• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

Hello, currently working on a mod that incorpates some of the artifacts in MM8 into Cyrodil. Might and Magic 8 had some really good stuff that is implementable, and I was playing it earlier so I got this idea.

I'm not really good at modeling, but I can make new models thanks to nicoroshi. I know how to get them ingame, but I'm not that good with 3dsmax. I can modelhack some (namely, breaker) but most will be retextures.

Here are the ones I'm going to make, complete with description from the game, although some are changed slightly due to race differences between the 2 games. I'm also going to have their enchantments identical.

Blade of Mercy (Dagger, 26 damage, +10 strength, 35 shock damage) - Though generally considered unfashionable among current necromantic custom, live sacrifice was once widely practiced. To reduce the cruelty inflicted on the victim, the necromancer Ferredine the Merciful created a blade capable of bringing about a quicker and less suffered end.

Breaker (2 handed club, Strength + 20, Endurance + 20, 5% chance of knocking the target back) Orcish folklore is full of the Fables of Sevenstrong Burlfist who with Biter, his faithful wolf companion, and his mighty club, Breaker, endlessly quested for the Silver Rose. Fables? One must wonder, if Breaker exists, then why not too, the Silver Rose?

Drogg's Helm (Light Armor, Helmet. Personality + 15, Intellect + 15, Regenerate 1 Health per second) In the history of the barbarian tribes of Vori, it is rare to find a long reigning chieftan. Rarer still is one who held his position through magic rather than might. Drogg was such - a warrior mage who survived many years of rival challenges. It is said that he wore his helmet at all times, even in sleep. Now that you possess it, you understand why.

Elsenrail (Longsword, Agility + 25, Light on Target, Extra Damage to Undead & Daedra) - The Forge of Chaos was destroyed in the making of the swords of balance. Legend says the blade of light, Elsenrail, and the blade of dark, glomenthal, will play major roles in the last act of the universe.

Fleetfingers (Light Armor, Gauntlets, Security + 25, Marksman + 15, Speed + 5) ...that she would actually have a name for her gloves, is evidance of the flamboyant, if deserved, conceit of Darcie Darby --- Most widely known for her theft of the bejeweled Rod of Right, part of the royal regalia of Summerset Isle.

Glomenthal (Claymore, Strength + 25, Dark Grasp which silences the target, slows the target, and weakens the target) - The Forge of Chaos was destroyed in the making of the swords of balance. Legend says the blade of light, Elsenrail, and the blade of dark, glomenthal, will play major roles in the last act of the universe.

Herald's Boots (Light Armor, Speed + 75) When Tallus Umbrion secured his throne in the first war, he sent forth heralds to spread the news. They were given these pair of boots, so the news would be spread quickly and thus soonest end widespread civil rest.

Hell's Cleaver (1 Handed Axe, Strength + 50, Agility + 50, Speed + 25, Personality - 50, Intelligence - 50, Willpower - 25, wielder is silenced) So called because of its power to demonize the wielder. Nevertheless, there are many who would willingly pay the price for the power offered by "Hell's Cleaver."

(Normally crown in MM8) Hood of Final Dominion (+50 Intelligence, Restore Magicka 10 points) Named by its creator and only soverign wearer, Mederon, the first - and last - Lich emporer of Nighon. The everlasting dynasty he hoped to found lasted barely a dozen years. Mederon escaped the fate of his kingdom. It is said that he still lives as a madman and searches the world for his lost hood.

Last Stage Robe (Robe, Personality + 25, Intelligence + 25, Fortify Magicka 100 points, 25% weakness to magic) The Final stage of degeneration from their human form leaves a Lich completely soulless, and thus, immune to certain magicks. Such liches often curse their personal items with vulnerabilities to these magicks to dissuade others from using them.

Spiritslayer (2 handed blade, Absorb Health 25 points for 4 seconds, +50 strength, -40 luck) Many under the rule of Luthiner the Severe saw the existance of his sword Spiritslayer as proof of the existance of evil. The injuries go beyond physical damage as Spiritslayer takes a strike as an opportunity to drink its target's very essence.

Staff of the Swamp (Staff, Enchant the offense on your own, +25 shield, Immune to Poison, Disease, and Paralysis) Nemerit, an otherwise remarkable witch of the last era, was renown for her staff artificing skill. She created a staff for every conceviable use. It is said she carried this staff on ingredient collecting trips into the swamplands.

Volcano (2 Handed Axe; 50 fire damage, resist fire 50%) The mad artificer, Cornelius of Black Marsh, built this axe for the purpose of clearing the trees around his estate. "A single blow will both fall a tree and render it into firewood!" he was heard to exclaim. He was soon found murdered, and the axe gone. Appearantly someone saw a better use for it.

I'll probably make up some of my own and throw em' in there too. How you'll obtain these right now isn't thought out. I'll probably place bosses in certain forts\ruins\whatever that carry these.

Edited by jackmix69, 22 May 2007 - 05:16 PM.

#2 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

Wow this place is dead :P

Anyway, finished Breaker (for the most part)

Posted Image

It pretty much was a skull on a stick in MM8, but it was 1 handed, had eyes that glowed blue, and had some spikes on it.

The script on it works - When equipped, you do get +20 strength and endurance, and it has a 5% chance of knocking the target back, but I need to up that to 10% because 5% is much rarer than I thought, and need to make it send them furthur. In MM8, it wasn't knockback, it was 5-10 points of body damage, and there is no body damage in Oblivion so knockback it is!

I also need to make that skull a bit thinner - then it's all set! :)

#3 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

Woa, this skull looks mean :P Can't wait to smack my opponent with it :D
Posted Image

#4 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

Thanks Cosmic :)

A couple of other artifacts I've thought of

Staff of Disintegration (Disintegrates target, doesn't work on essentials, or creatures, NPC only. 5 uses) - Nemerit, an otherwise remarkable witch of the last era, was renown for her staff artificing skill. She created a staff for every conceviable use. It is said she used this staff as a way to protect herself from people who would do her harm.

Staff of Purging Undead (Instantly kills undead, 10 uses) Nemerit, an otherwise remarkable witch of the last era, was renown for her staff artificing skill. She created a staff for every conceviable use. It is said she carried this staff when venturing cursed grounds.

#5 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

Sounds interesting :cheers:
Posted Image

#6 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Here is Drogg's Helm

Posted Image

I used the mesh from Ghogiel's modders resource. :)

Script on Breaker is fully functional, and Breaker is complete. That's 2 down, and lots to go :P

Oh, and I have no idea if the Silver Rose was in MM8 or not (never found it), but I'll put it in. I'll retexture the sanguine rose. Just thinking of what it should do...hmm...

Anyway, Hell's Cleaver is next in line. *works on it*

Edited by jackmix69, 23 May 2007 - 12:28 PM.

#7 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

Hell's Cleaver is done

Script works fine, plus I added a new feature

Since it "Demonizes" the wielder, I've added a effect shader that effects the player on equipping. Evil surges through you.

Good shot of Hell's Cleaver

Posted Image

And a shot with the effect

Posted Image

You can see a hint of the effect in the first picture, hard to time it right where it's gone 100% before it loops

#8 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

So far so good ^_^
Posted Image

#9 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

Nico encouraged me to practice 3ds max and model some, so here is Hell's Cleaver

In MM8

Posted Image

And my mesh, daedric texture right now

Posted Image

My first mesh ever, I'm quite proud of it and worked on it for about an hour

Edited by jackmix69, 25 May 2007 - 05:20 PM.

#10 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Wow! Looks pretty much identical to the other original :)!

#11 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

Yep, I did my best :)

Just finished Elsenrail, although it looks REALLY weird in Oblivion because of the shape

MM8: Posted Image

My Mesh (Temp Ebony Texture) Posted Image

It is intentionally glowing like that in the dark. Elsenrail is the blade of light

I wonder what Glomenthal looks like? I never found it

Should I just make an evil texture for Glomenthal, and use this mesh or what?

Edited by jackmix69, 26 May 2007 - 11:21 AM.

#12 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

Yep, I did my best :)

Just finished Elsenrail, although it looks REALLY weird in Oblivion because of the shape

MM8: Posted Image

My Mesh (Temp Ebony Texture) Posted Image

It is intentionally glowing like that in the dark. Elsenrail is the blade of light

I wonder what Glomenthal looks like? I never found it

Should I just make an evil texture for Glomenthal, and use this mesh or what?

Another nice one Jackmix :new_thumbs:

Well, there's a Glomenthal on this site :P The blade texture looks daedric :blink:
Posted Image

#13 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for that link Cosmic, lol wish I saw it sooner :P

Edited by jackmix69, 26 May 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#14 Invader13

Invader13
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

Wow, I really like that effect with Hell's Cleaver :woot: and the mesh looks really good. :new_thumbs:

#15 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

This project is currently on hold, will resume once I finish my Smite of Order spell\house mod

#16 nicoroshi

nicoroshi
  • Modder
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Nice to see some unique models from you jack (I remember seeing them on MSN but thought I would comment here to spur\ cheer you on).
Looking forward to some wicked new models from you.