Least Favorite Character

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

Because face it, you can't like everyone.

So far I made it to Neverwinter once, and I like all the joinables well enough.

Except Neeshka. That voice of hers just drives me nuts. And she is the only thief in the game. :crying:

Give me a different voice and I would probably like her. She actually reminds me a bit of someone I know.

But that voice...

So anyways, who is it that irks your nerves like nails on a chalkboard, that pushes every single button like a younger sibling, that... well you get the point. Post them here, but no flaming those with differing opinions. Express your own, but respect others'. ;)

Kellen.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

Casavir gets my vote. It's not that he's a bad guy, he's just so... boring.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

Egads, let's see here (in no particular order as they all grate on my nerves equally):
  • Bishop - He's a jerk. A homicidal jerk. A homicidal jerk that doesn't know when to shut-up...strike three, you're out!
  • Casavir - Too emo.
  • Elanee - Creepy stalker type that has all the traits of a bad wife with none of the angry grudge sex.
  • Khelgar - I get it already, you like to fight...now shut-up about it before you find out how much I like to fight.
  • Qara - See Khelgar...substitute fight with fire.
  • Zhjaeve - A serious speech impediment and no sense of skin-care.
Wait, did you want only one?
NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#4 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

I feel kinda guilt asking, but you've made me curious. So (OT) is there anyone you do like?

And no, don't need only one. I did one because I like both Khelgar and Elanee so far.

I don't like Kipp much though.

And haven't gotten others to join me yet.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#5 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

Casavir. A more one-dimensional character who you see outside the prologue, there is not.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#6 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

Bishop. That sexist pig mother****** I can't stand him. I wish npcs were killable, he would have been dead the first time I even talked to him.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#7 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

I feel kinda guilt asking, but you've made me curious. So (OT) is there anyone you do like?

And no, don't need only one. I did one because I like both Khelgar and Elanee so far.

I don't like Kipp much though.

And haven't gotten others to join me yet.

I either like, or don't mind, the rest of the NPCs: Neeshka, Sand (he was pushing it some, though), Grobnar, Shandra, et al. I don't want to list them all since I don't know if I'd be divulging any(more) spoilers.

Though all of the characters in NWN2 suffered from taking their personality traits too far, the ones I listed above were traits that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Bishop. That sexist pig mother****** I can't stand him. I wish npcs were killable, he would have been dead the first time I even talked to him.

I don't think I'd be happy just killing him once...Raise Dead would have finally served a purpose in the game.
NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#8 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

Are you kidding? I'm female, and Bishop was my favorite character in the entire game! He's one of a grand total of three characters with any depth to them at all-him, Ammon, and Khelgar towards the end. I really wish I could have had a real romance with him. :(
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#9 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

I haven't met many so far, but Quara (or however you spell it) I do not like. No matter which option I choose when talking to her she's still recruited. Snooty stuck-up people I can't stand. So, I left her in the pub.
I actually don't mind Neeshka's voice and personality. The first time I heard it I laughed as it sounded like she'd been sucking on helium balloons :lol: It's a bit odd at times because I'm female and play a male character, and Neeshka, as well as Elanee, both have a thing for my character :blink:

B)

#10 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:51 AM

I never really liked Nasher.
Not in NWN nor NWN2.

Though there are features in him that I liked too.

I don't know, there are quite a few character I disliked, but can't figure out who's the most hated.
Maybe its nasher after all :mellow:

#11 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:10 AM

Are you kidding? I'm female, and Bishop was my favorite character in the entire game! He's one of a grand total of three characters with any depth to them at all-him, Ammon, and Khelgar towards the end. I really wish I could have had a real romance with him. :(

Now this I don't understand. I have seen this at the Bioware forums as well. Why would a woman want a abusive pig like him as a romance? He's the type that would use you for sex, cook and clean his place and you do what he tells you. :wacko:

This is The End.

#12 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

Now this I don't understand. I have seen this at the Bioware forums as well. Why would a woman want a abusive pig like him as a romance? He's the type that would use you for sex, cook and clean his place and you do what he tells you.

And my "main" NWN2 character (the one I always think of as *my* character) is a CN Tempus-worshipping Tiefling Fighter/Weapon Master with a scythe. He's perfect, from my point of view. And look at it this way: Viconia's an evil-wannabe whore in need of a therapist, and yet the Viconia romance remains quite popular. And the only "romance" option in NWN2 is that insufferably dull, utterly one-dimensional paladin with a stick up his posterior named Casavir. He doesn't even have any of the flaws that made Anomen an interesting romance!

#13 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:11 AM

Oh, dear gods, Shandra! I mean, I used to be *irritated* by the characters, like Morte or Imoen. I used to simply refuse to let chars in my party, like Edwin, Korgan or Viconia, because they disgusted me, but Shandra, I can't wait for her to DIE!

Shandra is absolutely unlovable, untrustworthy, an idiot, useless and on top of it every male around falls for her when my PC is *completely* ignored by the male population of Neverwinter!!! If female PC actually *had* a romance, well, it would have been fine, but when all the goodies go to Shandra it's just *unfair*. My PC is the heroine of the story, for the sake of all gods, and I did my very best to make her beautiful. And what do I get for my efforts?

That bloody Mary Sue, who is:

-A focal point of the story
-I have to rescue her. TWICE!
-She bashes me and blames everything on my PC even after she knows it's my fault.
-PC's two romantic interests fight over her, PC's uncle is fawning over her, even a random *gnome* is placed in the game to flatter her! I am surprised we are not followed by some trumpet-playing bards that announce that Shandra is the fairest, the most desirable woman on the surface of Faerun (that by whatever reason accompanies that plain old hag, PC) every few minutes.
-She unexplicably shows up at my vigil when I fully expect Bishop and won't go away despite the direct order to be lost!
-She levels up from level 0 to 12 in a night, when my PC had to work for it for *days and weeks*.
-She, unexplicably, unfathomably, is the companion whose, and only whose opinion matters when PC stands convicted of mass-murder. Hello! I have a bloody *paladin* in my party!!!
-She gives idiotic advice every step of the way.
-She thinks my PC can't beat Lorne and when PC does, she can't even squeeze a congratulation out of her self-enamoured behind!

Gods, I can't say just how *much* I hate this idiot woman!!! I can't stand having to drag her around for the whole *chapter*! It poisons my game, having to have her around, and not being able to do *anything* about it. I can't wait to put on my best shoes and dance on her grave. And the first male to drop a rare manly tear during the funerals is going to be dissmissed (sigh) game permitting.

#14 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

I see. Uh most informative.

*Signs to the men in white coats that he found the patient suffering from anger issues*

jk. But yeah, I can understand that. And honestly. She's rather plain imo. Sometimes Obsidian just can't get anything right.

Edited by Kellen, 09 May 2007 - 07:48 AM.

#15 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

You mean Obsidian. And er... the 'even after she knows it's my fault.' should read 'even after she knows it was not my fault.' Anyway, I guess, I should just keep playing, hoping that like everyone Obsidian's she'll just shut up after her initial intensive 'introduction' and stay quiet. Then she finally dies, and everything will be fine. I really want to play through the whole game....

#16 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

Yes, I meant Obsidian's.

Let me fix that.

Probably the onrush of new members and the Oblivion forum that I got it messed up. Going now.

#17 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

Qara gets my vote. I tried to incorporate her into the party the first time I played through and just gave up after a very short while. After that, I avoided her as much as was possible.

Edited by MorningGlory, 09 May 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#18 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

Now this I don't understand. I have seen this at the Bioware forums as well. Why would a woman want a abusive pig like him as a romance? He's the type that would use you for sex, cook and clean his place and you do what he tells you.

And my "main" NWN2 character (the one I always think of as *my* character) is a CN Tempus-worshipping Tiefling Fighter/Weapon Master with a scythe. He's perfect, from my point of view. And look at it this way: Viconia's an evil-wannabe whore in need of a therapist, and yet the Viconia romance remains quite popular. And the only "romance" option in NWN2 is that insufferably dull, utterly one-dimensional paladin with a stick up his posterior named Casavir. He doesn't even have any of the flaws that made Anomen an interesting romance!

I agree with Casavir. He was a dullard, which his voice matched perfectly. Seems like women get screwed over when it comes to romances. Whiney cry baby Carth in K1, Over the top goody two shoes Disciple in K2, Arrogant ass Anomen in BG2. :wacko:

This is The End.

#19 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

I honestly would not have minded Casavir as a romance if he actually *had* a romance. I mean as in actual dialogue. I gave up on trying to get a multi-sentenced dialogue out of Casavir. I decided not to 'romance' him when/if the infamous 'let's sleep together' dialogue comes up. I just don't view that relationship as a romance. It's at best a bussiness association if that.

Bishop lost his chance to romance my PC when he did not show up at the Vigil (instead it was stupid Shandra woman). That was imo the ultimate place for him to show interest in PC and initiate a romance. To be honest, if I was not too lazy to go back to the docks, he'd be out of my party now, and to hells with the one or two dialogues he has with Casavir about the 'romance'.

#20 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

Yes, the vigil practically screams ROMANCE ENCOUNTER HERE!!!

But we get Shandra instead. I really have to agree with the Mary Sue analogy with her-she rivaled Casavir for my least favorite character. As bad as it is for a female character, if you're a male, it all but yells that she's already in love with you and you with her, you can't tell her that you and Elanee are already an item-there are basically no opportunities for you to put her in her place, kick her out of the party, or otherwise say "Shut up, Shandra, or I'll shove a hellrime blast up your..."

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri