Photo

DM: Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.79b

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#141 --Richard--

--Richard--

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:41 PM

I'm looking for a bit of help...This is a copy of a post I made on the official forums before I discovered you mainly check these.

So I installed this mod and decided to test it out some, I went out into the wilderness and found myself a guard walking along the road on his horse.

I wanted to test out how the Guards search the area if they're attacked from an unknown location.

I went into sneak mode, hid behind a rock so I wasn't beeing detected, and shot the guard.

The guard quickly climbed off his horse as was expected but, instead of searching around for me, he began to yell "Assualt Assualt" after about 1 second of this he just climbed back onto his horse and continued on his way.

I also DID read the RGO Readme and noticed that under conflicts it says something about how sometimes the guards in RGO don't react properly and how you have to use the configuration ring and click the Default Setting button then Yes. I tried this and it still didn't help. I also tried this, saved, and reloaded and this still didn't help.

This is what my load order looks like, incase it may be causing the problem.
I am correct in having both RGO.esp and RGO for SI.Esp both checked aren't I? Or am I just supposed to have the SI one checked since I have it?
I have also tried moving the 2 RGO esps to the bottom of my load order but obvisouly this didn't help, or else I wouldn't be posting here. :D

Oblivion.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
Mart's Monster Mod.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Vegetation_200%_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
Louder Nirnroot Sound.esp
IlluminationWithin.esp
BravilSeaDomes.esp
PJs Spell Compendium - Spell Requirements.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
Brighter_Torches.esp
KT_KhajEyeToggle.esp
Crowded Cities 15.esp
Quest Award Leveling.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Resized Races.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Undead Rise.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Creature Skins.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Blood.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Roads.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp
RenGuardOverhaul.esp
RenGuardOverhaulShiveringIsles.esp
GalerionUnarmoredAcrobatics.esp
GalerionLeveling-v11.esp
PersuasionOverhaul.esp
BountyReductionOverTime_mostwanted.esp
Aundae.esp
Aundae_OBSE_addon.esp
Level_Rates_Modified_x3.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Compatibility Patch - DLCHorseArmor.esp
Knights.esp
Thieves Arsenal.esp
Streamline 3.0.esp

#142 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

Don't know if this has been answered before, but is there any (fatal) confilct with the No Psychic Guards mod? I think these two mods could act together pretty well.

#143 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:46 PM

Don't know if this has been answered before, but is there any (fatal) confilct with the No Psychic Guards mod? I think these two mods could act together pretty well.

RGO and No Psychic Guards will function fine together - but RGO does everything that NPG does and more, so keeping NPG is unnecessary.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#144 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

Hi, I'm eager to use your fantastic sounding mod but with your mod loaded my game crashes every time when I try to load a save. Starting a new works fine, also running around a while (ext+int w/ guards and whatnot); but after quitting to desktop and reloading the last save the game crashes really every time... I'm using FCOM and Supreme Magicka, I heard these might conflict, till now I loaded RGO right after the FCOM Addons (FCOM UOP etc.) and before SM. Help would be thankfuilly appreciated,

cheers!

#145 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hi, it's me ^ again - could you tell me about the conflict concerning RGO/RCM & Supreme Magicka? Just out of interest and because I'm using RCM which worked fine till now...

#146 --chris--

--chris--

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

Hi, it's me ^ again - could you tell me about the conflict concerning RGO/RCM & Supreme Magicka? Just out of interest and because I'm using RCM which worked fine till now...

Try pressing tab and look at your inventory a few seconds and see if that works around that specific crash. i do...... I don't know why it crashes, but same crash here... don't know if it's renguard tho. might be helpfull if anyone would figure out precisely why it does this.

#147 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, it works when I load up the inventory menu immediatly after the loading screen ends... but I can't say why.

#148 Vonburen

Vonburen
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:16 AM

IMHO best thing to do would be reinstalling everything

#149 rutix

rutix
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

its probably awnsered already but i couldnt find it. Do the disguises only work for the ones you buy or does it also work for example if you wear the black hand armor ?

#150 -Mr. Tissue Box-

-Mr. Tissue Box-

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:30 PM

Could you by any chance make a version without a configuration ring? I find it a little immersion breaking to automatically have this ring added to my inventory.

#151 --jason--

--jason--

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

I'm looking for a bit of help...This is a copy of a post I made on the official forums before I discovered you mainly check these.

So I installed this mod and decided to test it out some, I went out into the wilderness and found myself a guard walking along the road on his horse.

I wanted to test out how the Guards search the area if they're attacked from an unknown location.

I went into sneak mode, hid behind a rock so I wasn't beeing detected, and shot the guard.

The guard quickly climbed off his horse as was expected but, instead of searching around for me, he began to yell "Assualt Assualt" after about 1 second of this he just climbed back onto his horse and continued on his way.

I also DID read the RGO Readme and noticed that under conflicts it says something about how sometimes the guards in RGO don't react properly and how you have to use the configuration ring and click the Default Setting button then Yes. I tried this and it still didn't help. I also tried this, saved, and reloaded and this still didn't help.

This is what my load order looks like, incase it may be causing the problem.
I am correct in having both RGO.esp and RGO for SI.Esp both checked aren't I? Or am I just supposed to have the SI one checked since I have it?
I have also tried moving the 2 RGO esps to the bottom of my load order but obvisouly this didn't help, or else I wouldn't be posting here. :D

Oblivion.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
Mart's Monster Mod.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Vegetation_200%_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
Louder Nirnroot Sound.esp
IlluminationWithin.esp
BravilSeaDomes.esp
PJs Spell Compendium - Spell Requirements.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
Brighter_Torches.esp
KT_KhajEyeToggle.esp
Crowded Cities 15.esp
Quest Award Leveling.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Resized Races.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Undead Rise.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Creature Skins.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Blood.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Roads.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp
RenGuardOverhaul.esp
RenGuardOverhaulShiveringIsles.esp
GalerionUnarmoredAcrobatics.esp
GalerionLeveling-v11.esp
PersuasionOverhaul.esp
BountyReductionOverTime_mostwanted.esp
Aundae.esp
Aundae_OBSE_addon.esp
Level_Rates_Modified_x3.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Compatibility Patch - DLCHorseArmor.esp
Knights.esp
Thieves Arsenal.esp
Streamline 3.0.esp

#152 Leaping Lizard

Leaping Lizard
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:01 AM

Hi Reneer im hoping you can help with this bug. Im running version 167d of the mod.

As soon as i start the mod i hear this constant banging noise. Its like somebody is using a battering ram against the city gates !

I run the game with Oldoblivion as my vid cards crap.

Only other mods i am running are OOO1.31 , Quickstart, Bankmod, and nomore flicker. Im fairly sure i just ran OOO and guard mod together and still got the banging.

Is their anyway to get rid of this banging ? Its an unusual bug and i heard of a few others have had this problem also.

Could it be something to do with Oldoblvion ?? or OOO ??

Is the banging noise also used for the menus of the guard mod ? (i thought they were but could be wrong. Disabling the menu noise could fix the problem. im a total non expert so what i just suggusted may be stupid)

If i use the configuration ring to turn the guard mod off then the banging noise stops. Of course as soon as i turn it on again the noise comes back :(

Thanks for making such a great mod, im very eager to use it for my main thief character. Hopefully this problem can be sorted out.

Im also only running the 1.5final patch for oblivion. (as oldoblvion will not work with 1.2 patch)

Edited by Leaping Lizard, 28 September 2007 - 06:08 AM.

#153 --Chris--

--Chris--

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:13 AM

Ofcourse it's not the best thing to do. I've had strange crashes all the time and solved quite a few by deleting certain plugins. and really i don't know why this crash happens. But installing everything anew and finding the crash is logical isn't gonna solve it. Maybe it has something to do with renguard, maybe it doesn't. Fact is i'm not going to kill/disable renguard as this simple inventory workaround solves the crash. I'm gonna stick around till it works like a charm. And if i happen to find the cause of this crash i will report it to whoever has to solve his errors. We'll just have to wait around and see if someone intelligent drops by who's able to kill that darn sucker. and with all the gazillion mods out there that could take a while or be today.

#154 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:18 AM

Ofcourse it's not the best thing to do. I've had strange crashes all the time and solved quite a few by deleting certain plugins. and really i don't know why this crash happens. But installing everything anew and finding the crash is logical isn't gonna solve it. Maybe it has something to do with renguard, maybe it doesn't. Fact is i'm not going to kill/disable renguard as this simple inventory workaround solves the crash. I'm gonna stick around till it works like a charm. And if i happen to find the cause of this crash i will report it to whoever has to solve his errors. We'll just have to wait around and see if someone intelligent drops by who's able to kill that darn sucker. and with all the gazillion mods out there that could take a while or be today.

And then again maybe it's solved already. Wasn't fish spawn disabled in ooo 1.32 rc3 hotfixes 0.5? something executes a script at this point which crashes oblivion. could very well be the fish spawn OOO thingy.

#155 Xplodzion

Xplodzion
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

This mod is awesome! thanks Reneer! :P

Edited by Xplodzion, 16 October 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#156 --Chris--

--Chris--

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

New version Cheers! Will try that bounty compat stuff. Hasn't worked yet.. Whatever i did admand cristof only gave me option to "work things out on my own". Lets hope it works!

#157 -Ethan-

-Ethan-

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

File Name: Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.69a
File Submitter: Reneer
File Submitted: 10 May 2007
File Updated: 31 Oct 2007
File Category: Gameplay Changes

Reneer's Guard Overhaul 1.69a
By: Reneer (says so in the title!)

This mod changes the Guard behavior by modifying how Guards react to player crimes. If you attack a guard, only that Guard will defend himself (no other Guards will attack unless they see the fighting.) If you manage to outrun the Guards, they will no longer chase you to the ends of Tamriel. If you are sent to jail, the guards will kill you rather than trying to put you back into your cell if you escape.

If you manage to kill all the Guards that witnessed your crime, that crime gold will be removed.

If you attack a Guard from long range and they do not immediately see you, they will begin to search for you. While searching they will recruit other Guards to help them search. If any of those Guards finds you (and you have your weapon out,) they will try to arrest you.

If a Guard notices that you are sneaking around, they will follow you closely until you stop sneaking around.

Each city now has its own crime gold - meaning that if you attack someone in Chorrol, the guards in Cheydinhal will not attack you because they do not know about the crime in Chorrol.

Different crimes will be remembered for different amounts of time (typically anywhere from one game day for stealing to seven game days for murder.) These values can be changed by equipping the Guard Overhaul Configuration Ring (it will be immediately unequipped) and exiting the Inventory screen.

To help with moving / hiding bodies, a 'Corpse Carry' spell (think of a Telekinesis spell that can only move dead corpses) is added to your inventory when the mod starts for the first time. Simply cast the 'Corpse Carry' spell at a corpse and you will be able to carry it. Just hit your 'Shift' (Run) key to drop the corpse where you want it. If the corpse doesn't fall down, use the Z key to have it drop (this is obviously a known bug.) If you are carrying a civilian (defined as an non-evil NPC,) Guards will try to arrest you, thinking that you (probably) killed the person you are carrying. So be careful.

If you hurt a guard badly enough, and there are no other guards to back him up, he will flee from you to avoid being killed.

Wanted Posters will now be posted in several different locations around Cyrodiil - currently they don't have any impact except to look pretty. In future versions they may change how NPCs react to you. They will only appear when your gold for a particular region goes above 1000.

There are Disguises that you can use in-game to avoid detection by the Guards for your crimes. These Disguises can be purchased at Jensine's "Good As New" Merchandise:

Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild, Imperial Legion, Nobility, Dark Brotherhood, Mythic Dawn, Blackwood Company, Blades, Imperial Palace Guards, Beggars, Bandits, and Necromancers.

Each disguise has its own crime gold, fame, and infamy stats attached to it. If you switch disguises, you won't have the bounty / fame / infamy that was on the disguise until you switch back to it. Also, you cannot change into or out of a disguise while you are detected by any other actor or creature.

If you are caught / go to jail while committing a crime while in Disguise and sent to jail, all the crime gold that is 'on' the Disguise will be put onto your 'normal' character (so you will have your 'normal' crime gold plus your Disguise crime gold.)

If you wear a Disguise that is associated with a certain faction (say the Mages' Guild,) and you are NOT already a member of the Mages' Guild, you will be 'initiated' into the Mages' Guild at the lowest membership level. This means that you can go into restricted areas of the Mages' Guild guildhalls without being thrown out. But there is a catch. If a high-ranking member of the guild / faction sees you (they are marked with an aura so you can avoid them,) they will call the Guards on you for impersonating a Guild member.

You are also able to bribe Guards to leave their posts. Say you want to rob a store, but there is a Guard sitting right outside. Just bribe him, and he will wander off. If he sees you committing a crime, though, he will still come after you.

Please note: This mod is NOT compatible with my Disguises mod.

Though I have tested this mod in several of my own saved games, running this mod could cause your save games to be corrupted, it could crash Oblivion, etc. If it breaks your game... send me a bug report!

Changelog:

1.69a - Fixed some minor errors. Added some additional checks on guards and crime-gold. Made a minor change to the Configuration Menu.
1.69 - Did a round of testing with RGO and OOO 'Full.' Did not use any OOO-Addons. Found no problems as of yet - everything worked as expected. Fixed some lingering issues regarding Guards and pickpocketing. Fixed some problems concerning civilians spamming voice messages.
1.68a - Fixed problems with civilians multiplying crimes committed by the player - crime gold should no longer fluctuate improperly. Fixed some problems with pickpocketing Guards and getting no response.
1.68 - Fixed some errors concerning civilians and stealing. Made some changes to fix problems between RGO and other mods. Changed 'Spell Compatibility' to 'Mod Compatibility' in the Configuration Menu, while adding in a new feature ? 'Bounty Compatibility' to the 'Mod Compatibility' menu.
1.67d - Corrected an error with the guards attacking the player on sight. Added extra options to the Configuration Menu to completely remove all crime-gold, both 'vanilla' crime-gold and the crime-gold RGO tracks.
1.67c - Fixed a problem with guards not attacking the player under certain conditions.
1.67b - Fixed some problems with civilians. Guards will now follow you if they see that you are sneaking. If you stop sneaking, they will walk away.
1.67a - Fixed problems found in 1.67. Bounty is now directly related to if a 'knowing' guard sees the player. The crime-gold from different guards stacks. Also worked on the Disguises system, and it should function properly once again.
1.67 - Changed code so that crime gold is more dynamic - if no 'knowing' guards actually see the player, then the player has no bounty. Fixed some problems with guards not properly stopping attacks (and trying to arrest again) if the player does not have a weapon out.
1.66c - Fixed some problems concerning attacking civilians. Also fixed a bug related to bribing guards.
1.66b - Hopefully fixed some problems that have been reported by users concerning the Configuration Ring.
1.66a - Fixed problem that occurred when alternate-start mods were used with RGO. Now RGO should function properly when alternate-start mods are used alongside RGO.
1.66 - Fixed some problems with NPC detection. Changed Thieves Guild Doyans result scripts so that they will remove all crime gold, from every city.
1.65a - Fixes to new infamy system. Fixed some problems with the Configuration Menu.
1.65 - Many minor fixes. Infamy should no longer increase if you kill a Guard or civilian and no one sees the crime (infamy is modified by the amount of murders that have been witnessed.) Made several additions to the Configuration Menu, some are pretty experimental and may cause problems if used (particularly turning RGO on / off.) Player will no longer be expelled from Guilds after picking up an item.
1.64b - Fixed messagebox issues. Fixed Arena / civilian fleeing issues.
1.64a - Fixed some messagebox issues.
1.64 - Removed the feature of Guards knocking out the player, due to bugs. Will hopefully find a fix later. Corpse Carry now will allow you to carry actors through load doors (it works this time.) Fixed issue with default values not being applied to the game properly. Added in a new section to the Configuration Menu that allows values to be reset to defaults.
1.63 - Fixed some CTD issues. Fixed some problems with stealing / picking up items. Guards will now go to speak to shopkeepers if the shopkeeper has seen you stealing their items, and the Guard will then know what you look like and be able to arrest you (so long as you are not wearing a Disguise.)
1.62b - Added in more Visuals to choose from in the Spell Compatibility menu.
1.62a - Fixed problems with Spell Compatibility. Supreme Magicka and RGO 1.62a should now play nice together - no more purple bubbles.
1.62 - Bugs in 1.61 have been fixed. Added Spell Compatibility, and fixed blackout issues. Also changed the way that civilians interact with Guards, and how civilians react to the player stealing their stuff. Guards investigating dead corpses has been disabled due to multiple problems.
1.61 - Fixed 'steal' bug.
1.6 - Major bugfixes. Changed how Configuration Menu is accessed. Added Bandit Disguise. Allowed Corpse Carry to work between load doors. It is now possible to pick up items without being arrested by the Guards or yelled at by shopkeepers. A patch for Shivering Isles has also been created that allows RGO to function properly in the Shivering Isles.

Click here to download this file

Dose this mod work with OOO?

#158 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:18 PM

Yes.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#159 --Chris--

--Chris--

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hey reneer, i got a remark. I had to disable your mod, no offense, but when walking too close to people they started screaming pickpocket guard your purses and stuff. you never know when a guard might see ghosts and start harassing you altho i didn't do crime. you have to commit crime tho to get rid of the guards :devil:. configuration ring resetting bounty even stopped working. The paying off fines with thiefs guild doyens just don't work. i see a message saying the "correct" amount of bounty, but i cannot choose to pay them off.
i'm using fcom and a huge list of other small mods, but thiefs arsenal doesn't change these scripts. also Reneers is loaded last. So i hope you know all this and if you do:"what a mess". Clean up, cuz i'm back to no psychich guards and regional bounty untill your mod works.

#160 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

Hey reneer, i got a remark. I had to disable your mod, no offense, but when walking too close to people they started screaming pickpocket guard your purses and stuff. you never know when a guard might see ghosts and start harassing you altho i didn't do crime. you have to commit crime tho to get rid of the guards :devil:. configuration ring resetting bounty even stopped working. The paying off fines with thiefs guild doyens just don't work. i see a message saying the "correct" amount of bounty, but i cannot choose to pay them off.
i'm using fcom and a huge list of other small mods, but thiefs arsenal doesn't change these scripts. also Reneers is loaded last. So i hope you know all this and if you do:"what a mess". Clean up, cuz i'm back to no psychich guards and regional bounty untill your mod works.

Thanks for the oh-so-constructive criticism. Download the latest version.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at: