Photo

Westley Weimer's Tactics Mod

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zo'Garth

Zo'Garth
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:26 AM

I read that using the tactics mod first and then skipping over the BP177 versions might be better. Any truth to this?
Its better to burn out.... than to fade away!

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

From where did you read this?

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#3 Zo'Garth

Zo'Garth
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

From where did you read this?

Let me go back through the forums/posts here to see if I can find it.

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:28 AM

I read that using the tactics mod first and then skipping over the BP177 versions might be better. Any truth to this?

Speaking about bugs and stability yes, that's true for now.

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#5 Zo'Garth

Zo'Garth
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:10 AM

Speaking about bugs and stability yes, that's true for now.

mm75

I thought I was going insane :wacko: , I tried to locate that thread but didn't find it. Sometimes my BGT research sends me to other threads. Thank you, my son in college is playing his 1st "modded" BG2 game, and after the cut screen problem with ROT was fixed he's out of the dungeon and having a ball. By the way, I mentioned in an another thread is it possible to play multiplayer in BGT? I can't see a way, but I told my son that I would ask. I believe with all the different mods and NPCs that you need would occupy all your slots anyway. :rolleyes: Me I taking a break while waiting on the update coming out for TDD, CTB, ROT, etc... that was mentioned.

Edited by Zo'Garth, 05 June 2007 - 05:12 AM.

#6 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

I'm using the Smarter Dragons from Tactics, but this has to be installed after BP as there is no BP component tp skip.

I think you may have read about Ascension; that is installed before BP, then skip the BP component.

Details, people. we need details.

#7 Zo'Garth

Zo'Garth
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:56 AM

I'm using the Smarter Dragons from Tactics, but this has to be installed after BP as there is no BP component tp skip.

I think you may have read about Ascension; that is installed before BP, then skip the BP component.

Details, people. we need details.

Well, I installed all tactics mods before BP and of course skipped there counterparts in the BP install :whistling: . My son still having fun without any "known" problems yet...Take that back he's in the bridge district and is having a cannot leave the building after talking to a girl at a party. I know its vague, but until I talk to him his text message was pretty vague.

#8 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:01 AM

That installation order sounds okay, as you want BP to trump other tactics-altering mods. (We all do remember that BP is a tactics-altering mod?)

That's a Check the Bodies bug, I think. Gotta use CLUA to get out of that place.

#9 Zo'Garth

Zo'Garth
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:38 AM

That installation order sounds okay, as you want BP to trump other tactics-altering mods. (We all do remember that BP is a tactics-altering mod?)

That's a Check the Bodies bug, I think. Gotta use CLUA to get out of that place.

Well he got out of there without CLUAing, his only comment was " This place is like Monty Hall" Armor of Sir Lancelot - Artifact level (Super AC, like +5 to stats, some gauntlets which gives you similar stats, uber powerful weapons) most were just found and didn't have to be fought over all at 11th level :doh: ? I have played through the BG1 portion of BGT and was amazed, but wow. I told him that maybe he should just not use them, but for now the power is to intoxicating to resist :woot: . Great a BG2 item junkie, an intervention will have to folllow and the withdraws is not going to be pretty :wacko:

#10 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

Wha-a-a? Never heard of that armor. Must be part of Exnem's mod.

Getting serious loot is always enticing, but for fun's sake I either drop too-2-powerful stuff on the ground to become mulch or some stableboy to pick up to become a mighty warrior - ha! - or store more useful stuff in a container, so if I do want it later I know where to find it. If I'm hurting for cash, I sell it.

YMMV...