Photo

Quick question

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Escape1sm

Escape1sm
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:13 AM

I checked through the readme, but it dosent mention compatibility/or where in a mega mod it should be installed, could you clarify that for me plz?

Thanks
Escape
You're jealous 'cause the voices are only talking to me

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:28 AM

You can install it anywhere in a mega install, and it's technically compatible with the vast majority of mods (Zyraen hasn't found any incompatibilities yet, and none have been reported). Some NPC mods, if they have specific interjections in the Spellhold dungeons, might have these interjections skipped due to the nature of the mod, though.

But yeah, totally compatible with a mega-install. Probably place it somewhere near the end :)

#3 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Some NPC mods, if they have specific interjections in the Spellhold dungeons, might have these interjections skipped due to the nature of the mod, though.

Two little questions about this:
1. Are there any technical problems between Spellhold Gauntlet and Beyond The Law?
2. And if no, will i miss something important in spellhold or underdark? NPC interaction, quest - anything?

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

2. And if no, will i miss something important in spellhold or underdark? NPC interaction, quest - anything?

You will miss quite a few dialogues out of various NPC and NPC-related mods, some of them vital. Xan and Amber for sure, Kivan - certainly, given the plot; and there is a beautiful "Deheriana's portrait" dialogue you are bound to miss. I am positive there are others.

#5 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

No no, i'm asking about Kova and Kiyone only. Will i miss something from there quest? I don't care about other NPC mods ;)

#6 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

No. Maybe miss a few inconsequential comments and interjections, nothing important.

In fact if you continue to remain in the Gauntlet after your Slayer change, you're almost guaranteed to get their comments on your transformation. The same should apply for any other NPC Mods that comment on your transformation irregardless of the Area you are in.

Edited by Zyraen, 22 May 2007 - 11:16 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#7 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

Well I don't know if this is where I should ask this and maybe this mod isn't even to blame but after I installed it I did a new game and now my party is ready to go to Spellhold. I took the Aran route. Well I tell Aran I'm ready to go and he says great and then the cutscene comes...and then Bodhi is on the docks as if I took HER path! Weird! I reloaded and tried 5 or 6 times and it is always Bodhi on the docks and not Aran. Did this mod do somethnig to make this happen and if so and I can't change it back to what it should be would this screw up a romance that doesn't want you to take the vamp route?

Edited by Ankhes, 31 May 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#8 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Let me look into the bug and see if it happens for me as well ^^;; thanks.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#9 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

Thanks and I hope I'm not wrong about this I just remembered that I also installed Tower of Deception as well as this mod so I'm really sorry if this takes up your time for nothing. If I can post my weidu log I'll do that and hopefully in the right place!

#10 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:32 PM

Thanks and I hope I'm not wrong about this I just remembered that I also installed Tower of Deception as well as this mod so I'm really sorry if this takes up your time for nothing. If I can post my weidu log I'll do that and hopefully in the right place!

Check your PM ;)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#11 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:26 AM

Check your PM ;)

Thank you! It WAS easier than I thought thanks! Here it is -

Aha! Someone helped me find out how to post my Weidu log! Thanks so much and here it is -

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #27 // No Traps or Locks
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Crossmod Romance Conflicts
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-GREYA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Grey Acumen's Mime Kit
~SETUP-GREYA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Use Any Item
~SETUP-GREYA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Entangle
~SETUP-RBK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Riskbreaker kit
~SETUP-COM_ENCOUNTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chosen of Mystra's Encounters (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
~SETUP-AMDK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auramaster druid kit
~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V4 for BG2:SoA
~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Auren Portrait -> Portrait 1 (From Neverwinter Nights Vault)
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // EdwinRomance
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore Edwin's BG1 portrait
~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Romance ToB
~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // New ending for Viconia Romance by Laufey
~SETUP-EDWINFLIRTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Flirts 0.1b
~SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha v9 (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari
~SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saerileth Romance Mod v12 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin and Sillara
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Mage/Fighter/Cleric
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #6 // Select Kivan's Portrait -> Install Herd's Alternative Portrait for Kivan.
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v4
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Mage
~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Beyond the Law - Kova & Kiyone
~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Better Balanced BTL Items
~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ #0 #3 // Portraits for Minor Non-Joinable BTL NPCs
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Miscellaneous Enhancements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Additional Shadow Thieves Content
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-MORTIS_V23.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mortis_V2.3
~SETUP-HUBELPOT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Hubelpot Thistledown, the Vegetable Merchant NPC-mod
~SETUP-HUBELPOT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Optional kit 1 of 2, the Village Druid.
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate, Accelerated Ust Natha Route
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Statue of Riddles
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Transfer Yoshimo's XP to either Imoen or the Party
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #4 // Primary Nerfs - Reducing Overpowered Items
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #5 // Secondary Reductions - Instant Kill Reductions
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #6 // Periphery Tweaks - Less Noteable Items
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Remove Alignment Restrictions for all Items
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Expanded Spell Progression for Rangers
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #18 // Expanded Spell Progression for Bards
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Longhaired Female Elven Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Female Cleric and Druid Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Male Half-Orc Paperdoll
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Longhaired Female Human Fighter Avatars in Full Plate Armor
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Male Human Barbarian Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Male Human Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Female Human Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Male Monk)
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Female Monk)
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Female Human Rogue Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Male Vampire Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install Female Vampire Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Use Male Vampire Avatars for Human Male Thieves
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required)
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Baldurized Dialogues
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate portrait for Tashia. -> Tashia's Alternate Portrait 1 - Created by Amalthea.
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Default Kelsey portrait set by Wynne Lurty? (set 1 of 3)
~SETUP-DOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Desecration of Souls 2.6
~TIAX/SETUP-TIAX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tiax NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v1
~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)
~SETUP-RPGSOLAFLIRTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // The RPG Solaufein Flirt Pack for BG2 (Rated NC17)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spellhold Gauntlet
~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shortened Spellhold Cutscenes and Dream
~SETUP-NATHANIEL-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nathaniel Mod for BGII:SoA
~SETUP-NATHANIEL-SOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Solaufein Conflict
~SETUP-NATHANIEL-SOA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kelsey Content
~SETUP-FOXMONSTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Moddie, "the fox monster in your backpack"
~WORGAS/WORGAS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worgas

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

SPGaunt\Cut\Movie03d.baf -> should have Cut41b in the end.

Uninstall this component for now.

Edited by Kulyok, 06 June 2007 - 08:58 AM.

#13 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

SPGaunt\Cut\Movie03d.baf -> should have Cut41b in the end.

Uninstall this component for now.

Thank you! I'll try that tonight. : )

#14 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

Ankhes, I'd just like to point out that you have the beta version of Worgas installed, which could very well be causing the problem you're describing - it is a beta, and as I said in Worgas' thread there are more than likely going to be bugs. :) If what Kulyok described doesn't work, I'd post in Worgas' thread and I'll contact flysoup about it.

#15 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ankhes, I'd just like to point out that you have the beta version of Worgas installed, which could very well be causing the problem you're describing - it is a beta, and as I said in Worgas' thread there are more than likely going to be bugs. :) If what Kulyok described doesn't work, I'd post in Worgas' thread and I'll contact flysoup about it.

Okay thanks but I installed Worgas after I had that Bodhi at the Docks thing happen!

#16 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

I just reinstalled SHG without the part Kulyok said and now things are working perfectly thanks everybody!

#17 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:06 PM

Awesome, glad to hear it wasn't Worgas - and that your game is working... :D

#18 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:36 AM

Ty :) will go and fix it. Thanks Kulyok!

#19 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

I'll bet good money that this isn't compatible with Improved Asylum. :whistling:
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#20 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:56 PM

(Zyraen, please correct me if it is no longer the case)

I played it and it will probably be probable in the way that you can install both, and then decide to either

1) Skip the asylum maze part by taking the alternative route, in which way you miss any additional content that takes place there.
or

2) Decide to see the additional content, thus skipping the Gauntlet.
As they say, you can either eat your cake or have it ;)

Edited by Tassadar88, 12 June 2007 - 11:57 PM.

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost