sort of a release.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#21 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

Yes, the final name is "BG1-like flaming sword animation".

If you want to fully enjoy it, SOME of the flame sword .ITM files will have to be tweaked, since they have no constant lighting (COLOR GLOW PULSE, without a solid glow) and this will look odd as the flame turns 'dark' in between the flashes at night.

I'll do a search for "FS" in all .itm files, and hopefully this one will be sorted out.

#22 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:53 PM

Erephine,

what more can I (we) all say if not THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts ?

I have had my computer (and Internet) down for quite some time but now I check it in here and find this new post of yours.

I do hope somebody (Kulyok, Miloch) will be kind enough to package all those precious little gems of yours in a WeiDu format for a long-waited, much needed new version of 1PP.

I am going to write your nickname in pencil in my original Baldur's Gate Manual, just in the credited list for the artists that created the game.

Again, congratulations... :cheers:

Edited by Salk, 06 June 2007 - 11:54 PM.

#23 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

Nice work, Erephine. (Including the excellent herb drawings.)

I have NOT asked for permission to do this. I will put it offline immediately if asked.

Why didn't you send an email? Both the Herbs website and the mod's readme includes my email address.

This was done for my own enjoyment, and I am only sharing it here, because I feel this is a very interesting mod, and it deserves to be played. !!

Thank you for your compliment, I'm glad to hear you find it interesting. It was planned to be extended (Herbs should be spread in the game, Tutu edition still has BG1 item descriptions, some items are overpowered...), but somehow I could never get to it. However, now that you've made these cool changes, I could try to integrate them (and release a new version) sometime in the future -- of course, you would be credited in the readme & website. What do you think?

By the way, your package includes itm files as well -- did the BAM references require update, or what are the changes?
Law, chaos, mystery... interesting plot and dangerous battles... new enemies - and new friends. -- some new fun in BG1Tutu: In Candlelight

#24 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

What can i say... :Tasty:
I'm especially eager to try the flaming animation...i've one question about it, is it possible to make other items that make elemental damage use a similar animation?

#25 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

All items that are supposed to have it in the original game (Flaming sword +4/+5, FlameTongue, some others) will definitely have it. (I'll have to patch some of them for it to work correctly before the release, though).

Your mod items will have it, too - if you choose FS animation AND colorglow_solid effects(look at sw1h13.itm to see how it's done).

#26 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

I've just tried the new FS animation...i think Flame Tongue is now my favourite blade with that fabulous animation! It's really incredible! :Tasty: Can i use your FS animation and shield .bams in conjunction with the item mod i'm developing at G3 forums? Your name will be even before mine if i'll ever accomplish to finish it! :Bow:

OFF TOPIC: Is there a way to change the Log In Name? I use Demivrgvs in every forum but this...

Edited by Sir Michael, 09 June 2007 - 09:12 AM.

#27 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

I am going to write your nickname in pencil in my original Baldur's Gate Manual, just in the credited list for the artists that created the game.

:blush: :blush:

Stop making me blush damn it. :crying:

Nice work, Erephine. (Including the excellent herb drawings.)

I have NOT asked for permission to do this. I will put it offline immediately if asked.

Why didn't you send an email? Both the Herbs website and the mod's readme includes my email address.

Thank you. :)

I didn't send a mail because... I... uh... this is kind of embarrassing actually :unsure: :mellow:

This was done for my own enjoyment, and I am only sharing it here, because I feel this is a very interesting mod, and it deserves to be played. !!

Thank you for your compliment, I'm glad to hear you find it interesting. It was planned to be extended (Herbs should be spread in the game, Tutu edition still has BG1 item descriptions, some items are overpowered...), but somehow I could never get to it. However, now that you've made these cool changes, I could try to integrate them (and release a new version) sometime in the future -- of course, you would be credited in the readme & website. What do you think?

By the way, your package includes itm files as well -- did the BAM references require update, or what are the changes?

What can I say, I like herbology. It would be so great if you could go collect herbs in BG1's rich wilderness. With them actually regrowing.

I know it's not really finished, which is actually the reason the .ITM files are there. I intended to fix some issues, but I don't think I ever actually edited them. I also wanted to give the other items individual icons/description images, so that would have made it necessary to edit them. Some half-finished potion images should be in there, but I never fixed them up and implemented them if I remember correctly.

Some of the items are overpowered, but others also seem really underpowered. I remember spending lots of money and valuable herbs and getting back a potion that was essentially useless. The ones that didn't cost too much were actually more useful.

I hope this does get extended someday... :)

As I said in my first post, they're yours. Feel free to use them, edit them, in any way you'd like. Don't worry about crediting. I'm okay with everything.

I've just tried the new FS animation...i think Flame Tongue is now my favourite blade with that fabulous animation! It's really incredible! :Tasty: Can i use your FS animation and shield .bams in conjunction with the item mod i'm developing at G3 forums? Your name will be even before mine if i'll ever accomplish to finish it! :Bow:

OFF TOPIC: Is there a way to change the Log In Name? I use Demivrgvs in every forum but this...

It won't be that great once you get used to seeing it :P

Again I point to my first post.

And wow, that is really off topic. :lol: It is possible. PM an administrator.

崇高滑稽
·

#28 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

All in Favor of Erephine getting a MODDER tag?

Aye!

#29 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

Done and done. :)

#30 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

Can you get rid of it again? :blink:

崇高滑稽
·

#31 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:43 AM

I - can do that, too. :)

#32 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:03 AM

:hug:

Thank you :wub:

崇高滑稽
·

#33 Baronius

Baronius
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for your answer, Erephine. I might fix the mod (also adding your cool images) sometime.

I give my consent for your Herbs files, feel free to keep them available in this thread.

Good luck to your hobby, keep up the good work!
Law, chaos, mystery... interesting plot and dangerous battles... new enemies - and new friends. -- some new fun in BG1Tutu: In Candlelight

#34 Daeva

Daeva
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

Great work as usual!  Finally my flame swords will look as they should!

1PP is the only mod that is always installed on my game - you'll be missed... Thanks for all your efforts!

#35 --Guest--

--Guest--

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

I was wondering if there were any mirrors for the files on other webhosts -apart- from rapidshare. Any links pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

And let me join the others by sayng how much I appreciate your work, Erephine. Its making my game look tons better.

#36 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

Aaaand... flaming swords are now available here, thanks to Erephine's skills and Nythrun's quick coding. Be sure to view the Readme before you install the mod.

#37 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:18 AM

It's not like I've only registered to tell Erephine how great she is and how I love her work... it's like I probably wouldn't register if it wasn't for this possibility. So, technically, yes: I've only registered to tell Erephine how great she is. THANK YOU EREPHINE!!!

I truly hope to see all of these eye candies in the next release of 1PP... is anyone working on it, btw?

#38 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:30 AM

There's another version in the works soon. :)

#39 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:45 AM

It's not like I've only registered to tell Erephine how great she is and how I love her work... it's like I probably wouldn't register if it wasn't for this possibility. So, technically, yes: I've only registered to tell Erephine how great she is. THANK YOU EREPHINE!!!

*blushes furiously and hides*

I... umm.... I don't know...

thank you? :blush:

I truly hope to see all of these eye candies in the next release of 1PP... is anyone working on it, btw?

Actually, yes. I didn't expect to be able to say that, but Liam here has kindly offered his help. :) I'm not sure if all of them will be included with the installer, I guess ultimately, it's not up to me. Definitely the finished components and the flaming sword, though.

崇高滑稽
·

#40 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

thank you? :blush:

Well, thank *you* for making BG2 look the way it should! :D

Actually, yes. I didn't expect to be able to say that, but Liam here has kindly offered his help. :)

Teh pwnage! :ph34r:

I've just finished my second time through BG2 but I may consider a thrid time just for the sake of trying out 1PP. Btw, does anything in this mod need to be translated for foreign versions of the game?