Photo

Haer'Dalis Romance add on?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Haer'Dalis romance? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

And what do YOU think?

1. Yes, I would love that! (30 votes [50.85%])

Percentage of vote: 50.85%

2. I would play it if it would be done. (17 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

3. I am not interested right now but perhaps... if it would be written well... (4 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

4. I don't care. (7 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

5. I don't think so/you are not a suitable person to write this. (1 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Vote

#1 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

Not really volunteering for writing. I would just like to know how many people would be interested. If many, then, perhaps... But I would like to know who/what/why/how would want/like, because I am not starting something just to say that I resign on one point or another... ( I know what it is like to see the project you were waiting for abandoned...) When I begin something I usually complete it as well... Only it may take some time, but, well, what doesn't XD? So, anyway, let me know what do you think on that matter... And I will busy myself with writing friendtalks and wishful thinking for now:).
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#2 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

There was a similiar project at G3, thought it is halted at the moment... just to let you know

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:41 AM

I'd play it!

#4 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

And there is a girl working in a Haer'Dalis Romance. In the G3 HD romance discussion thread somebody put a link to that girl forum. So, a HD romance is being done but it doesn't matter, if you feel like doing it, just do it. I personally think that it cannot only exist one romance mod for each Bioware npc. Let's say, there are three Nalia romance mods: LuvNalia, D'Arnise romance and Auren (even Chloe mod tell something about Nalia's sexual inclination) and nobody has complained at all.
So do it, and do a friendship path too for male players to enjoy!
Good luck!

Edited by Magnus_025, 09 May 2007 - 12:46 AM.

Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#5 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:12 AM

Definitely not a bad thing. I'm not H'D's biggest fan myself, but more romances = good. It's not high-priority for me, but I know he has a lot of fans who would absolutely love you if you did it.

#6 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:58 AM

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, there isn't enough love in the world! Always room for another romance.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#7 Mordokai

Mordokai
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Let me put it this way. Being a guy myself I'm not exactly a fan of romancing other guys. But, at the same time I would like to try what it feels like. So, if I have to choose between Anomen and Haer'Dalis I would certainly pick H'D over that wannabe paladin. So, if it's well written I will give it a shot. And I also agree with berelinde.

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

My vote is "yes, but I'd warn you against an excessive use of ellipses right away". I'd take a wild guess and say that people will download it regardless when it is done, no matter how many other Haer'Dalis Romances(abandoned, actively in progress or completed) might be there.

#9 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:01 AM

Yes, I would love that. Gotta love bards... :D

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#10 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

The Haer'Dalis Romance over at Gibberlings was abandoned some time ago, as far as I know, and more romances are always welcome.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#11 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:29 AM

There was this Kania who decided to write HD romance after JPS abandoned it. Wonder what happened with that...

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

There was this Kania who decided to write HD romance after JPS abandoned it. Wonder what happened with that...

http://andrey.ws/for...hp?showtopic=70

Better two mods than none, I would say.

#13 -Ulfhyldr-

-Ulfhyldr-

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

Kulyok, it seems to me that this link is inactive now... But maybe, I'm not right :rolleyes:

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

Alatariel, it looks like you've got nothing but encouragement. Are you going to do it? :D

If so, maybe that part could be added later, get the HD friendship part out first, then worry about the romance.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

I myself hate bards, but let me put it this way, would I download it, Yes!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#16 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

Yes, it's inactive - the server has probably died down or whatnot. But anyway, I am sure there'll be an announcement if/when it is finished, so.

If Haer'Dalis done by me works for you, you could play it in Romantic Encounters very soon(and then again, it could be expanded into a full romance) - another opportunity.

All in all, the more Haer'Dalis romances, the better, I've always said so. Especially since the current number is zero.

#17 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:35 PM

Never really liked Haer'Dalis too much, to much ramble about doom and entropy for me. :(

Still, I'd say this mod would be great, and the thing I'd be most interested in, is the conflict between the PC and Aerie, and maybe Raelis Shai (that how you spell it?) if she makes a guest appearance at some point. Since after all, it is hinted its more than friendship between the two bards. ^_^

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#18 Ulfhyldr

Ulfhyldr
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:26 AM

Well, there must be something to do with Raelis. Though we don't know exactly if there really was anything between them! Maybe that final HD-RS dialog was written to let the players know that there won't be a romance with PC? Well it's just one of my crazy ideas, but they say that HDR had been planned in the game but then cut because of lack of time... :whistling:

Anyway, HDR is one of the best mod ideas I've ever heard about! Aye, that's the thing I'm REALLY looking forward to! I've tried several romance mods like Sola or Xan (We're all doomed! - What a wonderful Goth Xan'd be in the real life! :devil:), but indeed I'd love to try HDR! So, is anyone going to DO something? Will our lovely sparrow ever be ready to fly?! <_<

Sing with the wind.

#19 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

I would love to have a romance with Haer'Dalis. :wub: But is it really going to happen this time?
Just arrived from The Inn of the Prancing Pony

#20 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Ah....the haunted, misty and curse ridden land of possible Haer'Dalis romances.

I would love a Haer'Dalis romance.

When I first played BG2 I didn't have Anomen in the party or even know he was the only romance. I kept expecting the twin bladed bard to start wooing my pc, only to have him making eyes at Aerie. My pc was crushed and kicked them both out in a fit of pique.
(If there ever is a romance, I hope the pc gets an opportunity to pull that blond elf's hair. :devil: )
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard