is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:29 AM

Posted Image
#10 Challenge:
NPC's as drow!
Deadline: Friday, 15th June
Post your piece in this topic!

Welcome to the tenth Fanart Challenge! This time you have the freedom of drawing any of the Baldur's Gate 2 joinable NPC's, but there is one twist - they must be under Adalon's spell that has turned them to drow. You can draw the entire party, or make a series of each an every NPC, or pick just one of them that you illustrate as a drow. Some NPC's would be somehwhat easy - Aerie already is an elf, so not much of her features would change, but imagine for example Korgan as a dark elf. We'll see how you imagine them!

As usual, you can use any style and media you like - as long as the outcome is your own! Have fun drawing, people!

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:43 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:13 AM

Palette swap. <_<

Little drow Xan...
psdrowxan_s.gif

..and bigger drow Xan!
psdrowxan_l.gif

*is cheap*

...it doesn't work too well with dark sprites.

#3 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:16 AM

Woohoo! More Xan! :D

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:05 AM

I hope Mr. Jason doesn't kill me and/or not ship me TBH after I pay...
kelsey_imoen.png

Made from scratch in slightly less than half an hour using only the Gimp. Some source files are attached in the zip in xcf format. One of these days, I'll stop cheating :)

Disclaimer: as before, no non-free software has been harmed in the making of this comic.

Attached Files

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#5 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

Save Mental Image! XD

#6 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

Perhaps Korgan was more Duergarized... And Jan Svirfneblinized. Mazzy? I have no idea what they might have done to Mazzy.

Anyways, someone(no not me) spent some time redoing each BG2 portrait for Drowified NPCs. Cool!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#7 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

I hope Mr. Jason doesn't kill me and/or not ship me TBH after I pay...
kelsey_imoen.png

Made from scratch in slightly less than half an hour using only the Gimp. Some source files are attached in the zip in xcf format. One of these days, I'll stop cheating :)

Disclaimer: as before, no non-free software has been harmed in the making of this comic.

The question is, how would he read it in the dark, without having light?

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#8 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

That won't be a problem, as long as it's written in patented Drow Glow-In-The-Dark Ink™. :D Best of the best, for all your wizardly spell-scroll needs!

#9 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

That won't be a problem, as long as it's written in patented Drow Glow-In-The-Dark Ink™. :D Best of the best, for all your wizardly spell-scroll needs!

Of course! How silly of me not to realise!

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:57 PM

Actually, as it was in 2nd addition, Infravision would have been useless to see the dark skinned Imoen, or to use, say, a mirror :) It's a heat-based vision, blah-blah-blah, physics. Drow who have to read scrolls, ie clerics, etc use real light and normal vision for that. And for the mirrors, I suppose.

#11 Xav

Xav
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

Actually, as it was in 2nd addition, Infravision would have been useless to see the dark skinned Imoen, or to use, say, a mirror :) It's a heat-based vision, blah-blah-blah, physics. Drow who have to read scrolls, ie clerics, etc use real light and normal vision for that. And for the mirrors, I suppose.

Isn't a dark skinned Imoen hot?

i hope you understood that correctly! :D

#12 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:44 AM

Yes, I know what Infravision means. I was just wondering how he would read the scrolls in any case, if he can't see in the dark at all. I do know my scientific terminology, you know. I do know that he would just see the shape of Imoen because of the heat her body radiates. :rolleyes:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#13 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:47 AM

My current party who, thanks to their slightly demented leader, is currently overstaying their welcome in the Underdark. Yes, well I know that Viconia is technically already a drow but I just had to put her in the picture - as a comparison to the rest fake would-be drow.

I so very much Love this challenge. I already have the perfect disguise for Boo.

DrowCh.jpg
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#14 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:58 AM

My current party who, thanks to their slightly demented leader, is currently overstaying their welcome in the Underdark. Yes, well I know that Viconia is technically already a drow but I just had to put her in the picture - as a comparison to the rest fake would-be drow.

I so very much Love this challenge. I already have the perfect disguise for Boo.

DrowCh.jpg

Oh, I love it, Orthodoxia! Haer'Dalis smile is just typical him, and Jaheira's face is priceless. And Xan still looks good as a Drow, no matter how much he heates it. :D

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#15 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:58 AM

Oh, wow. Liked Xan very much. Viconia is sexy. Jaheira is scary... and sexy. (Heck, they all are... must be an innate drow ability, I surmise. :) ). Looks very good, and the leader sure looks like she's having fun!

#16 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:05 AM

[alright, awesome challenge! Now I have something to do at work tomorrow :whistling: ]

Save Mental Image spell = YES. So very useful for lonely nights. :D

Orthodoxia - Might just be my current state of mind, but your Viconia makes me think of Western femme fatales. Very hot. (But a Narra without wings?!) Love the Jaheira, too!

#17 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:15 AM

Aw, don't be afraid of Jaheira. She's just a wee bit uncomfortable in her brand new black skin. She'll get in touch with her inner drow soon enough :D

Jazhara - At first I didn't like how HD turned up but after I added the tattoos... yum

Kulyok - Agreed. Being sexy is an innate drow ability. It must be. There's no other explanation for so many sexy drow out there.

SpAE - I think that throughout the game Viconia was described as femme fatal. And no, a winged drow would be a dead giveaway that something fishy is going on.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#18 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:20 AM

Nice. Viconia is still cool, I see. And Imoen is kind of cute.

Jaheira is angry for being a drooo-ow! :P

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#19 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:31 AM

:D

Great pic, I particularly Like Jaheira. I'm not sure I interpret her expression right, though - with the way she's looking, I'm picturing her going "Goddammit! My breasts shrunk!" :D

My party was considerably less suited for infiltration. It's like, "Um... Minsc, maybe you (and the fearsome shadow hamster Boo) should stay with the dragon and make sure those dastardly dark elves don't come back and try to steal something else..."
"BUTTKICKING!!1!"
"...good boy."

On the subject of reading in the Underdark, dark elves do indeed make glow-in-the-dark ink (I think they make ink that gives off small amounts of heat as well, to read with infravision) but it's not used for everything, so mages and the like tend to use lamps or candles as well.

Infravision lets you "see temperature", so skin colour doesn't matter much (where did you hear that?). I think the most we'd be able to get out of it is a roughly person-shaped blob, but dark elves can use it to detect small details (like facial features). It's perfect for checking out "hot chicks". :P (Hey, it doesn't have to make sense, Wizards did it. :P)

Edited by vilkacis, 02 June 2007 - 06:32 AM.

#20 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:36 AM

Orthodoxia - Might just be my current state of mind, but your Viconia makes me think of Western femme fatales. Very hot. (But a Narra without wings?!) Love the Jaheira, too!

So true. Viconia's hair made me think of Jessica Rabbit. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.