• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#1 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

Hello my Darlin's.

With the influx of new members brought about by our wonderfully talented Oblivion modders, and the new guys who've finally stumbled across our BG, NWN etc content (btw where have you been all these years???) it's becoming hard for an older but still rather hawt chick like me to keep up.

Now I'm not saying I'm going to be able to put a name to the Avatar of all six thousand, seven hundred and however many of you there are. BUT I'm willing to give it a shot.

So drop by and introduce yourself. And those who've been here for a while, reintroduce yourself just in case I missed you the first time around.

Tell us a little about yourself. Who you are and what you like to do.

We'll take it as read that everybody says Hello back, saves all that unnecessary typing. And if you do want to comment on a new member or some such thing, feel free to start a new thread below. Let's keep this as a nice clean Howdy session.

So to get the ball rolling...

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#2 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hi, I'm Jyzabyl. Unofficial Social Director here at SHS.

I've been here for a while now. I love my RPG's. I've been playing for... ummm... well let's just say I have shoes older than a lot of the members of this place.

I'm a player more than tech person. Occasionally I get asked for input on a Mod. This usually ends up with me washing the coffee cups in the workroom. But it's my little contribution.

I love BG, and Morrowind. I will one day love Oblivion once I get a new video card.

My hobbies include embarrassing my Daughter, hanging out with Musicians and flirting with any hapless fighter type who crosses my path.

Now who were you again?
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#3 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Staff
  • 6556 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

I'm Tempest, and I'm a modder and fanfic writer.

Been playing games for a while-Baldur's Gate II is still my alltime favorite game, regardless of genre and platform. Came to Spellhold looking for mods, signed up, but have really only made my presence known in the last few months.

I'm the creator of Darian, a Baldur's Gate II npc mod in progress, and the author of a good bit of fanfic-Perspectives and Cold Fire.

For the most part, I'm just a stereotypical computer geek and college engineering student, though I'm known to lash out with psionic powers here on the forum for no apparent reasons. Mainly, I play games, read books, write fanfic, work on my mod, and pray I'm passing my classes.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#4 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

I'm Solstice, and I'm... er... moral support!

I'm pretty new to the Baldur's Gate series-a friend gave the game to me when she got tired of it, sat down, and I absolutely loved it. I've been hanging around here recently, as well as Pocket Plane and Gibberlings, where I'm known as Winter, and I'm told I'm fairly benign.

Not involved in any mods-as much as I'd like to, I just don't have the time and imagination to pull it off, and I have a lot of respect for those who do. Played Morrowind and Oblivion, but didn't like them very much.

I'm also from one of the most remote regions of anyone here at SHS, I think. My home is in Sand Point, in the Aleutian Islands off the Alaskan coast. I'm married, with a baby due in December, and teach third grade school. Not a whole lot else to say, other than I enjoy romance novels and romance mods for games-my appetite for that is insatiable, much to the amusement of my husband (but that's okay-he's a million times better than any hero from a book or game).
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#5 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• 483 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:29 AM

Ha Ha, now I'm Bardess, as it should be.

I was one of those forum board lurkers long before I registered or started posting. I never would have played BG, or IWD or Ps:T or anything were it not for my brother, who introduced me to it about 4 years ago. Because I'm a brat girl.

Since then and even before, I have been trying to write a novel (book) and actually wrote two and a half, but they are in a mess. I am trying to make something out of the more recently completed one and publish it in my little country. In the stories, too, I prefer bad guys over good and thieves above others (although my BF doesn't fit there. well, maybe it's better to spend time with someone who will be good to you in real life, heh...). I was looking for this kind of romanceable NPC for BG(2, I don't know why :blink: ) but as I haven't found them, I've decided to try modding myself and make one :)

I am a high-school student (2nd year), if you call high school that stuff (4y) that comes after the elementary (8y). And I chose a damned hard one and am now suffering... :)

Edited by Bardess, 25 May 2007 - 02:31 AM.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#6 ghostruler

ghostruler
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:51 AM

Heyo guys/gals I'm ghost.

I play/mod oblivion, used to play/mod morrowind but stuff happend with it and I can't find another copy so no more of that, but I'm still in love with the game.

I'm not exactly your run of the mill nerd, I know when to not let that part of me out, so I'm cool with alot of the groups at school.

I love poetry, mostly romantic poetry, as I have been known to write a few pieces.

I've always wanted to write a book or speech, I don't know why but I've always wanted to, and I always have ideas running through my head.

And I'm a short (I mean short) film director, me and one of my friends desided to write a script to a movie about a year ago, and a few months ago we thought we could use some practice. So we started doing short films.

Well thats me.
And I shall stand upon a sandbar in my bucket because I'm beyond that cool.

#7 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:50 AM

Howdy. I'm Amy, and I'm hopelessly cool and things.

I'm a small-time poet, but have been published a bit and won a few competitions. You can see my more artistical stuff at my deviantart (http://sister-sleep.deviantart.com). I'm also quite fond of attractive boys. And girls. Tehee. I'm also fantastically vain.

My taste in music is eclectic, my taste in food limited to what I can cook (so basically just super noodles - I've been known to set my kitche on fire making cereal). My favourite films are Harold and Maude, Quills, Pleasentville, TRAINSPOTTING. My one true love is the 80's new wave icon Adam Ant - before he went all crazy and bald.

I have a soft spot for anything by Irvine Welsh, Kurt Vonnegut and the poetry of Selima Hill.

In case you haven't noticed, arrogance is also one of my many talents.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#8 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• 249 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:54 AM

Solaufein aka CoM_Solaufein. As you can see by my join date, I am a modder from long ago. I've been a fan of Baldur's Gate when it was first released and have been a fan since then. I got into "modding", back then it was "customizing", when TeamBG first came out. I've been here when this was Forgotten Wars and FW Studios.

Other than running my own mod community and modding, I like to read, build computers, play computer games and write. Most of my writing is horror, dark romance and adventure stories and poems that I would like to get published one day.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.org
The Undying

#9 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 635 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:48 AM

Hey people, for a reintroduction, I'm Pain Elemental. I've been around for years, even from before the change to SHS, I just don't spam that much :P

I love all the RPG's and I love to play mods, so I feel right at home here.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no talent in scripting whatsoever, so I never attemped to make a mod, although I would love to.

My hobbies are primarily gaming, watching movies and going to the pub with some friends. School is somewhere in the very deep corners of my mind.
I live in everyone favourite pot-loving free country: The Netherlands.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#10 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

I'm Delight A.K.A. Sorrow/Therion/Forgotten Demigod/Despair.

I love Fallout.
I like modding IE.

#11 Snowy

Snowy
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hello. Just arrived today and am making my way around to see where everything is and who as well. :rolleyes: I have only been playing Oblivion since January 2007, and I'm a consumer, not a modder :whistling: I'm often long winded, but I do try to be congenial and community oriented.

I'm a semi retired accountant; married 39 years, seven children and 14 grandchildren. My usual 'tagline' is 'The Ancient One" especially lately because I am usually the eldest member of the boards I have been visiting.

I started out (as did so many) playing D & D, over 25 years ago when my sister in law gave a set to our son for his 10th birthday. He and one of my son-in-laws are still in deep... stuff.... for leaving my near goddess mage Undermountain for three years then finally telling our party that 'we had magically been transported to safety with our spoils, because they got too busy to DM any more games! I shall get even someday. Then that same son gave me a subscription to UO for my birthday 6 years ago and I have played there ever since.

Our youngest daughter-in-law gave me Morrowind to play a couple years ago and hooked me, so when she got Oblivion and let me try it out, I had to have that one. Mods are very new to me, as the Morrowind was on my old XBox. A whole new world has opened to me now. Is there a place for "Modaholics" here? :wacko: Not that I need help or anything like that.... My husband doesn't play online. He sometimes does Playstation, but usually only watches TV and tries to act nonchalant when I stay up all night gaming. He's nice.

Nice to meet you all. :cheers:

"There are two theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works."
~ Will Rogers ~

#12 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Well this might be a little late (been here for a month or so) but I'm Brad. I'm a 20 year old college student (read: poor as dirt). I've been a gamer all my life. First game I ever played was Zelda on the original Nintendo and it has since spiraled out of control. I now am a computer and console gamer, and love good RPG's (Oblivion and Fable being my favorites , though I have a soft spot for Zelda obviously).

I'm the author of Lacrimosa (an Oblivion based comic) though that project has taken a back seat for a bit. I'm primarily a player, though lately I've been dabbling in some modding - mostly retexturing.

During the summer I work for a catering company as a cook, or a dishwasher, or assistant warehouse manager. Basically I do what I am told.

I used to play the saxophone for 6 years, and I have been singing for 9. Currently I am active in theater with my college and have even declared it as my minor.

Music is my passion. I have great respect for all musicians though I may not like their music. My tastes in music are primarily metal (though I choose bands that sing and not scream), however I also enjoy jazz, some techno, most rock, and classical.

#13 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

WOW...its been a year almost to the day, since my last visit. i must admit i'm impressed that things have kept up so well.

so! whats new?

oh right intro... ok... Name's Jean-yves (french MASCULIN name) 24 student in Public relations. though not a modder myself, i've been part of this community for the last 3 forum moves (remember the interplay forums?) i'll be looking at what you have to show!

do they still do BGII mods? *goes searching*
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#14 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hi, I´m Tass and I am the peacekeeper at IE modding discussion, and as it is quite peaceful there as it is, I am probably going to be the trouble stirrer there as well, so as to keep myself occupied ;)
At the age of 22, I claim ten happy years of RPGing pen and paper and CRPGing alike, I write sub-optimal poetry, play several instruments and care about my two loyal subjects at home - my wife Lenka and our pet guinnea pig.
Wish you all a fair stay at SHS :hug:
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#15 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

I am the relatively random, somewhat creative, person who either is around or is not around.
When i am around i post here and there and do this and that and perform some tertiary functions too, and when i'm not around i'm probably playing WoW (Which is a lot of the time as of late).

#16 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

I've never introduced myself!!!

I'm Kellen, and I'm random/creative mix of person here. Why just the other day I was doing a small bit of poetry and that only happens once in a blue moon. (Speaking of I don't think I've yet inflicted you with my first attempt at poetry) I tend to stick to short stories. I've tried novels before but I can never seem to get very far into them. I just kinda die off.

So Kellen writer, and spammer, and rper, and NWN2 player, and BG2 lover who finds himself no longer playing such a magnificent game.

I was born on December 27 of 1989. And I live in SD of the USA. Anything else?

Edited by Kellen, 26 June 2007 - 02:47 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#17 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:41 PM

Hello, hello! I'm Isilven, or Issy, the Hyperactive Sex-Crazed Chipmunk! I am also a ninja with a penchant for large words and a love of sweets.
I'm a modder and voice actress here at good ol' SHS. I'm an old fogey, back from the days when I was but 14, writing a mod including a daughter of Corellon Larethian, and I was called Imoen Nightflame, in the olden days of Forgotten Wars.
I like anime, I sing pretty well, I draw decently, and I love writing and listening to music. I've also been playing PnP D&D since 2E first came out, over a decade ago. I play everything modded here. I'm also 19, born May 18th, 1988. I live in Texas (unfortunately), but am originally from Fresno, California.

Welcome, welcome all! :cheers:

Oh, and please do ask me about my exploits in Oblivion. They're simply marvelous.

Edited by Isilven, 06 July 2007 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image

Ee-seel-ven, Inkosazana of Zululand

Jailin and Virgil: When's the last time you saw a ninja with wenches?

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#18 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2106 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hi I'm Hoppy and I don't know how to get an avatar. 31 years young and love playing RPG games. BG1 and 2 are my favorite right now because of all the mods thus my reason for becoming a member. I have enjoyed The Elder Scrolls as well but I can get lost in those games. I have a Bachelors in Music in performance and I am only a few credits short of a Masters in Music. I am pretty new to gaming but I really like this community of modders here and hope to create my own mod soon.
Nice meeting you all!
Hoppy
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#19 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

Oh darn, well I beter do this one as well ;)

My true full name is Guido Maarten Voets, 24 years old and I originate from the Netherlands. I am modder here at SHS working already for quite a while on the Mod for the Wicked... yeah, I have to many hobbies causing me to be a bit slow and an one man show never goes fast.
I have roleplayed since...poef... can't remember. I think about 10 years ago. Though it didn't really start with D&D, but that is a long story.
I sing a bit, code a bit, create my own campaign world a bit, play PnP a bit, cuddle my gf a bit ;) (yeah romantic fool here), go out with friends, that is basically everything in a nutshell. Could say more, but I doubt that is heavily interresting.

See you around and enjoy your stay at SHS :hug:

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#20 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

well here i am.

I am Menelanna. I am a 20 year old (yes I am 20 despite looking 16) spam-queen, anime lover, DnD playing, animal science, part elven, crazy Cali girl. Did I miss anything? Oh I am also an artist and a fanfic author over at Fanfiction.net!

Welcome one and all to our crazy world here.

Edited by Menelanna, 14 July 2007 - 09:42 AM.

Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)