Posted Image

File Name: The Spirit Blade
File Submitter: nicoroshi
File Submitted: 20 May 2007
File Updated: 20 May 2007
File Category: Weapons/Armour

Readthis for The Spirit Blade

Reason for this mod:

I was looking at Daz studios website checking out the models for sale there for some ideas when I came across this blade in their free models section.

I liked the look of it so downloaded it, modified the files, and added it to my game for my character to use.

I have seen many cool sword mods, but nothing quite like this, and figured that a lot of players would also like to use this.

I e-mailed the sword's creator SpiritFoxy, and asked for permissions to add this to Oblivion.

She replied that she would be honored. :)

ALL CREDIT FOR CREATION OF THIS MODEL, AND TEXTURE GOES TO SPIRITFOXY.

Thanks to her for allowing me to share this with everyone.

Requirements:

Oblivion 1.2 or greater.

What This Mod Does:

This mod adds one Spirit Blade to the ayleid ruins of Kemen in a hidden room.

Kemen is located East of Cheydinhal.

Installation:

Unpack the 7zip. Open the files, and find the file labeled 'Data'.

Edit\Copy this data file to your Oblivion folder (where the Oblivion.exe is located).

When prompted to overwrite files with the same name answer "Yes".

Load the game and place a checkmark next to Spirit Blade.esp in the Data directory.

Play, and enjoy.

Un-Installation:

Remove the checkmark next to the Spirit Blade.esp in the data directory at game start.

All files are in folders marked 'Spirit Blade' in the meshes , and textures folders if you'd like to remove them (not needed).

Known Issues:

None that I know of as this is an original mesh, and texture not found in vanilla Oblivion or any other mod as the date of the writing of the readthis file.

Extras:
________

Within the files is a folder labeled 'Hints'. This contains pictures of the location of Kemen, and of the location of the sword within Kemen.

Use these (or not) as you see fit.

________

Big huge thanks to SpiritFoxy for creating the original mesh, and texture for this awesome weapon, and for granting permissions for me to convert it for use in Oblivion, and to release it.

Permissions:

Please contact SpiritFoxy for gaining permissions to use this file in anything other than re-release of the mod in it's original form.

Version history:

1.0 Initial Release

Click here to download this file