Comments about PoOC thread #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

#1 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #11 here

Edited by Zombie216, 13 June 2007 - 06:01 AM.

#2 Xetirox

Xetirox

The other Black Swordsman

• 74 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

The Lock came! the Lock came! None have surviiiiiiiiived! But I will not be stopped!

@MystykStar: Lori's lookin' good. Something looks very wild about her.

@ghaleon1103: Welcome! Thanks for sharing. The goggles look good on her, she has a real retro-futuristic style to her with them and the gear she's wearing here. Neat.

@Treetop Smoker: You've got a cool action shot here. Like the different stances they're all in; with the Legionaires in the exact same ones, as if in formation, and the girls doing their own thing. Shows what different styles and backgrounds these characters have.

@Spike4072
: Now that's just cool, there are so many potential screens to make with that cape! And the waterfall shots are very festive and relaxing, especially this one. Snow better watch out, though, her friend is looking like she wants a partner in her skinny dipping.

@Chimera: Good job with the posing here. Looks very cute. Some close-ups would have been nice, though.

@Karandras: Hmm, could use some better, closer shots of her face, but what I see looks good. Very tough, mature, and strong-looking.

@Soul Slayer: Good job with all the karate kicks. You showed those Conjurers what for! And I love the way the light reflects off of the water here, adds an oddly serene look to an otherwise actiony shot.

@Rumplesteasza
: Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed my story. I was hoping to emphasize what a powerful and dangerous object the Oghma Infinium is, and what may happen when someone "reads" it, imagining it as something far more spectacular than the game could portray ("Open it up, and increase my Intelligence, Willpower, and Conjuration by 10? That was easy!"). I am curious about the one you mentioned and how similar it is to mine. Would you be willing to share it (if only I can bang my head on the wall in frustration at failing to come up with an original idea :ROFL:)? As for your stuff, there's lot of excellent atmosphere in your shots, especially in this one! Like how the harsh flames seem to add a silhouette effect to the characters, adds dramatic tension. And the pics of her taking the Sigil Stone are awe-inspiring, how the fires engulf her (like here, this one's a keeper)! and the ones that follow are great too, the amber lighting and clear skies give an impression of the calm after the storm, and weariness of heroism. Great job with the hair as well!

@Highpressure: Thank you for your comments. I'm glad I was able to immerse you in Cynn's journey. As for your pics, the mid-air acrobatic combat ones are tight! Don't even want to know what you had to go through to get those positions just right.

@Die 75: The lighting in these latest shots is fantastic, illustrates the nature of the beasts he's fighting very well. I like his expression in this shot, and this pic is very tense. I can imagine seeing them charging down that narrow corridor, apearing in a sea of red from the shadows.

@Floydian1: Wow, she's got some slick dance moves. Those all make a very neat set when put together. And as many have already mentioned, she's wearing some cool stuff here!

@Zombie216: Fool, you should have kept Azura out of danger! The goddess of the same name is a very vain one, and would pull every stop to get rid of this poser!

Edited by Xetirox, 12 June 2007 - 11:20 PM.

"Even if I forcibly replace everything I've lost, they won't go back to normal."
-Guts, episode 287

The Threads of Causality have been tied! This topic is branded for sacrifice!

#3 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

@Everyone: Wonderful shots in this last thread, just checked it all but I'm too tired to post comment on everyone's work :unsure: I see the new animation mod is quite popular so I tried it too. But after reading through the Comment thread, I was wondering: some people were talking about two animation mod. I know the Japanese one that Treetop dug up for us (thanks a lot :hug: ) but there was also one by Alexander Wolf that got mentioned, where could I find this one ?

@highpressure: Hmm, this new outfit seems to be popular. It looks wonderful, where does it come from ? :P

EDIT: Nvm, found it :)

Edited by Cosmic-Banana, 12 June 2007 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

EFGAddPose_v4a.7z.zip and SJOJOv0.1? It says SJOJO so I guess thats what it's called...

Wait a minute...all hell...
JOJOModv0.2.zip? Did they just release another one? Doesn't seem to have any new animations but has something called JOJOeffect.esp? Readme barely says something about an Addspell/Remove Spell?

Edit: Ack! Well, I guess it's posted If anyone hasn't gotten them yet...

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 12 June 2007 - 11:03 PM.

A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#5 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

@Spike4072: Now that's just cool, there are so many potential screens to make with that cape! And the waterfall shots are very festive and relaxing, especially this one. Snow better watch out, though, her friend is looking like she wants a partner in her skinny dipping.

Thank you for the comments :) Yes I could see Haruko swimming up and draging Snow into the water with her :lol:

<SNIP>

Akame, a Westweald Elf

Base races: Ice Elves and Wolf Elves by Spike 4072

Method: opened Spike's esp in the cs, added new race from scratch.

Background:
A few years have passed since Haruko and Luna first met Snow.
Wolf Elves and Snow Elves have lived together in the region south-east of Skingrad after the dust of past wars had settled and
learned to appreciate each other...

Any interest in that race, Spike? :whistling:

They look nice :)

#6 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:20 AM

Ryu, I love this picture. It has a very friendshippy feel to it. Great caption, too :D
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#7 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:47 AM

I have such a slow connection tonight so really haven't looked through many screenshots.

My favourite one, though has to be this one! :coolthumb:

8)

#8 ghaleon1103

ghaleon1103
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the kind comments, Xetirox! :)

RE: http://i29.photobuck...enShot520-1.jpg
Very intense look, Zombie, nice pic!

RE: http://i174.photobuc...1_Akame_Wwe.jpg
Akame's really cute, ChaironDeCeleste.
Posted Image

#9 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

And here we are again, apologies about this being delayed, when i looked last night the new topic hadn't been made yet so I decided to wait.

Oh and atm I have become a little "disenchanted" with oblivion so there won't be any new pictures from me for a bit (though I will continue to do these replies and read all the oblivion forums forums to excess :) )

Zombie216 post Yesterday, 01:10 AM: Talk about a stupid beggar :) Somehow your last shot reminds me of His Divine shadow from the old sci-fi show Lexx :)

Chimera post Yesterday, 09:06 AM: Now that is a cute baby dragon :) great positioning

Soul_Slayer post Yesterday, 11:43 AM: Great ninja pictures and use of the new animations :)

Rumpleteasza post Yesterday, 11:54 AM
: more amazing screens, made even more amazing by the fact you drew the hair in :) (Sauron's Vomit? Can't say I have ever thought of oblivion that way :) )

highpressure post Yesterday, 12:46 PM: Awesome action shots, i really like the second one, it looks like you took the top of their head off.

Floydian1 post Yesterday, 01:40 PM: Great angles and lighting on those animations, your version is a ton better than mine :)

Spike4072 post Yesterday, 02:20 PM: Great story, I am looking forward to the next part (the elves I still find a little disturbing though)

DIE 75 post Yesterday, 02:23 PM: I love his facial expression when he got hit with the arrow, did you make that fort?

Soul_Slayer post Yesterday, 02:43 PM
: More great uses of the new animations :) (btw in the second thumbnail is she trying to cut her hair?)

Floydian1 post Yesterday, 03:13 PM
: I see a lot of people have commented on this shot already so i will only add: Awesome picture :)

Soul_Slayer post Yesterday, 04:21 PM: wow after those pictures real estate values in the Talos plaza district are going to skyrocket :)

Floydian1 post Yesterday, 04:55 PM: That sword from Bab really goes well with that outfit :)

Yorkmaster post Yesterday, 05:57 PM
: I really like the improvements to their face, btw, how exactly did you get so much blood on you, I thought gargoyles were stone...:)

Zombie216 post Yesterday, 06:01 PM Ouch! thats gonna leave a mark or two :)

Spike4072 post Yesterday, 08:45 PM: Great pictures there, I always have liked the waterfalls in oblivion

Treetop Smoker post Yesterday, 10:52 PM
: I didn't know that cats liked that type of book :) (Okay, now that I look at that sentence that could have so many meanings but in all honesty i truly was thinking of the cat :whistling: )

End of post #10

Zombie216 post Today, 01:10 AM: Yea, Azura does looked a bit ticked, I wonder why... :)

highpressure post Today, 01:13 AM
: That first shot is amazing, mixing the amazing armor in was brilliant :Bow: :Bow:

jackmix69 post Today, 01:34 AM: lol it took me a minute of looking at that pictures so realize it wasn't oblivion character :)

Rogue Sun post Today, 01:36 AM: Another amazing shot from you, great use of that filter.

Cosmic-Banana post Today, 02:19 AM: Nice ninja pictures and have a good trip :)

ChaironDeCeleste post Today, 02:26 AM: Nicely done! they look much less disturbing (to me at least) than a normal wolf elf :)

Ryu Doppler post Today, 02:28 AM: great night pictures there, I really like the mini story :)

madmole post Today, 05:17 AM: You know its about time someone made this, seems like all the normal armors got changed but not this one for some reason. Though it might be a good idea to shrink the chest a little, even for Exnems that's a bit big in my opinion ;)

Floydian1 post Today, 06:12 AM: A repost? how am i supposed to come up with something intelligent to say about a repost? I had a hard enough time with the originals :) In all seriousness even if they are a repost those are great pictures)

Yorkmaster post Today, 07:08 AM: Great angle on those that bandit looks like they are about to be sacrificed to some god :)

highpressure post Today, 10:27 AM: I don't believe its possable for them to look any more like a witch hunter than they do currently, well done.

Wow for the first time I actually timed myself as to how long it took to write this up, it was over an hour. It never occurred to me how long this took before...
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#10 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:54 AM

highpressure, where can I find that black horse armor in post #12? Also, what is the latest version of the Deadly Reflex mod because I see lots of very bloody peeps and better looking decapitations. Can anyone link me to these mods? Thanks! :)

#11 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:58 AM

highpressure, where can I find that black horse armor in post #12? Also, what is the latest version of the Deadly Reflex mod because I see lots of very bloody peeps and better looking decapitations. Can anyone link me to these mods? Thanks! :)

Here is the newest version of Deadly Reflexes and here is the mod that makes your character get blood covered

Edited by Karandras, 13 June 2007 - 07:58 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

Spike4072 post Yesterday, 02:20 PM: Great story, I am looking forward to the next part (the elves I still find a little disturbing though)

Spike4072 post Yesterday, 08:45 PM: Great pictures there, I always have liked the waterfalls in oblivion

Thanks I am glad people like my shots and story :)

So what about my Wolf elves is so disturbing? :lol:

Edited by Spike4072, 13 June 2007 - 08:32 AM.

#13 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

@ Karandras - Those new animations are neat. Though damn funny when being done in the middle of the street. :new_thumbs: :lol:
BTW, could you check the link for that mod? I went to the page, and it only had jpgs. amd save-games listed. Thanks muchly :) this might help :) Here's where the link sent me. Great pics, but no animation mods http://eq2.matrix.jp...html?1181657336
And same with the "Valeria revived" one posted by {url=http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=27150&st=300]Treetop[/url] It too goes to a page with just jpgs. (link to page sent to - http://eq2.matrix.jp...html?1181662417 )
I've done the refresh thing, and deleted all cookies/temp internet files on my system, but still get those same pages. Any help would be muchly appreciated. :huh: :unsure:

Has anyone checked out IslandMaster 020 + newOnsen + BodySoap + 暖簾修正 yet?

Great shots everyone! Keep up the good work.

And on to thread 11! :)

@ highpressure - Whoo hoo!! table dance!! :) Excellent shots :coolthumb:

@ jackmix69 - nice character Are you going to be putting him in game? He looks like he'd fit right in, and while there are many pretty, scantily clad females now running around Tamriel, there aren't very many scantily sclad males yet. Females like ogling too ya' know... :Tasty: :whistling:

@ ChaironDeCeleste - Cool looking character :cookie: :cookie:

@ Ryu Doppler - Fantastic, and funny. :) Just how long did that battle (semi-random shots) take? :lol:

@ Darziak - That is one vicious dude in that story. I look forward to following what happens. :D

@ Cosmic-Banana - Great shots! Have fun on your trip!! 8)

@ Karandras - We all sometiimes need a break from what we've been doing. :) Lets us take a fresh look at things when we get back.

#14 madmole

madmole
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

madmole post Today, 05:17 AM: You know its about time someone made this, seems like all the normal armors got changed but not this one for some reason. Though it might be a good idea to shrink the chest a little, even for Exnems that's a bit big in my opinion ;)

I imported Exnem's mesh into the armor in max, the cloth barely covers her breasts. It could be the camera angles too, I certainly used ones that accentuate the work I did. Other angles and lighting make it less obvious. Take a look at some of the Exnem's clothing mods they look the same way. When I first installed them and was walking around imperial city I was like WOW.. lol. I wish the game could have random breast sizes and weight, so not everyone is built the same. Oh well tes5 maybe.

#15 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

I was wondering what you guys think about truning my story into an in game quest? Of course it would need to be changed from the story some with the player takeing Snows place and maybe start by finding Haruko in an IC bar or something. I am makeing dungeons for were the Evil mage lives for my story shots so I could add on to them and make fully working in game dungeons. :)

#16 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

@ Karandras - Those new animations are neat. Though damn funny when being done in the middle of the street. :new_thumbs: :lol:
BTW, could you check the link for that mod? I went to the page, and it only had jpgs. amd save-games listed. Thanks muchly :) this might help :) Here's where the link sent me. Great pics, but no animation mods http://eq2.matrix.jp...html?1181657336
And same with the "Valeria revived" one posted by {url=http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=27150&st=300]Treetop[/url] It too goes to a page with just jpgs. (link to page sent to - http://eq2.matrix.jp...html?1181662417 )
I've done the refresh thing, and deleted all cookies/temp internet files on my system, but still get those same pages. Any help would be muchly appreciated. :huh: :unsure:

Try this one, it should be 9th down on the list, its named JOJOModv0.2.zip
http://eq2.matrix.jp/snup/upload.html

(note: if its not there try looking a few links down or on the next page)
Posted Image

#17 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

@ Ryu Doppler - Fantastic, and funny. :) Just how long did that battle (semi-random shots) take? :lol:

It took a while. I was actually testing Natural Enviroments since I finally got it to run(I had bad trouble with it before: CTDs,slowdowns,ect). As soon as they started going at it, I decided to get me some food and well...they just kept fighting out of reach of each other. Musta kept doing it for several game hours while I ate. At least till I was done, then I just snuck behind and took him down...

The whole pouty thing happened too. After I killed the Bandit Boss, she just started looking at this one corpse and refused to move or follow me. I actually had to reload! :P
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#18 DIE 75

DIE 75
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for the comment Xetirox, you da man! :new_thumbs:

DIE 75 post Yesterday, 02:23 PM: I love his facial expression when he got hit with the arrow, did you make that fort?

I'm glad you liked it! I liked that screen a lot too. Unfortunately, I'm a very amateur modder and could never make a fort. It's something for the Akavir team and I'm just BETA testing it for them.
Posted Image

#19 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

That hat in Floydian's shots remindes me of the red mage from Final Fantasy games :)

#20 shadowj

shadowj
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

O.O dammit Floyd you know how to make hawt females and the hat's add to it :P you make a redhead and well...Brackus may just have to stop his killing spree to say hello ^^