• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#201 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, Knux!

#202 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

I'd like to make a smaal comment on this whole discussion of an "in Crowd" at first glance to me the whole thing looked very "In crowded" because the same people were posting and replying and stuff but after a bit of "Research" (oo big word) it appeared to look like what it is a group of friends sharing the same intrest (kinda) and having great fun taking screenies. For a first time poster it does feel very daunting to place a humble pic between old timer like Sev and Floydian, but when I finally worked up the courage,with the aid of some Whiskey it was wel received.

what I'm meaning to say is there might be an in crowd but most people don't know that they're already inside.

Great Going, :coolthumb:
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#203 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

I'd like to make a smaal comment on this whole discussion of an "in Crowd" at first glance to me the whole thing looked very "In crowded" because the same people were posting and replying and stuff but after a bit of "Research" (oo big word) it appeared to look like what it is a group of friends sharing the same intrest (kinda) and having great fun taking screenies. For a first time poster it does feel very daunting to place a humble pic between old timer like Sev and Floydian, but when I finally worked up the courage,with the aid of some Whiskey it was wel received.

what I'm meaning to say is there might be an in crowd but most people don't know that they're already inside.

Great Going, :coolthumb:

I'm glad you decided to swig-n-post Yorkmaster, we're very happy to have you onboard :) I can see why people might think there's an "in crowd", and there is an in-crowd, but it's not exclusive. If you want to be in the in crowd, all you have to do is open your mouth and pariticpate. You don't even have to post anything, just comment on somebody's work you like. If you don't want to be in the in crowd, that's fine, but don't start complaining you're not in the in crowd.

There is absolutely no way someone can alienate you. The only way is for you to alienate yourself.

But I'm speaking too much on this as it is. Regardless, it's nice to see you here, and welcome to the forums. Have a beer :cheers:

Edited by SeV, 10 May 2007 - 03:04 PM.

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#204 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

You know what?

I think this should be bolded, put in red text, in size 16, and stuck at the top of every thread. Beautiful and simple way to say what should be obvious after a single conversation with any one of the people here.
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#205 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

You know what?

I think this should be bolded, put in red text, in size 16, and stuck at the top of every thread. Beautiful and simple way to say what should be obvious after a single conversation with any one of the people here.

Agreed. Perfectly stated.