• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

Well, in an attempt to breathe life into what used to be quite an active mod forum (although due to my enforced absence I do fully appreciate that it is primarily my fault for it going so quiet anyway!), I thought I might as well dust off that old mod forum cliche of the "Ask NPC" thread. :D

The premise is simple - you get to ask Chrysta a question, and I will try and answer as the NPC. You can ask her about things sensible or silly, in-game or out-of-game, complicated or simple... just don't expect a straight answer if you ask about anything that contravenes my rather draconian personal non-spoilerage code!

So, Chrysta awaits...

Posted Image
"What would you like to ask of me?"

Oh, and no, she doesn't know when she will be finished! :P

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 02 June 2007 - 12:47 AM.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:11 AM

Chrysta, how do you feel about yourself? Are you - scared of what you could be, or what you think you are?

What are your feelings about Irenicus?

Does Imoen get on your nerves?

What were your first thoughts upon exiting Irenicus' Chateau?

Do you like me? :crying:

#3 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:36 AM

Chrysta, how do you feel about yourself? Are you - scared of what you could be, or what you think you are?

"Wow, you like to get me started with the easy ones, don't you?" (Chrysta smiles, but it is a hollow one).

"It is really difficult to answer this one - I can honestly say that, at least in the beginning, I really don't know how I feel about myself... because I can't say with any certainty whether or not I know myself. I am happy to be alive, and very happy I found <CHARNAME> so soon after "waking up". Am I scared of what I am or what I might be... of course I am. I only hope that I get to choose my own destiny, and that there isn't something about me that I am unaware of that prevents me from doing that..."

What are your feelings about Irenicus?

"If I ever catch up with him I will teach him what suffering *truly* means... does that answer your question?"

Does Imoen get on your nerves?

"Actually, no... in fact I always feel much more relaxed and frivolous when I am talking to her - she is a great way to help me forget about the things that are still missing inside my head. I may be able to hide myself in dark places in real life fairly easily, but it is the dark and empty places I feel in my soul that really scare me."

What were your first thoughts upon exiting Irenicus' Chateau?

"Hmmm... disorientation? I hardly knew where I was, let alone what was happening, as I tried to escape the rubble of that collapsing tunnel. And then the light was so BRIGHT that it stunned me, so that I could barely register what was going on. I vaguely remember seeing Irenicus fighting the Shadow Thieves and then the Cowled Wizards, but in a way I am glad I wasn't fully in control of my senses at that point, otherwise I may have jumped at him there and then and suffered the same fate as those poor thieves... My first real THOUGHT that In remember was relief in seeing a face I found vaguely familiar and that WASN'T Irenicus. I refer, of course, to <CHARNAME>..."

Do you like me? :crying:

"You are sweet." (Chrysta nervously leans over and gives you a supportive peck on the cheek. She then turns a not altogether unattractive hue of brownish-green, which you assume to be what serves her as a "blush")

"But don't go getting any ideas. My skin colour may be what some people might describe as a "queasy" green colour, but queasy only rhymes with easy, alright? (*wink*)

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 02 June 2007 - 01:40 AM.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

Aww... well, I have no such intentions towards you, Chrysta. I'd love to be your friend, though... if you'll have me.

If you don't mind me asking... what are your feelings towards <CHARNAME>? You say you remembered <PRO_HESHE> from before you began travelling with <PRO_HIMHER>?

How does it feel to be so different? I don't mean to be rude, it's just... well... your appearance is a little strange.

Have you ever thought about being in a romantic relationship?

How do the other party members feel about you - are there any people who specifically annoy you, or who dislike you?

I hope we can help you recover your memories, Chrysta... I really do. I - I hate to see you like this. *sigh*

#5 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

Aww... well, I have no such intentions towards you, Chrysta. I'd love to be your friend, though... if you'll have me.

"I would be honoured." (smiles)

If you don't mind me asking... what are your feelings towards <CHARNAME>? You say you remembered <PRO_HESHE> from before you began travelling with <PRO_HIMHER>?

"I... if you don't mind, I'd rather not say too much about that. I need to speak with <CHARNAME> first about how and why I remember <PRO_HIMHER> from. As to how I feel about <CHARNAME> - I want to like and trust them, and if they return my trust I would like to call them friend. But it all depends on how they react to me, and I am a bit nervous about that at the moment. After all, I am not entirely sure that I would trust me!"

How does it feel to be so different? I don't mean to be rude, it's just... well... your appearance is a little strange.

"Actually, despite the huge gaps in my memory, I don't feel too different, just... a little scared that i don't know much about myself. I don't know why I am the way I am... gods, I don't even know what I am... but I often forget I am so different until I notice the way people look at me, or even worse when I look in the mirror for the first time when I wake up! I suppose that is another reason why I feel comfortable with <CHARNAME>, as they do have a tendency to attract a bunch of oddballs to travel with, don't they? (smirks)

Have you ever thought about being in a romantic relationship?

"Umm... well, I may not know exactly what I am, but I do know I am a young woman so... er... of course I think about... "romantic" encounters from time to time. Well, a lot of the time, to be honest. Hehe..." (blushes again)

"But I think that I am just going to have to live with my fantasies remaining exactly that. After all, who would ever consider dating an anthropomorphic shrub!"
(Chrysta laughs uncertainly, but you detect sadness in her eyes).

How do the other party members feel about you - are there any people who specifically annoy you, or who dislike you?

"I think it is too early to say for certain, and I don't like judging on first impressions, but as far as <CHARNAME>'s early companions are concerned I get the feeling I am going to get on really well with Minsc. Viconia makes me feel extremely uncomfortable for reasons I cannot entirely fathom - I don't think it is just because she is a Drow, rather that she brings out an ascerbic side to my personality that I don't really like. Jaheira and I share more than a little in common with our druidic connections, but I just worry that she will get a bit preachy, and I won't stand for that. I think we will get along fine, though, once she learns that I don't take well to being patronised. Oh, and Yoshimo just seems... creepy."

I hope we can help you recover your memories, Chrysta... I really do. I - I hate to see you like this. *sigh*

"Thank you. You are very kind, my lord" (curtseys sweetly)

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 02 June 2007 - 06:31 AM.

#6 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hi Chrysta! I wonder if there are some people you will not tolerate in my party? Do you for example have a problem bringing Edwin or Saravok along? How about modded NPCs such as Tsujatha or Valen? Does Kelsey irritate you?

#7 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hi Chrysta! I wonder if there are some people you will not tolerate in my party? Do you for example have a problem bringing Edwin or Saravok along? How about modded NPCs such as Tsujatha or Valen? Does Kelsey irritate you?

"I would like to think I am able to get with just about anybody. After all, I have never made any claims to have a particularly noble soul (heh, in fact until recently I am not altogether sure whether I had a soul at all, let alone the capacity for it to be noble!), so I would never make the mistake of judging others solely by their alignment.

"I don't have any problems with Edwin or Sarevok, or Tsujatha or Valen, provided <CHARNAME> doesn't. He/she is my moral compass, and I take my lead from him/her when it comes to whether or not I should tolerate others within our ranks - I owe <CHARNAME> everything for taking me in, and wouldn't want to second guess his/her choice of companions. Don't get me wrong, though, there are bound to be people I don't like, and if they try and bully me I will give as good as I get! However, I won't start any deadly fights (although I reserve the right to initiate a few verbal ones!) or storm off in a sulk just because I don't get on with people... although that isn't to say they might not try and start something with me."

"As far as Kelsey is concerned, he seems nice enough. I am not easily irritated by other people... unless they start pushing the wrong buttons concerning my possible origins, or my lack of memory, or my time under Irenicus's influence. or my appearance, or my not knowing my parents, or... er, did I say I got on well with people?" (*winks*)

Edited by Sir Kalthorine, 03 June 2007 - 03:44 PM.

#8 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Thank you Chrysta! You will certainly be a very welcome addition to my party. Do you feel that just because Charname takes you under his/her wing that using her/him as a moral compass is really a good idea? Don't you fear that Charname may cause you to become someone you won't like? Is it easy for you to trust your benefactor?
I hope these questions make sense. : )

#9 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

Do you feel that just because Charname takes you under his/her wing that using her/him as a moral compass is really a good idea?

"Well... it isn't as though I have much choice, really. It is strange, when I meet up with <CHARNAME> outside Irenicus's dungeon I have all these generic 'cultural' memories such as knowing where I was, recognising different races, that kind of thing... but as far as knowing how to treat others, and truly what is right or wrong, I don't have any personal memories to use as a benchmark for how to behave. I seem to recall that quite early on in my dealings with <CHARNAME> someone describes my soul as being a bit like 'a piece of unfired china clay', so in that regard I don't really have any grounds to object to whichever direction his/her 'moral compass' points!"

Don't you fear that Charname may cause you to become someone you won't like?

"I am pretty confident that wouldn't happen, but as my sense of "self" develops then I certainly won't stand by and let anything <CHARNAME> does interfere with that or prevent me from growing as a person. The thing is, though, I don't really "like" being as different as I am to begin with, with no sense of my own past and hence no feeling for what future lies before me, so I will probably feel that whoever <CHARNAME> helps me to become is likely to be an improvement."

Is it easy for you to trust your benefactor?

"So far it has been, yes. He/she was good enough to take me in with little or no questions asked, so at the very least I think he/she deserves my complete trust, at least to begin with. So I am taking "trust" as a given, and it is up to <CHARNAME> to affirm or undermine that trust by his/her actions, as opposed to having to build it up from nothing."

I hope these questions make sense.

"Of course they do! And your concern and interest in my welfare is very sweet, thank you."