is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:36 AM

Posted Image
#11 Challenge:
Aerie
Deadline: Friday, 30th June
Post your piece in this topic!

Our Fanart Challenge's next subject for the following two weeks will be Aerie, the poor little avariel you either love or hate! I expect to see a lot of different kinds of entries, varying from love scenes to "quit yer whining", from fantastic portraits to hilarious comics. That said, the style is free once again! Use what ever media you wish as long as the outcome is your own. :)

Have fun drawing, peeps!

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:43 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:16 AM

Heehee, being the first lazy entrant is great.

Posted Image

Well, guys, you probably saw this one coming... :P

#3 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:38 AM

So wrong... but so right! :cheers:

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#4 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

Ummm. I'm really sorry but am I the only one who didn't get WeeRLegion's entry?

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#5 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:42 AM

The creature is an orc. Aerie is a most tasty bird-like avariel. Approach the thought again.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#6 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:48 AM

The creature is an orc. Aerie is a most tasty bird-like avariel. Approach the thought again.

OH!! .....I feel so stupid now. :lol: Now that I get it, it's hilarious. :D

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

With the pudgy tummy and the stubby legs, he just looks so perfect!

berelinde's mods

#8 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:02 AM

Yes, I'm definitively sure many males would like to eat a chick like Aerie out. Looks like our orc forgot to check all definitions on Wiktionary before making rushed decisions, though :D

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

Looks like he's enjoying himself, one way or the other, and that's all that counts.

berelinde's mods

#10 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

:woot: That's hilarious :lol: !

#11 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

Mm, chicken. Kekeke. :devil:

Sprites, here we go! Baldur's Gate, Phantasy Star edition: little Aerie...
ps_aerie.gif

...and big Aerie!
ps_aerie2.gif

The ears I used for Xan didn't look elfish enough, so I gave her ones that stick out to the sides. I think that works better.

#12 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

Nice. ^_^

With the changed ears, i think even Jarno will have to agree that they're much less wereratty.
The orange on the robes is maybe a tiny bit heavy and solid for her, but hey, good job overall. :)

And as a side-note, thanks for the nice comments guys. ^^

Edited by WeeRLegion, 15 June 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#13 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:35 AM

Uh, I dunno. Kind of hard to make a robe seem less solid when it's only seven pixels wide. I'd have to remove parts of it.

ps_aerie_v2.gif

ps_aerie_v2_2.gif

...um. :blink:

I didn't much like the mage robes for females in the games. It's like... the whole party would know the colour of your underwear if there's a gust of wind, and that really didn't seem to be Aerie's style.

The guys' robes are much better. Game designers are OMGSEXIST. :o

#14 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:03 AM

It's like... the whole party would know the colour of your underwear if there's a gust of wind

They wear that stuff? Some girls out here in L.A. have stoped wearing underwear. :devil:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#15 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

Yes, I'm definitively sure many males would like to eat a chick like Aerie out. Looks like our orc forgot to check all definitions on Wiktionary before making rushed decisions, though :D

*WHIMPER* (Soft high pitched moaning)

Is it WRONG to become excited whilst playing BG2?

But seriously...

I might just try and get in on this one.

MiM - Is a relationship between a minotaur and a birdlike female possible? Bhaal only knows. (Seeking therapy LOL)
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#16 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:10 AM

That the ogre has a mullet is creepy enough in and of itself :blink: .

I'll try to draw a happier, more colorful pic by the end of the two weeks, but, for now, y'all will just have to settle for this quickie sketch that I just HAD to get out of my system before I go to bed **yawn**.

Attached Images

• img004.jpg

(I like parentheses.)

#17 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

Here's mine, but it is an older picture I posted on Elfwood when I was 14.

Posted Image

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#18 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:39 AM

wow that was you! I saw your gallery a long while ago! I have my own elfwood gallery too!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#19 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

*strays from the topic*

wow that was you! I saw your gallery a long while ago! I have my own elfwood gallery too!

Coo! But I stopped updating mine two or three years ago. :( And now I'm kind of ashamed of it. All of my people are curved and look funny. :unsure: Aerie and Haer'Dalis were the newest ones, though. Well, the FanArt gallery is still ok, I don't care if my Harry Potter parodies are fuzzy, but the SciFi&F... eek.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#20 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

This portrait is after she's all depressed...you can tell by the fact that she's almost glowing. I always thought Aerie to be a delicate and elegant elf with pale skin,defined traits and fancy elven clothes. And the result, is this.

Aerie.png
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu