Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

File Name: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.98
File Submitter: Reneer
File Submitted: 10 May 2007
File Updated: 20 Sep 2007
File Category: Gameplay Changes

Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.98
By: Reneer

This mod lets corpses decay - from 'normal' to 'zombie' to 'skeleton' to 'ash' then they disappear. This process will usually take two days for each decomposition stage. The time for each decomposition stage can be changed.

Zombies and Skeletons (only those that where once NPC Actors) will sometimes rise up from the dead! You can set the frequency of this occurrence and other mod settings by equipping the Corpse Configuration Ring that will appear in your inventory. The ring will automatically unequip itself after you equip it, and then you must exit your inventory to access the Configuration Menu.

Zombies will also continue to wear the armor and have the weapons that they had in life. Skeletons will also wear armor and use their weapons.

Though I have tested this mod in several of my own saved games, running this mod could cause your save games to be corrupted, it could crash Oblivion, etc. If it breaks your game... send me a bug report!

Changelog:

0.98 ? Fixed bugs with decomposition stages. Added more options to the Configuration Menu. Added in more textures for the zombies. Changed default settings.

Click here to download this file
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#2 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for sharing fox!

bbbbbrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnsssssssssss..................

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#3 -far327-

-far327-

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

Hi was wondering if the Major conflicts found in OBMM from your 2 mods - RGO and RCM should be of any concern? Here is the result of the conflict report....

[RenGuardOverhaul.esp] (Part of Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) - Active
EDID 'RenMagicPaintBrush' of record type MISC conflicts with 1 other plugin.
RenCorpseMod.esp (Record type: MISC) (Parent: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) (Active)
EDID 'RenMagicPaintBrush01' of record type REFR conflicts with 1 other plugin.
RenCorpseMod.esp (Record type: REFR) (Parent: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) (Active)
EDID 'RenPlayerMarker1' of record type STAT conflicts with 1 other plugin.
RenCorpseMod.esp (Record type: STAT) (Parent: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) (Active)
EDID 'ShadySam' of record type NPC_ conflicts with 1 other plugin.
TNR - ALL RACES FINAL.esp (Record type: NPC_) (Parent: TNR All Races Final 1.1.omod) (Active)

[RenGuardOverhaulShiveringIsles.esp] (Part of Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) - Active
No conflicts

[RenCorpseMod.esp] (Part of Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) - Active
RenGuardOverhaul.esp (Record type: MISC) (Parent: Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) (Active)
RenGuardOverhaul.esp (Record type: REFR) (Parent: Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) (Active)
EDID 'RenPlayerMarker1' of record type REFR conflicts with 1 other plugin.
RenGuardOverhaul.esp (Record type: REFR) (Parent: Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) (Active)

Big fan of your mods! They are among the few elite!

#4 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

Hi was wondering if the Major conflicts found in OBMM from your 2 mods - RGO and RCM should be of any concern? Here is the result of the conflict report....

[RenGuardOverhaul.esp] (Part of Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) - Active
RenCorpseMod.esp (Record type: MISC) (Parent: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) (Active)
RenCorpseMod.esp (Record type: REFR) (Parent: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) (Active)
EDID 'RenPlayerMarker1' of record type STAT conflicts with 1 other plugin.
RenCorpseMod.esp (Record type: STAT) (Parent: Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) (Active)
EDID 'ShadySam' of record type NPC_ conflicts with 1 other plugin.
TNR - ALL RACES FINAL.esp (Record type: NPC_) (Parent: TNR All Races Final 1.1.omod) (Active)

[RenGuardOverhaulShiveringIsles.esp] (Part of Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) - Active
No conflicts

[RenCorpseMod.esp] (Part of Reneer's Corpse Mod 0.97.omod) - Active
RenGuardOverhaul.esp (Record type: MISC) (Parent: Reneer's Guard Overhaul.omod) (Active)
EDID 'RenPlayerMarker1' of record type REFR conflicts with 1 other plugin.

Big fan of your mods! They are among the few elite!

This shouldn't cause a problem, but in the next version of RGO / RCM, I'll change the names to make them not conflict.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#5 -Cra2ytig3r-

-Cra2ytig3r-

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:24 AM

RenCorpseMod is having the same issues as RenGuardOverhaul with SupremeMagicka.
Will we see a fix for this soon?
I just LOVE that corpse mod!!!

#6 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

RenCorpseMod is having the same issues as RenGuardOverhaul with SupremeMagicka.
Will we see a fix for this soon?
I just LOVE that corpse mod!!!

I'll hopefully have a fix for RCM soon.

Edit: Uploaded a fixed version to SHS and PES.

Edited by Reneer, 13 May 2007 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

Does this still have the conflict with supreme magicka? I would check it myself but I'm at work at the moment... I'll check when I get home. Just asking in advance, thanks!

#8 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

Does this still have the conflict with supreme magicka? I would check it myself but I'm at work at the moment... I'll check when I get home. Just asking in advance, thanks!

It may or may not conflict. There is a compatibility menu, but it is not as robust as the compatibility menu in my Guard Overhaul mod. If I ever get a chance to update this mod, I will obviously make the necessary changes.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#9 hberri

hberri
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hi, Reneer; I'm a little confused about the installation of this mod.

I have 0.97, but never used it, I've just downloaded 0.98 intending to install the mod for the first time.

But 0.97 is three times the size of 0.98, containing a mesh folder not present in 0.98, and the subfolders in the textures folder are not the same as in 0.98, as well as the textures being named completely differently.

Is 0.98 meant to be installed standalone (because you've streamlined the mod radically), or should I install 0.97 and then 0.98 over it, because I need some of the files from 0.97 which don't exist in 0.98?

I was just really thrown by the big difference in file sizes between the new version and the old. Also wondering about MMM compatibility, but I figure that if that was a problem, somebody would have mentioned it by now, so I'm not too worried :) .

Anyway, thanks for the mod, and any help with the installation question.