• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

#1 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Some Specific Posting Guidelines (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)
Welcome! This thread encourages people's feedback about whatever is posted here. However, any criticism of presented screenies, character ideas, stories, etc., should be very specific and constructive. This kind of criticism is a great way for us to learn and improve our skills.

However, due to some extreme and abusive criticism around the time of our 50th (original) thread (which was thankfully cleared out by a moderator), it became necessary to post the following:

NO criticism should be directed at the PERSON - only at his or her WORK.

Also, whatever criticism is presented, it should NOT be negative in general terms - such as, "That screenie is really lame." This type of non-specific criticism only insults and does not provide any help whatsoever. Or even worse, this kind of criticism: "You are a silly man with a silly idea." If you really must say something negative to someone outside of this simple "code", keep it off this thread!

Another bottom line rule on this thread we have learned over time: If you find a post really offensive, REPORT IT AND IGNORE IT! The moderators know how to quickly deal with any such situation, and will remove any offensive posts, if they are actually offensive. Arguing or making demands regarding the post, invariably ends up worsening the situation, and can even result in all involved parties getting a warning.

Also, some posts can be too vague and subject to interpretation - so please word your posts very clearly to avoid any misunderstandings, especially if they are critical in nature.

Regarding receiving comments or not receiving comments to your post:
Comments are hit or miss on this very fast moving thread. This thread moves so FAST that it is hard for lots of us to comment on peeps' screenies. So many, if not most screenies may appear to go unnoticed, because no comments occur. I am sure many of us have worked hard on something, and it appears to just fly by the pages, because of this very popular thread. Many of us try to take time to comment because it is fun to give others feedback and generally seems appreciated. But often no one does. If you really feel like it always happens that your post is ignored, ask a question about it. Whenever you directly ask about something, it is almost always answered by someone. Or even repost it - and point something out about it that you like or want feedback on.

And the best way to get comments? Positively, constructively/specifically comment on others work too!

Alright! Glad that is out of the way. Have fun and thanks for your contribution to this thread!

(Written by greatfool1 with direction from other contributors to this thread. Please PM greatfool1 if you do not agree with any part(s) of this.)

P.S. Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Prior thread (#5) here

#2 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

New keyblades......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

@ Treetop - The funny thing is, I know the name of all of those keyblades and I don't even have the mod! I just wish the key-chains were animated!

Do look nice though! :cheers:

#4 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

Nice!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#5 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

New keyblades......
<hot>

why yes, I do think she's one of the sexiest characters around treetop...

oh wait, what was the question? keyblades? what keyblades?

Edited by SeV, 09 May 2007 - 07:54 PM.

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#6 DIE 75

DIE 75
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

LMAO!!!

These threads move so fast that by the time I finished this post, a new thread had begun!

Sorry for bringing pics back from the last thread but it took me so long to do this post I just had to get it in here... :)

http://i179.photobuc...l001/V_Meh2.jpg
He plundered the Ayeleid city...
http://i179.photobuc...il001/V_Meh.jpg
...and claimed his prize!

Q: Was it worth the cost in Drothmer blood?

A: Probably maybe yes.

Great stuff Grimbot; the goat head is sweet!

http://i18.photobuck...ofTopJog007.jpg

Really like this one, top-notch kitty there Spike.

http://i59.photobuck...riaBonemold.jpg

I really liked this one, she quite beautiful but a little intimidating.

didnt get time to play :( but did fiddle with one of my fav gwen pictures in paint shop pro:

http://i166.photobuc.../Gwen/GI029.jpg

Wonderful job. I'm going to have to try messing around with some shots in Paint Shop.

The Sunset

Picturesque

Ayakana

Really nice ones here, I may have to thieve these for my desktop.

Hey, how do You guys like Adel's new looks?

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :blink:

[<SNIP>]

highpressure's retextures are very nice. The purple matches her tattoos!

Very nice match, great shot.

http://img.photobuck...04-25-39-43.jpg

Excellent shot, very tasty!

You don't want to get sent to detention at this school
[<SNIP>]

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries
[<SNIP>]

LOL, nice shots and I'm a big Monty Python fan so the quotes were great!

http://i117.photobuc.../Radarsha17.jpg

Great shot, that Clouded Khajiit totally kicks ass!

god this screenshot thread deal is way too fast here :P.
oh well, 1 screen for now:
http://i29.photobuck...reenShot376.jpg

Tremendous shot, I will probably steal this one too.

I've been going crazy retexturing stuff lately, and today I learned how do recolors:

http://xs315.xs.to/x...93/Recolors.JPG

Really nice recolor, I like the dark purple with the green design.

From Vvardenfell he came :D

Cheers !

I freakin' love that bonemold! Is that armor available?

My Tabaxi getting ready to eat dinner :D

She is completely covered with fur but I will still do a nudity warning.

FUR COVERED NUDITY

I really like that one, very animalistic!!!

http://i179.photobuc...13-46-03-66.jpg

Another desktop worthy shot SeV. Do you remember that location?

Now I know I've posted this pic quite a few times over these threads but I haven't played Oblivion in a bit and still find this to be my best screen ever:

Hunting in the Jerralls...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

@ DIE75: Love your samurai monkey, he's one of the most creative characters we have around here =)

I think of Wrye every time I see him... although I think Wrye is a non-violent monkey..as long as you don't touch his bananas....

it's part of unique landscapes, I don't know which one though since I installed them all :\ If you travel to skingrad's east gate, and then walk out and go south-east, mostly south, you'll run into that one Ayleid ruin that you have to raid as part of your mage's guild initiation

#8 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

I freakin' love that bonemold! Is that armor available?

Yes it is :) Ghogiel made a ressource pack of his stuff, here's the link to it. I'm waiting for necron to also release the stuff he made and I'll do a mod with everything they made :P

@Treetop:
Good lord.... this girl have big....keys ! :unsure:
Posted Image

#9 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

@ Treetop - The funny thing is, I know the name of all of those keyblades and I don't even have the mod! I just wish the key-chains were animated!

Same here Hector :) Out of curiosity where did you get those keyblades?

Edited by Karandras, 09 May 2007 - 08:07 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#10 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

Same here Hector :) Out of curiosity where did you get those keyblades?

Keyblades for you mate ;)
Posted Image

#11 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

@ DIE75: Love your samurai monkey, he's one of the most creative characters we have around here =)

Agreed. I'm a huge Martial Arts fan too. So any and all related screens impresses me! :)

@ Treetop smoker: She's holding the key to my heart! :) Wait! It's a key blade, I might get stabbed! :crying:

A few Trevaia poses...No violence this time. B)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by highpressure, 09 May 2007 - 08:35 PM.

#12 Grimbot

Grimbot
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

He had received the sign, and knew what he must do. How strange to be helping the Empire he'd so recently sought to destroy... but there seemed no other way to stop the Dremora hordes.

Posted Image

And so Valken traveled in search of the cavern he knew he must go to, and, not wanting to reveal Main Quest spoilers, he put pictures into mighty links.

It was not long before he found them.

Whock!

Gurgle!

"I know sermonizing when I hear it. And the only thing worse than sermonizing is bad chanting!"

"Ah, the quarry at last!"

More to come!

Edited by Grimbot, 09 May 2007 - 08:40 PM.

#13 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

Nice!

New keyblades......
<hot>

why yes, I do think she's one of the sexiest characters around treetop...

oh wait, what was the question? keyblades? what keyblades?

@Treetop:
Good lord.... this girl have big....keys ! :unsure:

@ Treetop smoker: She's holding the key to my heart! :) Wait! It's a key blade, I might get stabbed! :crying:

Thanks for the kind words guys !
@ highpressure: Awesome shots !! :)

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 09 May 2007 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image

#14 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

Thanks again for the very warm welcome! :wub:

Hi Cosmic-Banana and Die75 - good to see you here too!

Great shots flying by! Very nice, Treetop!

Edit: And there goes some more by highpressure and Grimbot! Cool as always!

I hope we have separate threads soon for Comments. But in the meantime, profound considerations seem par for the course here:

:lol: I got a female's opinion, she said D's :P That's judging by the body-to-tits proportion hehe....
G as in "Golly, those are Nice Tits"

*Waves hand, jumps up and down* Ohhhh, me, me! Pick meee!!!
My educated guess? Exnem's is 34FF-G. Reason being several things: one, 70% of women wear bras with too small a cup and too large a band, so most tend to underestimate size when judging others. Two, once the cup size goes up, the classification of band size actually decreases because it's worked out based on ratios between the two measurements. So if that same size body had b cups, it would probably be a band classification of 36. Because the bust is bigger, the band classification goes down to a 34 or even a 32, even though the actual circumference of the torso remains the same.
Stop looking at me like that!

:ROFL:
I really must put this in the Screenshooter's Guides. Wait, this is more about Character Development! SeV - I hope you added this in your Development Guide!

I was wondering. If I painted fur texture over the nipples on my Tabaxi whould shots of her still be considered nude? Her lower area is already fured over. She is just a wild and primitive character to me so I could see her running around in nothing but her fur.

gf1: Another example of a very excellent question we would never ask over at TES. This is really warming up my cockles! What a great place!

Layla: We have told you never to say that word "cockles" in public, gf1! We know it means your heart, but somehow you make it sound lower than that. Anyone else, fine - you, NO! Is there a moderator in the house?

gf1: Yeah! Hector! :ROFL:
Layla: My Hector is a moderator? :o
gf1: Well, not IG Hector, but yeah, Hector is a moderator here! Let's go see him now! Hey Layla, look at this - a story by Hector below!

Layla: No way I am looking at that! IG Hector broke his promise to me, and now has THREE female companions from what I could see last night. And those were probably just the girls on the night shift!

gf1: Come on, Layla - I am certain those ladies have been sent away by now. IG promised you a big date and I think he would really like you to surprise him right now! [gf1 to himself: My evil plan to keep Layla all for myself is working. When she sees what IG Hector has been up to during her absence, my mission will be accomplished! :devil: ]

gf1: Look Layla, through this portal - IG is so huge, you can't miss him! I don't see anyone else so far...
Layla: Let me see - maybe Iggy is remembering his solemn promise to me and is just in there waiting for me....

A little short commedy story -
"Hey, Hector! Ya know, Pip, Jade and my self have been thinking, you have been looking out for us for quite a while, so we decided to get you a gift and a room in Luther's!" Nina yelled! "Ah? How...thoughtful. (What are these shrews planning? Hector though to himself.)" Hector told her. "Oh, Its no problem Hec! It was my idea!" Pip said, being her bubbly little self. "Well, come on big guy! We gotta give you that gift, ya know!" Jade told him.

"Yes, I am Nina, we talked this morning." Nina told Luther. "Ah! I'm not that old you know! Up stairs, first room on the left." Luther told her.

Luthers has a cozy little quality to it.

"Pip, do you still have his "gift"? Nina asked Pip. "You betcha, they wouldn't be able to get this pretty little thing away from me unless I was dead." Pip said. "Shhh! He is going to hear you, Pip!" Jade told her.

"Here you are Hector, it is quality made and very expensive!" Pip said giggling. "Ah, well thank you Pip (Maybe they are just being nice for once!) I appreciate it, you know this is a really light...." Hector stopped when he opened the bag. "Oh, hell no. This had better be for one of you." Hector told the three. "Nope, its to big for any of us!" Nina said. "This thing is NOT BIG ENOUGH to fit me!" Hector snarled. "Oh, come now Hector, that isn't polite! The least you could do is try it on, I mean we did spend our money to buy such a nice gift for you. And besides, if you don't do it, we will keep asking you. When you try and have a drink, light your pipe or read a book!" Jade said

"Grr.... You all play so innocent, but your demons! Demons in cute disguises!" Hector shouted. "Fine. But hands were I can see them, you can look but don't touch, you lot make me so mad...." Hector told her. "I don't even know why I do this for you three!" Hector said. "Oh-oh! Pick me! Pick me! You do it because you like to be a giant man-toy for the three of us!" Pip said laughing. "Oh, you are the worst of all! The smallest one is the most devilish, you know what, I'll be this was your idea, Pip!" Hector told her. "Hehe sure was, but I'm not the biggest trouble maker right now!" Pip laughed!

"Grrr....damn shrews. Gift for me my ass. Which by the way, is HURTING this thing is too damn tight" Hector thought.
<SNIP>

gf1: :ROFL: :ROFL: This is very funny stuff, Hector. I never thought I would see IG Hector in such attire! Btw, there really should have been a HUGE WARNING there!!! A guy dressed like that is WAY over the top! So, come on Hector, what did you do with our actual moderators? Are you really one of our moderators now? :ROFL: I love this Forum!!!

Layla: OMG those women are still there - and they are SOOOO beautiful! I can hardly blame him, but I will anyway! I am so out of here now! Goodbye forever, IG Hector!

gf1: Damn, IG is the man! Those gals are awesome. I wonder if he is pimping Pip? She would be a handful, I bet!
Layla: gf1, get away from there! You are a friggin keyhole pervert! Plus, it's my turn! What are they doing there now? Man, that Hector is such a hunk! And huge!

gf1: What happened to "Goodbye forever, IG Hector?" It's still my turn, Layla! OMG, they got him in a friggin thong? That is crazy stuff! I kind of feel sorry for IG Hector... NOT! Anyone crazy enough to take on more than one woman, deserves to have their ass dental flossed!

Layla: And they are all raising their hands to see who goes to sleep with him... :( Now I am really sad, gf1. Every time I think I may have found someone, something always happens... Now IG is history. :( :(

gf1: Yeah, that is really too bad... Let me hold you, Layla. :devil:

Layla: And gf1, you always seem to be there for me right at the end too. Wait a minute! The same thing with Lucien, and all the others! gf1, I know you cannot be so twisted as to have the hots for me, as I am human, and no one has yet determined what you are. Are you still getting those race results in, btw?

gf1: I think maybe I am a custom race... Come on Layla, I will take you home and tuck you in. You have a lot of work to do tomorrow too.
Layla: I am calling in sick. :(

Edited by greatfool1, 09 May 2007 - 09:36 PM.

#15 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

He had received the sign, and knew what he must do. How strange to be helping the Empire he'd so recently sought to destroy... but there seemed no other way to stop the Dremora hordes.
And so Valken traveled in search of the cavern he knew he must go to, and, not wanting to reveal Main Quest spoilers, he put pictures into mighty links.
It was not long before he found them.
Whock!
Gurgle!
"I know sermonizing when I hear it. And the only thing worse than sermonizing is bad chanting!"
"Ah, the quarry at last!"
More to come!

Very Nice Grimbot! Really feels like an afternoon at the Cinema, watching a great action flick with an engaging storyline! :coolthumb:

#16 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

Nice shots gang, keep 'em coming. :cheers:

Posted Image

:Tasty:

Just a random shot of the Bruma Chapel, I thought it looked rather impressive from this angle

Bruma_chapel.jpg

#17 Grimbot

Grimbot
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:45 PM

No kidding! I really like that character. She's got a lot of personality. And boobs.

Just a random shot of the Bruma Chapel, I thought it looked rather impressive from this angle

I think Bruma's one of my favorite cities. I have tons of old screenshots of my first character lurking Bruma Chapel.

Before I go to sleep, a bit more of Valken's Main Quest Spoilerama Adventure:

"Cannonball!"

Death from above!

"Say hello to Dagon for me!"

"You know what I'm thinking, honey?"

"I'm thinking I should probably get the eff out of here."

"Curse you, Valken! You haven't seen the last of me!"

"What the...?"

To be continued...

#18 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

New keyblades......
<HOTNESS>

Very nice shots. I wounder if those keys unlock her treasure :devil:

Really like this one, top-notch kitty there Spike.
I really like that one, very animalistic!!!

Thanks :) Your monkey is very cool. I think you are the only person I have every seen playing that race so that makes him very original :lol:

A few Trevaia poses...No violence this time. B)
<MORE HOTNESS>

How do those things stay in there :blink: Wonderful shots HP :clap:

Yes that is a very nice angle you got it at :)

<SNIP>

Great stuff Grimbot. I love his helmet :)

Edited by Spike4072, 09 May 2007 - 11:25 PM.

#19 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:52 PM

No kidding! I really like that character. She's got a lot of personality. And boobs.

I think Bruma's one of my favorite cities. I have tons of old screenshots of my first character lurking Bruma Chapel.

Before I go to sleep, a bit more of Valken's Main Quest Spoilerama Adventure:

"Cannonball!"

Death from above!

"Say hello to Dagon for me!"

"You know what I'm thinking, honey?"

"I'm thinking I should probably get the eff out of here."

"Curse you, Valken! You haven't seen the last of me!"

"What the...?"

To be continued...

Love it Grimbot, simply love it. That last shot is amazing!

Just three shots for rite now... well two angles of the same shot. Sorry for the lack of creativity but I've been racking my brains today trying to figure out why Oblivion keeps CTD. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating! :wall: Sometimes I hate this game more than I love it. MUCH more than I love it. Ah well....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haven't heard from Rumms today.... hasn't been the same :( Perhaps tommorow....

Edited by SeV, 09 May 2007 - 11:58 PM.

#20 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:10 AM

Just a couple from yesterday...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!