Elder Scrolls/Thief doodles

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

Well... I hope I'm doing this right. I'm new to these boards - I came with the Oblivion hoards (hey, that rhymes!) - but the mods have been encouraging us to participate in other areas of the forum, so I'm breaking out!

I've been playing the Elder Scrolls games ever since Arena was released 11 years ago, so it's always been one of my main fandoms. One of the characters I always loved was Morgiah, who turned up in TES II: Daggerfall, but much to my annoyance didn't get any cameos in the later games, even though her brother and mother did. She's a dark-elf princess who's got all kinds of nefarious contacts, including the famed necromancer, the King of Worms.

Posted Image

I'm not very happy with the background on that one, because I suck at landscape.

A WIP:

Posted Image

A scribbly one of the King of Worms, meant to convey more movement (my style is pretty static and boring, usually):

Posted Image

And, uh, yeah:

Posted Image

I'm only just getting into Oblivion art; I'd love to draw Martin, but I don't quite feel up to it yet. This is a sketch of my PC, Shamanih, a half-Redguard half-wood-elf mage-piratey-thiefy type person. I wanted to give her a sort of Egyptian look - her skin will be quite dark, but her eyes will be green. Thoughts? Criticism? (Sorry about the bad quality - it's a digital photo; my scanner packed up last week.)

Posted Image

I don't know whether any of you have played it, but I'm also in love with the Thief series. Garrett, the protagonist, is just sex on legs and also very cool. I've made two attempts at him so far. This one I wanted to make very blurry, with just the electronic eye (that's the green gleam) and the stolen necklace leaping out:

Posted Image

This one I did using some really posh pencils, that come out like wax if you press hard and blend. I wanted the two light sources to be the main point of interest in this; the moon above, and the streetlight below:

Posted Image

I hope this isn't too many pictures to have all in one post! I'd just like to say, as well, thank you very much to all of you for making us newcomers feel so welcome. It's very much appreciated! :)
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

Really nice art there, like the last one one in particular. Very nice. ^_^

#3 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

Doodles? You call these DOODLES? You, my dear, are extremely talented, and I'm *so* happy to see you posting here! Your drawing are absolutely fantastic and beautiful! I hope these won't be the only drawings you'll show us. :D

I love the dress designs in the first two - very beautiful and feminine. :) I also think your Garrett depicts him really well. Nice work with the light and shadow in the last one - two light sources can be really tricky, but you managed to make it work.

Yaaaayyy new artists! :wub: Please post more! And do give Martin a try, I would love to see your take on him.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#4 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

Wow, thanks a million! I never expected such a positive response so soon :wub: I've done quite a few other dress designs - can you tell I'm a fashion, junkie, too? :D - but they're usually all for Morgiah, and there's only so many red dresses on some grey-skinned chick you can stomach after a while. Also, they were done quite a while ago and they look sort of childishly-done now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm aware that they look a bit immature, but I was still finding my feet. I'm trying to work harder on anatomy now, rather than just focusing on clothes, so that when I start doing costume designs again, they'll look more natural. The WIP in my first post is an example of that - I was really trying to fit the clothes to the body, not the body to the clothes.

I'd love to try Martin one day! I will try and make him look like Sean Bean, though... and then god help us all :D
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#5 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

:blink: WOW! your drawings are absolutely beautiful Rumms! I had no idea you were so talented! I didn't even know you were a little artist! :wub:

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#6 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

Thanks SeV! :D I love how you always use 'little'. I'm a tiny, tiny artist! Teeeny!

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#7 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

:o They look very nice. You have been hiding your talent from us :lol:

#8 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

Wow! Really great Rumples! I can't belive you hid this lovely stuff from us for so long!

#9 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

Very wonderful Rumpleteasza, I wish I had half your talent. :cheers:

#10 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

:o
Amazing! :Bow:
CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#11 lemonio

lemonio
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:16 PM

wow.
wow.
wow.
and i thought my stick figures were beautiful!
Twenty-two astronauts were born in Ohio. What is it about your state that makes people want to flee the earth?
-Stephen Colbert

#12 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

Very nice work indeed! I especially like the first (black and white) Thief drawing! :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#13 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

That first one seems to have the most goin' on, very nice :) . I love the dress designs on that second set, as well.
(I like parentheses.)

#14 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

Oh Wow.

Great stuff, rumples!

You're not a tiny artist, rumples, mate ;) You're bloody great one! =D

I wish I had even half your talent. :<

#15 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:14 AM

Absolutely adore the black&white thief drawing... you've captured something there! Absolutely amazing, and can't *wait* to see more... :D

#16 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:52 AM

Thanks so much, everyone! I expected to have to answer to some problems, but all I can really say is thanks! :lol: I really appreciate your kind words. xxx

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#17 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:48 AM

LOVE them ALL!! Truly truly amazing. Each one has life, and character - and I actually really like the background in that first one.

#18 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

Wow, you're not only a beautiful woman and a great screenshoter, you're also a talented artist ! Beautiful works there :new_thumbs:
Posted Image

#19 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

I'm not familiar with the source material, but this is some nice stuff.

This one I wanted to make very blurry, with just the electronic eye (that's the green gleam) and the stolen necklace leaping out:

This one kind of reminds me of a song. (Which is probably a good thing, by the way. :P )

#20 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

Wow, you're not only a beautiful woman and a great screenshoter, you're also a talented artist ! Beautiful works there :new_thumbs:

Made me blush! Thanks CB :blush:

I'm not familiar with the source material, but this is some nice stuff.

This one I wanted to make very blurry, with just the electronic eye (that's the green gleam) and the stolen necklace leaping out:

This one kind of reminds me of a song. (Which is probably a good thing, by the way. :P )

Thank you for your comments, but the link doesn't work! :( What song is it?

The King and I
The Emperor and I