Photo

Need Help With. . .

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IfIHadARocketLauncher

IfIHadARocketLauncher
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

Okay, I will list the particular things I need help with in order of importance:

1.) Quest-Specific Areas for an NPC Mod

There would be most definitely two quest areas. One would only require to sub-areas while the other would require more than two sub-areas. I am debating doing a large project (I.E. an entire city that lies just outside Amn). I have virtually no idea on how to create areas, and if anyone could code for me, or provide me with codes, I would be very appreciative. I will provide the Quest description for which these areas are needed for upon request. These descriptions will be sent via site message. If you do not need quest description, rather just area descriptions, I will also do my best to provide you with a basic idea, also via site message.

2.) Racial Packages

Okay, this one isn?t so bad. I have been linked to seen a half-dragon character, Sheena and am going to study her files and scripts to see if I can create another racial package with racial benefit features. If anyone could give me an easy way to do this, or directly link me to Sheena?s stuff pertaining to this (that way I don?t have to browse), or would be willing to help make this racial Mod for me, I would worship you. Seriously.  I will provide racial name and the race?s special abilities upon inquiry and will send the information through site message. . .or any other preferred method of contact.

3.) Character Specific Items

Basically put, I have NO clue how to create items. I looked at the tutorial and it thoroughly confused me. If anyone knows an easier tutorial or is willing to lend their own codes for study, please give me the information. If anyone is actually willing to CREATE these items for me I would show immense gratitude. There would only be two items.

Edited by IfIHadARocketLauncher, 10 May 2007 - 05:08 PM.

Captain James Hook: No stopping me this time, Smee. This is it. Don't make a move Smee, not a step. My finger's on the trigger. Don't try to stop me, Smee.
Smee: Oh, not again.
Captain James Hook: This is it. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't you dare try to stop me this time, Smee, try to stop me. Smee, you'd better get up off your ass. Get over here, Smee.
Smee: I'm coming. I'm coming.
Captain James Hook: Stop me. This is not a joke. I'm committing suicide.
Captain James Hook: Don't ever frighten me like that again.
Smee: I'm sorry.
Captain James Hook: What are you? Some kind of a sadist?
Smee: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. How do you feel now?
Captain James Hook: I want to die.

-Hook

#2 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

1) Area making is much easier these days that it has been in the past, however, there are still very few people who can make areas. Your best bet is learning to do it yourself. Assuming you are unwilling to do that, post a full description of the areas you are after, along with some brief text on what the area is intended for, and see if anyone is interested.

2) There are several ways of accomplishing this. I'd suggest just checking over the mod you've been linked to, there are not that many files, and a little detective work should easily show you what you want.

3) Which tutorial did you read? Try reading others :) If you have specific questions, ask away, but other than that, open an existing item and just start changing things. The modding tools these days are quite intuitive.

Visit the IESDP