Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
429 replies to this topic

#1 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Some Specific Posting Guidelines (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #7 here

Edited by greatfool1, 11 May 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Thanks GF1 :)

#3 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

Congrats on creating your first PoOC thread on SHS gf1!

#4 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

Thanks guys. I think that's it. A lot of linkages.

Should I post in the OP of the Pics thread that people can make comments in the Picture thread about prior screenies as long as they are also posting screenies in the same post? That is how we did Thread#100 and it seem to work out well. Not sure what we decided about this here though.

Edited by greatfool1, 11 May 2007 - 08:30 PM.

#5 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

Thanks guys. I think that's it. A lot of linkages.

Should I post in the OP of the Pics thread that people can make comments in the Picture thread about prior screenies as long as they are also posting screenies in the same post? That is how we did Thread#100 and it seem to work out well. Not sure what we decided about this here though.

Sure that sounds ok to me. If you have any more ideas about how the opening posts should be done let us know. You always come up with good stuff for them. :)

#6 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

Sounds good!

#7 DS Divine

DS Divine
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

I already can't wait for 100th thread in SHS :lol:

#8 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

Very very nice lighting on this one. Is it enhanced in anyway? Special environment mod?

@ Spike - I will look to rework the OPs a bit. This is a much friendlier environment, so I would think we can really cut down the OP - especially relative to criticism, etc. I will give it a go this weekend.

Another idea, maybe we keep the OP Posting Guidelines as it is, but put it somewhere permanent, and then link to it. Like we did on the T#100. It looks so much better to have a simple OP with just the links.

Edited by greatfool1, 11 May 2007 - 08:38 PM.

#9 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

@Luchair: Nice screenshots. Is that coat Eryn's wearing from Slof's Goth shop? Because, if not... there's a coat that looks A LOT like that one in SGS.

@Daiyoukai Ramza: Zomg, u n00b, with ur foppish pretty-boy.

Me: WHAT!?

*punches himself in the face for insulting his own screenshots* Take that!

*retaliates with a roundhouse kick to the chest* HI-YA!

*matrix fight ensues*

Hrm, perhaps that's taking self-criticism a bit too far.

This daily recommended dose of irrelevancy has been brought to you by Foppish-Os, the breakfast cereal that fops til you drop.

...somehow, that sounds a lot dirtier typed out than it did in my head.

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

You are quiet, understated, and a great comfort to all of your friends.
Over time, you have proven yourself as loyal and steadfast.
And you are by no means boring. You do well in any situation - from fancy to laid back.

Your best friend: The Turkey Sandwich

Your mortal enemy: The Grilled Cheese Sandwich

#10 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

Repost, since I managed to be unfortunate enough to tag the end of the last thread:

Some shots of Eryn...
<SNIP>

Yay for gravity defying clothing :lol:
Nice shots I like the look :)

Hrm, I'll respost my most recent screenshot as, along with a newer, ever-so-dramatic one.

Screenshot #1 (Repost) - I read these things for the articles... I swear.

<SNIP>

Screenshot #2 (New) - En Garde, Knave!

<SNIP>

Nice action shot :clap:

@ Spike - I will look to rework the OPs a bit. This is a much friendlier environment, so I would think we can really cut down the OP - especially relative to criticism, etc. I will give it a go this weekend.

Another idea, maybe we keep the OP Posting Guidelines as it is, but put it somewhere permanent, and then link to it. Like we did on the T#100. It looks so much better to have a simple OP with just the links.

Yeah I think we will end up pinning a rules and guidelines thread at the top of this screenshot section

Edited by Spike4072, 11 May 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#11 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

@Luchair: Nice screenshots. Is that coat Eryn's wearing from Slof's Goth shop? Because, if not... there's a coat that looks A LOT like that one in SGS.

@Daiyoukai Ramza: Zomg, u n00b, with ur foppish pretty-boy.

Me: WHAT!?

*punches himself in the face for insulting his own screenshots* Take that!

*retaliates with a roundhouse kick to the chest* HI-YA!

*matrix fight ensues*

Hrm, perhaps that's taking self-criticism a bit too far.

This daily recommended dose of irrelevancy has been brought to you by Foppish-Os, the breakfast cereal that fops til you drop.

...somehow, that sounds a lot dirtier typed out than it did in my head.

:ROFL:
Glad you are feeling very comfortable in the Comments thread!

gf1 to Hector - You being a moderator and all now, I think this could easily get out of hand. I am reporting on myself that I too am feeling very unsuppressed now about what I say here - I have been holding back out of respect for the pictures thread. However, I think I will be OK tonight because my dollies are moving their mouths and trying to call me to bed... :o :o :o All 3 of them! (Fortunately their speech is still turned off.) And please consider getting one for IG Hector. With your skills, you can readily transfer Layla's face to it.

Btw, I will link the Posting Guidelines on this thread to the prior pic thread to show you what I meant before.

@ Spike - if you get them pinned, let me know and I will link to it there. Same for the Pic thread. They will look something like the op here does now. Good night!

Edited by greatfool1, 11 May 2007 - 09:04 PM.

#12 shadowj

shadowj
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

would like to say cheers for the comments on my other piccies and glad I am approved of my slaughter pics. I got word of a murdering talking sword and so Brackus may have a friend soon ^^

Though...that can wait...me need sleepies and Brackus seems fine wrecking the place :P

and to the continue the laziness I'm just going to bundle everyone's screenies under Great and Fantastic and possibly "wished I could create screenies like that" :P anyways

#13 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

Very very nice lighting on this one. Is it enhanced in anyway? Special environment mod?

Atmospheric Weather System. I'm in love with this mod for some of the amazing skyscapes. :)

No, it came from the main BAB download (which isn't to say that they didn't lift it from SGS, but I doubt it). I've never used SGS myself.

Yay for gravity defying clothing :lol:
Nice shots I like the look :)

Thanks. :)

And those clothes aren't nearly as gravity-defying as Exnem's stuff. :P At least with the BAB body, the titties are small enough that it's almost believable they're held in place by a few wisps of cloth and a lot of wishful thinking. ;) That Exnem sorceress outfit, for example, just makes me roll my eyes every time I see it, especially if its wearer happens to be swinging a sword or somesuch...

#14 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

No, it came from the main BAB download (which isn't to say that they didn't lift it from SGS, but I doubt it). I've never used SGS myself.

AlienSlof is in the Bab credits for them :)

#15 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

AlienSlof is in the Bab credits for them :)

Well there you have it. :)

The trench coat is probably my new favorite article of clothing. Looks good over a bunch of other things - or nothing at all...

#16 LprMan

LprMan
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

This is the right place for this...I guess :unsure:

@LprMan: Hey, welcome, man (woman?)! You've got a lovely, very sunny looking character there in some nice poses. I'd like to see what else she's capable of.

Thank you.

Me = male, and I would like to take some action screens of her but I suck at that. I need more practice.

...and now I need to hurry to work :ph34r:

#17 The Raven Crown

The Raven Crown
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

Pfft, you can take action shots, so take them. For me, my current character is so weak that if he stops killing for a split second, he dies. Not that I'd actually remember that screenshots even excist during the excitement of fighting. XD

*Claps on good shots.* I like the en guarde.
Avatar: Grocax the Arch-Magus (Young version)

#18 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:40 AM

Omg, Nice Floydian1, Where did you get that mod from?

▐▐ 'Over A Year Without A Signature' - PoPc0rN 2006/2007▐▐

Posted Image

#19 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

Congratulations on such good-looking characters! But no matter how pretty a face I try to make for mine, she always looks like a pig in an armor and that battle stance. Phew.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#20 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:49 AM

Xiamara has imported some morrowind dresses she did to BAB, beta test link: http://canadianice.u...hp?topic=6144.0
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!