DM: Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.79b

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#81 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

1.63 Released!

1.63 - Fixed some CTD issues. Fixed some problems with stealing / picking up items. Guards will now go to speak to shopkeepers if the shopkeeper has seen you stealing their items, and the Guard will then know what you look like and be able to arrest you (so long as you are not wearing a Disguise.) Also fixes a problem with invincibility after going to jail. Made the Guard Configuration Ring a Quest item.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#82 -wolfpup-

-wolfpup-

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

So, does this have any issues with SPARTAN VI - Diverse City Guards?

#83 -Mistikman-

-Mistikman-

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

Is it possible for you to put a way in the configuration ring to fix the invincibility problem if it has already applied? I am having a bizarre problem with Oblivion regarding the combination of Windows Vista and a Laptop that causes me to lose console access.

I unfortunately saved over all my saves prior to accidentally becoming invincible in an older version of Reneer's Guard Overhaul.

#84 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

1.64 Released!

1.64 - Removed the feature of Guards knocking out the player, due to bugs. Will hopefully find a fix later. Corpse Carry now will allow you to carry actors through load doors (it works this time.) Fixed issue with default values not being applied to the game properly. Added in a new section to the Configuration Menu that allows values to be reset to defaults.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#85 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:17 AM

I used to get something similar with an earlier release, and have now started seeing it again. Not purple spell effects, but green. I'd just spoken to Ocheeva after being recruited in the DB and everyone in the Sanctuary was affected by an illusion spell as soon as I left the conversation with Ocheeva. In the top left-hand corner of my screen was a message. It repeated every 5 or so seconds.

Here's an image I managed to grab.

I exited to adjust my load order as it reminded me of a similar issue with Streamline when I first installed that. The recommendation was to load Streamline after other mods that change spell icons, as close to the end of the load order as possible. I've now done that with this one, but haven't gone back in to check if the problem is still happening.

Here's my current load order.

I'll re-download, see if the recent changes have helped. If not, I shall return :)

By the way, is it normal for the corpses to cry out when I pick them up and drop them? It made me think they weren't dead after all, just sleeping :huh:

8)

#86 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

I used to get something similar with an earlier release, and have now started seeing it again. Not purple spell effects, but green. I'd just spoken to Ocheeva after being recruited in the DB and everyone in the Sanctuary was affected by an illusion spell as soon as I left the conversation with Ocheeva. In the top left-hand corner of my screen was a message. It repeated every 5 or so seconds.

Here's an image I managed to grab.

I exited to adjust my load order as it reminded me of a similar issue with Streamline when I first installed that. The recommendation was to load Streamline after other mods that change spell icons, as close to the end of the load order as possible. I've now done that with this one, but haven't gone back in to check if the problem is still happening.

Here's my current load order.

I'll re-download, see if the recent changes have helped. If not, I shall return :)

By the way, is it normal for the corpses to cry out when I pick them up and drop them? It made me think they weren't dead after all, just sleeping :huh:

8)

To fix the weird spell effects issue, open up the Configuration Menu (using the Guard Overhaul Configuration Ring that is in your inventory - just equip it and then exit the menu) and use the Spell Compatibility menu's options until you find one that removes the effects.

And yes, it is 'normal' for the corpses to cry out when you drop them. I had to do it that way because otherwise Havok would get angry.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#87 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

Thanks will do that :)

#88 Cinnamon

Cinnamon
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

I accidentally found out that you can train your weapon skills by beating the corpses you carry with your spell. I dont have a problem with it if someone wants to exploit it, but I think it's silly and shouldnt be possible. :huh:
The Black Cat Jewelry Store - Daedric Statues
Decorate your home like never before with the Gods of Oblivion!

#89 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

I accidentally found out that you can train your weapon skills by beating the corpses you carry with your spell. I dont have a problem with it if someone wants to exploit it, but I think it's silly and shouldnt be possible. :huh:

Well, it is only possible because the corpses aren't technically corpses. To avoid Havok having issues (like corpses stretching off towards some random point) I had to kill them, resurrect, then paralyze. This is why, when the spell is stopped by using the Shift key, the 'corpse' cries out. This would be easy to fix by simply turning off the spell if the player has a weapon out. It's a minor bug and I'll fix it when there are more bugs to be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#90 Ladejarl

Ladejarl
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

Imperial guards ignore bandits attacking them or the player character when the mod is active.

#91 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

Imperial guards ignore bandits attacking them or the player character when the mod is active.

Make sure you have version 1.64a, Tessource only carries 1.62b which has that bug.

#92 -Mcfinnie-

-Mcfinnie-

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

I love this mod, but I've started a new character and when I'm in the arena, all of the one's I'm fighting scream "run away, don't hurt me!" and don't fight me. Has anyone had this bug before? And load order doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks for your time.

-Mcfinnie

#93 -Trademark-

-Trademark-

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

There's a bug in Reneers Guard Overhaul SI. When you kill jygilag you can no longer fast travel anywhere or enter any other cell or the game will CTD. A few people, including me had this problem on the Elderscroll forums. Unticking Reneers guard overhaul fixed the issue.

Would love to see it fixed ;)

PS: I'm trademark on ESF

#94 Ladejarl

Ladejarl
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:46 AM

Make sure you have version 1.64a, Tessource only carries 1.62b which has that bug.

I used 1.64a and I made sure it was loaded last.

#95 -Big Head-

-Big Head-

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hullo, will the latest version patch the older versions (or do I need to download a patch from somewhere)? I haven't installed the latest yet, just curious.

#96 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

Sorry for not responding to all of these posts sooner, but I was on vacation for the past two weeks and didn't have access to the Internet.

In regards to Arena / fleeing problems, I will look into that. Obviously it should not be happening.

SI CTD problem - I have completed SI with RGO running and had no problems with CTD issues. This leads me to believe that there is another cause for the CTD issues, though RGO could be a part of the problem, although I'm not sure exactly how.

For the problems with Guards 'not doing anything' you should reset RGOs variables using the Configuration Menu.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#97 Aorawn

Aorawn
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Not sure if you already know this, but you'll still get kicked out of Guilds if you're simply moving an item with Z.

#98 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Not sure if you already know this, but you'll still get kicked out of Guilds if you're simply moving an item with Z.

Huh. Did not know that. Annoying. Will fix it in a little bit.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#99 -Mcfinnie-

-Mcfinnie-

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

I may not say this enough, but thanks for fixing the arena combatants running away, and whatever else you have fixed... you are extremely creative and very talented. Keep up the great work.

-Mcfinnie

#100 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:35 AM

1.65a Released!

1.65a - Fixes to new infamy system. Fixed some problems with the Configuration Menu.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at: