Challenge #10: NPC's as drow!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#21 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

:D

Great pic, I particularly Like Jaheira. I'm not sure I interpret her expression right, though - with the way she's looking, I'm picturing her going "Goddammit! My breasts shrunk!" :D

It could be, it could so very much be :lol:

And it wasn't my intention to make her look like Jessica Rabbit, I just remembered that in BG2 one of her eyes was also nearly covered and I kinda, exaggerated it a bit :ermm:
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

Well, this turned out quite well. :whistling:
Posted Image

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

Well, this turned out quite well. :whistling:
Posted Image

Gasp!

As usual, you can use any style and media you like - as long as the outcome is your own!

:new_bottom:

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#24 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

Infravision lets you "see temperature", so skin colour doesn't matter much (where did you hear that?). I think the most we'd be able to get out of it is a roughly person-shaped blob, but dark elves can use it to detect small details (like facial features). It's perfect for checking out "hot chicks". :P (Hey, it doesn't have to make sense, Wizards did it. :P)

Exactly.

However, considering that Drow have trouble when going out in sunlight, because the light is too bright, I'd say they have Darkvision, or in non-game terms, at least quite developed low-light vision. Of course, there has to be a little light from somewhere. Let's say it comes from mushrooms.

And of course, that still means that they see everything in shades of grey, unless they get some torches. And reading might be difficult too without light.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#25 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hey, all, if we get all the NPC portraits done as Drow, perhaps we could turn this into a mod. I'm sure I've seen the concept before, but I'm not sure if it's been implemented? Anyway, no harm in having more than one version of a mod... :) Any thoughts?

#26 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

It is not possible to "remember" which portraits the characters have been using before the drow transformation, and as such, it is not possible to reverse the transformation correctly - especially for multiplayer parties, or players who use portrait packs/alternative portraits. And, of course, there's the PC.

#27 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

Ahh, okay. That makes sense :) Scrap that idea, then! I think I'm going to have to Drow-ify my Sarevok, still... we'll see how that goes... *g*

#28 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:06 AM

Aawwww, Orthodoxia, I SO love your Haer'Dalis' face features^^'!

And Viconia looks... Well, simply beautiful.
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#29 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:55 AM

Thank you. His tattoos are my favorite on the picture. And strangely, I thought that Imoen's sudden red eye would be most noticed.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#30 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:06 AM

Someone asked for Drow-ified Sarevok :whistling:

Here, Sarevok was having his well deserved vacation between the games (as all great villains do) when the sudden appearance of his evil- chaotic good younger sister spoiled his plans for beach party yet again.

You can just tell she's hooked on being a drow and is firmly resolved to introduce the rest of her large family into its black joys.

DrowCh2.jpg

Edited by Orthodoxia, 03 June 2007 - 02:35 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:08 AM

Mwahahahaha, that is full of awesome, Orthodoxia!! :D Go Drow!Sarevok!

#32 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:02 AM

Orthodoxia, you're soooo evil! :lol:
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#33 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

Thank you. His tattoos are my favorite on the picture. And strangely, I thought that Imoen's sudden red eye would be most noticed.

Well, I did notice her red eye, but I didn't comment on it, because I wasn't sure if it's actually the eye.

Oh, and I love the Drowification of Sarevok.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#34 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:29 AM

I felt I should give this a token effort, and because I think Ilmatar is, in actuality, an evil Drow lady...

Attached Images

• drow_elina_copy.jpg

#35 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:32 AM

I felt I should give this a token effort, and because I think Ilmatar is, in actuality, an evil Drow lady...

Gasp! My sekrit is out! :devil: Now where is my mighty sacrificial dagger...

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#36 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:20 AM

Gasp! My sekrit is out! :devil: Now where is my mighty sacrificial dagger...

Pfft, 1d4 points of damage doesn't count as "mighty". If I want to kill a first-level wizard, I'd use a common house cat. It's cheaper, cuter and generally more effective... not to mention, stylish. :twisted:

K'aeloree's edit is nice, but dark elves need to be dark. Everybody always draws them too pale. :rtfm:
av_4612.png
My version has a really bad hair day... and I think she turned out a little too blue. :P

Hmm, maybe we should turn this into a challenge as well somewhere down the line. Drow-i-fy your moderator's avatar... :whistling:

#37 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:27 AM

As always, good show, Orthodoxia :) .

I ultimately plan on drowizing all the Bioware ladies (not sure I'll do any of the guys), but as a preview, here's the first one I more or less finished, though she may be subject to additional minor touch-ups (please tell me you recognize her). Though I originally intended to post them all at once when I was done with them, I post her now for two reasons: 1) Cuz I couldn't help myself :P and 2) I may need some comments on her; things I could possibly improve on and whatnot before I move on to the other five (for whom the linart's already done). Anyhoo, have a looksee and tell me what you think :) .

Attached Images

• img093.jpg

(I like parentheses.)

#38 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:56 AM

I do recognise her. However in that exact matter it is not necessary a good thing.

Any comments? one. Her left (that means right on the portrait) eye needs redoing. Now she looks as if she had squint. Also, as vilkacis already mentioned, drow have actually *black* skin. Not brown. Although if that is a stylish edit for aristic benefit I doubt anyone will mind.
Also I would redo lips, if I were you. But then, I can't draw even if my life depends on it XD So basically I am just trying to give some constructive (more or less... rather less as I feel lazyXD) criticism here :).
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#39 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hmph. Well, since this was kind of my idea and all, I feel I should do something that at least approaches the dreaded "making an effort" line. Here's my first attempt at a full CG! Guess who...?

nowands.jpg

Also known as, "I lost my CGing virginity, and it hurt! :crying:"

Any similarity with Amber's portrait is a coincidence, goddammit.

Oh, and HOW TEH HELL DO I SUPPOSED TO PHOTOSHOP HAIR. IT ARE DISASTERIFFIC. SRSLY. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO IT. /caps

#40 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

Oh, I see you have read the 'official' novels, Vilk. Dreadful. The novels, I mean.