Diabolique's Dialogue

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hello everyone!

I have been getting a number of PM's requesting the webpage, forum etc for Diabolique, in order to ask questions about her and generally keep up to date on how she is coming and when to expect to be able to download and play with her.
Since I don't have a webpage for her, and I do not yet have hosting for her (therefore no forum) I thought I would make a post and try to meet your needs this way.
Please feel free to ask whatever pertinent questions you have and, time allowing, I will do my best to answer them.

*Hugs*
DS
Knowledge is Power, and power corrupts, so study hard and be Evil!

I'm so good that, if I didn't already exist, someone would invent me!

#2 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

Hi! Evil rocks ^_^

How much have you done already? Will you post some more about her?

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#3 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hi! Evil rocks ^_^

How much have you done already? Will you post some more about her?

I have all her banters and interjections coded, her lovetalk framework coded and about 1/2 of the lovetalk itself, several new items, 3 non-joinable NPC's all coded, part of the Major Quest, the Big boss 3/4 finished, umm, all new portraits, so basically, I would say that I am about 3/4 of the way done. I think the thing that will take me the longest is coding the major quest as it is really quite large and involves several new areas to explore. As well, I keep thinking of new things to add, or ways of saying things differently so they have more emphasis, or power...so I sometimes find myself redoing parts that were formerly labelled as completed. I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist. lol!

Diabolique Demarchess is the daughter of "Lady Demarchess" the renowned assassin. She has followed in her mother's footsteps in becoming an assassin herself. She is evil aligned, and romanceable.

Edited by Dirt_Squirrel, 24 May 2007 - 12:17 PM.

#4 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

Sounds interesting, even if this probably wasn't the best subforum to post it in. There are far too few evil npc's out there, aside from boring one-dimensional ones like Valen (no insult to the writer of that mod, but Valen was a *really* one-trick pony, personality-wise).

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#5 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

I'm gonna move this if there are no objections; would you prefer it go in the "Mod Ideas" or "Modder's Room" subforum?

[EDIT] O.o And you've been working on this how long?

Edited by Azkyroth, 24 May 2007 - 12:27 PM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#6 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

I'm gonna move this if there are no objections; would you prefer it go in the "Mod Ideas" or "Modder's Room" subforum?

Hmm, perhaps Modders forum might be better?

*hugs*
DS

#7 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

redoing parts that were formerly labelled as completed - it's hard to resist doing that :unsure:

So, you say she's coming soon :cheers:

My Fiars is almost :blink: an assassin, too. ^_^

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

#8 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Is this the right forum? I was thinking Modder's Room. I think that's where unhosted in progress mods go. I don't know for sure though.

Anyways, would you mind giving us the base stats for your lass here? Race/Class/etc

Is Diabolique Demarchess her given name?

Would you mind posting her bio?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#9 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Heh, yeah..."soon" is my terminology for "I am working on her, not really sure when she will be done, but as soon as she is, you will know!" lol

*Becomes concerned of there being too many assassin NPC's coming out....*

#10 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

*Becomes concerned of there being too many assassin NPC's coming out....*

And thieves in general. Never mind. You can't prevent people from liking them ^_^

Mazzy to Edwin:

#11 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:36 PM

Is this the right forum? I was thinking Modder's Room. I think that's where unhosted in progress mods go. I don't know for sure though.

Anyways, would you mind giving us the base stats for your lass here? Race/Class/etc

Name: When asked, she will tell you that her name is Diabolique Demarchess
Race: Human
Class: Assassin (although she *firmly* denies it!)
Stats:
STR: 10 Int: 11
DEX: 18 Wis: 10
CONS: 18 Char: 15
Total: 82

*Is considering posting the BIO but is concerned it may be too spoilerish*

Edited by Dirt_Squirrel, 24 May 2007 - 12:37 PM.

#12 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

This IS the modder's room, now. I was a bit surprised too.

PS: Should I be checking my pockets after you hug me? ;)

Edited by Azkyroth, 24 May 2007 - 12:38 PM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#13 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

Constitution of 18? Seems very high for someone of her background, unless there's something else to her background you haven't told us yet.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#14 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:39 PM

Constitution of 18? Seems very high for someone of her background, unless there's something else to her background you haven't told us yet.

Indeed there is, it is explained in some of the lovetalks she has with PC

#15 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Not a real name again? Aww. Never mind... :rolleyes:
One day, maybe we'll write crossmod together? (if I finish this)

Mazzy to Edwin:

#16 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

You know I was just looking through the Bioware characters, and all but Yoshi of the thieves have a pretty high constitution. Immy and Nalia=16. Jan 15. And Yoshi=9. Thief Maging(or thiefing) must take a lot of work. ;)

Um anyways, on topic. Pretty good stats, they seem pretty balanced there. Good.

And also, nice portrait for her, so points there.

This IS the modder's room, now. I was a bit surprised too.

But when I was typing that up we weren't yet here.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#17 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

Pretty good stats, they seem pretty balanced there. Good.

And also, nice portrait for her, so points there.

Thanks Kellen! I must admit that I was a little concerned about people's reaction to her stats, even though they were come by honestly. :)

#18 Dirt_Squirrel

Dirt_Squirrel
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hmm, of her Bio I can say this.....

Diabolique was born and raised in the wealthy part of Athkatla. Never truly accepted by her peers, she lashed out by using her wit and charisma to cause them to fight amongst themselves and to bully them.
Shortly after "coming of age", she quickly left Athkatla after an *unfortunate* accident and has only recently returned, to find that those she once bullied have now rallied together, united in their common bond of their hatred of her.
Her parents, each hailing from "different sides of the tracks" raised her in the manners they knew best. Her father trained her as a warrior, hoping she would follow in his footsteps and becoma a paladin, her mother trained her in all the finer qualities of being a *lady*. However, her youthful mercenary deeds and increasing fascination with evil threw her into the company of a roguish stranger and a band of adventurers whose fates were intermingled with her own.
This, is the story of Diabolique Demarchess.

#19 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

She sounds like a real devil.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#20 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

She sounds like a real devil.

I dunno; I'd have figured Neutral or Chaotic Evil rather than Lawful.

PS: Seriously, how long have you been working on her?

Edited by Azkyroth, 24 May 2007 - 04:18 PM.