was thinking the WM might be more compatible now, but what do I know.

There was some discussion about making a worldmap for Tutu that was slightly bigger than the existing one (like this one), to make room for mod-added areas. There's no need to have a huge one with all the BG2 areas etc. I was going to look into expanding the map a bit, but it was pretty far down my priority list last I checked. Maybe we could induct a good artist to do it though... really wouldn't be tough to do that part at least. Though it might be more work to make it resemble the actual FR maps somewhat, rather than the hacked-up one provided with the game.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:08 AM

I thought the main reason WM wasn't compatible with EasyTutu was that it required the BG2 Fixpack. Since the latest EasyTutu beta includes some components of that, I was thinking the WM might be more compatible now, but what do I know.
The only reason WM6 requires BG2Fixpack install is for 4 of the areas in BG2 portion of the game got new entrances called CDEXIT. You will get CTD's without it. I believe they are AR1600, AR1700, AR2500, & AR2600.

There was some discussion about making a worldmap for Tutu that was slightly bigger than the existing one (like this one), to make room for mod-added areas. There's no need to have a huge one with all the BG2 areas etc. I was going to look into expanding the map a bit, but it was pretty far down my priority list last I checked. Maybe we could induct a good artist to do it though... really wouldn't be tough to do that part at least. Though it might be more work to make it resemble the actual FR maps somewhat, rather than the hacked-up one provided with the game.

It takes a village...

#10 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:03 AM

If I haven't gotten back to this one month from the date of this post, someone please PM me and remind me... I like the distributed WorldMap in this mod, and would love to play it on EasyTutu_ToB_BETA and above.

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

If I haven't gotten back to this one month from the date of this post, someone please PM me and remind me... I like the distributed WorldMap in this mod, and would love to play it on EasyTutu_ToB_BETA and above.

Bump!! erebusant :Poke: cmorgan

It takes a village...

#12 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

Thank you! Ignore my post in the other thread on SBH and WM6 - you already told me what to do - now I just need to figure out how to do it, and get BG1NPC out the door so I can do it!

Timestamp: Thursday, February 28, 2008. If I don't give you a progress report in this thread in two weeks from the current timestamp, please 'bump" - and you can even begin using harsh words :)

#13 Jarin Hawkeye

Jarin Hawkeye

Wanderer

• 37 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

*Bump*

Many EasyTUTU players await the coming of the Compatability between the WorldMap and the EasyTUTU.

Proceed as quick as possible

- Jarin

#14 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

aaaarggghhh.... ok, I will try to get this on the docket as soon as I can, unless someone else comes along and works out the verticies for the new EasyTutu... it will probably require using a flag file equivalent from EasyTutu (easy to do) to make sure it operates only on EasyTutu. OK, same as before - I am booked through next Tuesday with other projects, but if you don't see news in this thread please post again next Friday. I, too, want to have fun with this worldmap on EasyTutu.

Timestamp: Thursday, May 15, 2008 (where did all the time fly so fast...)

Edited by cmorgan, 15 May 2008 - 12:16 PM.

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:02 AM

We talked a while back about using a smaller worldmap for Tutu, since it doesn't need all the BG2 Amn areas etc. Basically it'd be an expansion of the existing Tutu map. Would this make the project easier or harder?

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:46 AM

We talked a while back about using a smaller worldmap for Tutu, since it doesn't need all the BG2 Amn areas etc. Basically it'd be an expansion of the existing Tutu map. Would this make the project easier or harder?

This shouldn't be too much of an issue. You can use whatever .MOS you desire for the map, just need to test and set the map coordinates for the worldmap mod. The big issue is needing area entrances for the travel links to point to. I'm not sure how EasyTutu works, but I know in BG1Tutu, many of the areas didn't even have any called entrances so when you would travel to them you would merely get dumped into the NW corner of the map. That's what the Tutu files in the Worldmap mod do, is go through the areas in a BG1Tutu game and give the ones that don't have any entrances, or very few entrances anywhere from 1 to 4 new entrances for the map to call a travel link to. I imagine something similar needs to be done for EasyTutu. Not difficult, but time consuming.

It takes a village...

#17 Drelnza

Drelnza
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:34 AM

I am eagerly awaiting trying the new EasyTutu released a short while ago coupled with Hard Times and Bone Hill. Sounds very, very good indeed.

I tried playing BoneHill with the previous version of EasyTutu but the game crashed as soon as Peltar tried to teleport my party over at the start :-(

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

I tried playing BoneHill with the previous version of EasyTutu but the game crashed as soon as Peltar tried to teleport my party over at the start :-(

Yes it will probably crash your game in Tutu without the Worldmap.

Any progress, cmorgan? I'm wondering if it might just be easier to add the Bonehill areas to the Tutu map, since AFAIK it's the only mod that requires WM. I think this is what we do in DSotSC for Tutu.

#19 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

No progress at all - swamped and not likely to get freed up for another week or two even with vacation kicking in next week.

I am wondering if the massively cool-but not-completely-understood-by-me SConrad php-each code could be leveraged/reengineered to dump areas and area offsets for EayTutu instead of running the manual check? erebusant, I think that was for you (or was that for Y?) I will drop back this afternoon with a snippet of code, and perhaps we can get him to assist a bit. I think this is a good first step, because I think Macready repaired wordmap function and provided both orientation changes and travel points mapping.

Quoted in this post so I don't lose track of what I/we/someone needs to do:

1st - list all the correct areas by the .are after cross-referencing them to the BGT areas,
2nd -then look at each one to see which areas needed to have entrances added to them.
3rd - add the specific entrances to the ares using the "add tutu entrance" .tph or whatever it's called (it's been a long time since I looked at it)
4th - cross-reference the travel links and update them to the existing and new entrance names and areas for the tutu areas from the entrance names and areas listed in BGT.

OR:

Completely build it from scratch (which would actually be easier now)
1. - List of WM Area Names with .are extensions (ie; Ulgoth's Beard - FWbla d bla.are)
2. - List of Existing Entrance names for each area, and where they are located on the area map (x,y coordinates)
Then it's easy to add entrances and flag the areas properly to appear when they should, and to build travel links for each area. There's only a few areas now that really need to be made to appear by script now that I know more about how it actually works.

Edited by cmorgan, 06 June 2008 - 04:29 AM.

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

erebusant, or anyone else with a BGT/Megamod/WM install - could you do a screenshot of the BG1 portion of the Worldmap with all the area icons highlighted that are applicable to the BG1 portion of the game (standard but especially mod added - DSotSC, NTotSC, Bone Hill, Drizzt mod maybe, any others you can think of)? I have a list of the standard area names and their BG1/Tutu/BGT equivalents but I should add the mod areas too. Plus it'll help determine how large of a map we really need for Tutu.

I suppose someone should look at the BG1 FotD too, just in case there's ever a Tutu conversion of it. Probably not, but you never know, and it's a real pain to shuffle areas after the fact.