• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

Have some screenies... :)

Iylos' Joining dialogue (highlighted option courtesy of the lovely Jolyth!) -

Baldr000.jpg

Part of Iylos' first dialogue with the PC -

Baldr004.jpg

A dialogue with our darling Imoen! (I had to stop myself from writing more than this one, but I thought one wouldn't hurt... hope all you Imoen fans enjoy it!)

Baldr005.jpg

Part of a Sarevok banter (yes, he loves you too, pumpkin) -

Baldr006.jpg

Part of an Iylos/Viconia banter -

Baldr007.jpg

Another part of said banter (it isn't really as long as it seems, promise!) -

Baldr008.jpg

Nyalee interjection -

Baldr009.jpg

Part of Iylos' PID talk-menu -

Baldr010.jpg

Sendai's lair interjection! Yay spiders! -

Baldr012.jpg

Comments, criticism and the like are all welcome!

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:21 AM

Well, since you have Xan here, I have to say something.

First screenshot: a comma is missing after the second 'yes'.
Second screenshot: the second option looks somewhat awkward to me; perhaps "... you are hindering me in any way, you will be gone like a shot ..." -grammatically, "you are 1) hindering and 2) negative influence" do not work well together for me.

First two screenshots have an excellent choice of replies.

Third screenshot: I am sorely missing two replies: a leave-me-be/let's-talk-later/I'm-not-discussing-it-with-*you*-Imoen reply, and something that indicates surprise at her query: I mean, given the plot, Iylos must be the least of PC's worries, so why is she asking about him, not, y'know, The Five and stuff.

Sarevok screenshot: Whom is he addressing? In the original game, he treats neither Imoen nor PC this way, and there are no other Bhaalspawn there, are there?

Viconia: is there a reason for the stream of insults she is blubbering all of a sudden? Has he done something to her before, or harmed her in some other way?

PC-initiated replies: I am missing something I could relate to, something like "What do you think of our situation(The Five and Melissan)?", "Have you read about other Bhaalspawn in a monastery?" or similar. Something that would concern the PC.

All in all, solid work.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:47 AM

Well, since you have Xan here, I have to say something.

I have Xan in almost every game I create. I've never romanced him, but he's a great character, so... :) And thank you for the help!

First screenshot: a comma is missing after the second 'yes'.
Second screenshot: the second option looks somewhat awkward to me; perhaps "... you are hindering me in any way, you will be gone like a shot ..." -grammatically, "you are 1) hindering and 2) negative influence" do not work well together for me.

First two screenshots have an excellent choice of replies.

:) Changed in both cases.

Third screenshot: I am sorely missing two replies: a leave-me-be/let's-talk-later/I'm-not-discussing-it-with-*you*-Imoen reply, and something that indicates surprise at her query: I mean, given the plot, Iylos must be the least of PC's worries, so why is she asking about him, not, y'know, The Five and stuff.

Noted down, will add into the next version (or possibly v1.1).

Sarevok screenshot: Whom is he addressing? In the original game, he treats neither Imoen nor PC this way, and there are no other Bhaalspawn there, are there?

Iylos. That's a good point, I didn't realise it would imply he's speaking to a Bhaalspawn; changed to just 'blood boils from your veins!', unless anyone has a better idea. I always find Faerunian insults somewhat hard to write.

Viconia: is there a reason for the stream of insults she is blubbering all of a sudden? Has he done something to her before, or harmed her in some other way?

There's a bit of a lead-up to this; he absolutely despises her, and she him, though they - get along, I suppose. Iylos would rather die than fight her, for various reasons (which probably aren't terribly obvious in the mod itself - only if you really delve deeply in his PID, have Viconia in the party, and think about it a lot).

PC-initiated replies: I am missing something I could relate to, something like "What do you think of our situation(The Five and Melissan)?", "Have you read about other Bhaalspawn in a monastery?" or similar. Something that would concern the PC.

Great suggestions- will add into next release.

Edit: Those are only about 3/8 of the PID talks available; they appear somewhat randomly. :)

All in all, solid work.

Thank you! :cheers: